It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquakes getting bigger.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   
I have been getting more reports of bigger earthquakes over the last 3 or 4 days, and I am thinking that we are heading for a really big one some place, as getting 5 and 6 mag quakes were bad, but take a look at this one at 5PM UK time on 7 th Nov 2012 and you will get the point I am making.

Earthquake Details

This event has been reviewed by a seismologist.

Magnitude 7.4
Date-Time

Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 16:35:50 UTC
Wednesday, November 07, 2012 at 10:35:50 AM at epicenter
Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 14.083°N, 91.916°W
Depth 41.6 km (25.9 miles)
Region OFFSHORE GUATEMALA
Distances 24 km (14 miles) S of Champerico, Guatemala
56 km (34 miles) SSW of Retalhuleu, Guatemala
61 km (37 miles) SSW of San Sebastian, Guatemala
61 km (37 miles) SSE of Suchiate, Mexico
Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 15 km (9.3 miles); depth +/- 9 km (5.6 miles)
Parameters NST=635, Nph=635, Dmin=244.9 km, Rmss=1.17 sec, Gp= 58°,
M-type=(unknown type), Version=7
Source

Magnitude: USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID usb000dlwm

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
indeed, ive been monitoring them as well.. it appears that the ring of fire is dancing to a heavier tune over the past week.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
So if I understand you correctly, a few hours after a magnitude 7 earthquake, you feel they've been getting stronger over the last 3 days?
A true enough statement to make after ANY large earthquake in all of history, I should imagine.
So yes, you're right.

I also think we've had more Presidential elections in the last few days than in recent years.
I should start a thread. "Presidential elections getting more common"

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
So are we blaming the Aliens? Thought I would ask since you posted EQ data to the UFO/Aliens forum.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Alternative4u

You're reading way too much into things.

Consider this: 1908 Messina, Italy: 60000 (conservative estimate from earthquake only) deaths.

Messina Earthquake - wiki

Other reports claim 100,000 - 200,000 lives lost.

On December 28, 1908 from about 05:20 to 05:21 an earthquake of 7.1 on the moment magnitude scale occurred centered on the of city Messina, in Sicily. Reggio on the Italian mainland also suffered heavy damage. The ground shook for some 30 to 40 seconds, and the destruction was felt within a 300-kilometer (186-mile) radius. Moments after the earthquake, a 12-meter (39-foot) tsunami struck nearby coasts, causing even more devastation; 91% of structures in Messina were destroyed and some 70,000 residents were killed. Rescuers searched through the rubble for weeks, and whole families were still being pulled out alive days later, but thousands remained buried there. Buildings in the area had not been constructed for earthquake resistance, having heavy roofs and vulnerable foundations.

Natural disasters happen ... naturally, and maintaining a narrow focus on your own little speck of time over the last few or so decades doesn't take into account the all the mega disasters you never knew about because no one was around to witness them, or left over to report them.

We have historical disasters, but, we've also a wonderful geological history we can plot and study.

How do you think the Himalaya Mountains formed? The Colorado Rocky Mountains?
How far distant has North and South America drifted away from the Eur-Africo-Asian continental mass?
Where did Australia come from?

The planet is dynamically changing all the time, must more so than you might expect since it all seems to creep along at a gradual geological pace, but, sometimes now and then again ... BOOM!
Se see something spectacular.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Every 7 point something that happens in the Ring of Fire, lessens the impact of "The Big One" so hopefully mother earth can continue to let off steam gradually and keep making sure no one gets hurt. Fingers crossed!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
We had one on Vancouver Island on October 29th that was pretty big, and then another one last night which was around 7 off the coast as well. I didn't feel either as i'm more inland, but they keep referencing a "Big One" to hit in the papers and a lot of implications to get a survival kit together. Granted Vancouver has been expecting a "Big One" since I was in Elementary school.. But why all of this notice now?
I even read one article in the local "24 newspaper" that if it hits, we can't say they didnt warn us..

top topics

join