It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

T MOBILE INCOMPETENCE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Sorry that this is my first thread and it's a rant.
T Mobile, or 'EE' sent a letter dated 30th October to the Company that I work for. They said the bill hadn't been paid. I phoned them yesterday to advise that the bill had been paid and had cleared the bank account on 16th October. They refused to discuss it with me as I didn't have the password and they couldn't discuss it due to the Data protection act. No problem, I said, I know the Data protection act doesn't apply in this instance as it is a Company bill, but I can tell you the cheque number and the date is cleared, and leave you to sort it out, as the Phone belongs to the M.D. and it's extremely important that it isn't disconnected. I was then disconnected.
I phoned back and gave the information again. The Child dealing with the query refused to discuss and I ended up in the same loop - blah blah blah.
My Boss phoned today, gave the password then passed the phone to me to continue the call.
They had completely ignored my telephone calls yesterday. I was then asked for a copy of the cheque and the paying in slip.I explained that I didn't have a copy of a cheque as they had it, together with the paying in slip as they had paid it into their bank account. I told her this about 6 - 8 times. Then she asked for a copy of the Company bank statement! By this time I was pretty furious, and had to pass phone back to Boss in case I swore. He gave up trying to use logic and common sense, and we then had to send a copy of the bank statement with all entries redacted except the date, cheque number and amount of cheque, i.e. exactly the same information that I had already given them over the phone several times.
How on earth can a Company continue to trade when it is run so incompetently and with such contempt for their Customers? Asking for a bank statement is the same as calling me a liar!
I have e-mailed a copy of the Data protection act to the M.D. of EE and requested that he lets me know when his Company will abide by the law.
btw, in the last 6 months, they have lost 2 cheques and we have had to cancel and reissue them.
I have never dealt with such morons.
Hell, I am so angry I've put this in the wrong forum!
Could someone advise me how to move it, please?

edit on 7-11-2012 by tazdeill2 because: Posted in the wrong place

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tazdeill2

It sounds like it is all mobile companies.

I just signed up for Mobilicity Canada in September and they needed a voided cheque for a special plan promotion so I gave them one. Couple of weeks later I notice that my plan cost is too high so I contact the company and they tell me they haven't received my debit forms yet they were "lost" in the mail. Had to resend them all my information and pay a second month at full plan price. Now that they have my debit information and they took November's payment... in October, a full 5 days before it was due. So now I have been overcharged on plans AND I lost about a week and a half in billing days because of debit withdrawals.

Do you guys have an area of government that deals with cell phones and communications? In Canada we have the CRTC who is currently taking in complaints about cellular companies and are looking at regulating them in 2013.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

You got it easy.
You gotta hear this one from Verizon.
Where they can't tell the difference between dollars and cents.

verizonmath.blogspot.com...

I don't find the audio file. but the verizon csr can't do math right.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Having worked for BCE in Canada I can clearly sympathize with you. We have a data protection act here in Canada that's not only meant to protect the individual but businesses as well from possible fraud (I know, this is as plain as day). As for the bank statement, that does seem a little much. Why not just give them the transfer number from the bank statement and have their accounts receivable department contact the bank. Then again we are dealing with a telecommunications company, lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by MonkeyFishFrog

Hi, yes we have ofcom who are supposed to deal with complaints, but first you have to complain to the phone company in order to give them the opportunity to sort it out. Unfortunately, it is impossible to get through to the complaints department as you just keep getting passed to customer services, who are ineffectual and don't register your complaint. This is a ploy to reduce the number of complaints that the companies receive as people just give up because you can only say the same thing a limited number of times to the numerous people you are transferred to, especially when your conversations are ignored. Ofcom can Fine companies but they need to have a certain number of complaints before they can act, but people can't get through to the complaints department in order to complain, so it's catch 22.
I agree with you, most of these Companies are as bad as each other, that's how they get away with it, they rely on fraud (conning you into a service that they can't deliver), lies and incompetence. It just needs one Company to decide to break out of the mould and treat Customers with respect.
That's why I no longer bother with customer service and go straight to the M.D or Chief executive. The next stage is a consumer t.v. programme that we have over her in u.k. that are pretty good at giving these people the bad publicity they deserve as long as they have enough people contacting them about the same issue, but life shouldn't be such a constant war in which companies that supply us with goods and services are always out to treat us like dirt.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Neither can I! but then I'm in the uk. I'm pretty good at euro's though as we do so much trade with the eu - ha ha ha ha blooming ha.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
That's why I don't get contracts anymore and never will again. Just buy the phone outright and get a plan. So if the company I'm with pisses me off, all I have to do is say goodbye with no deactivation charges, lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Hi, I'm pretty sure that the people they employ are not accounts people, and aren't capable of checking anything, they just 'process'. I also think they're not the brightest of the bunch and talk off a script as they're incapable of initiative in any form. The mentality of passing queries from person to person with no-one taking ownership of anything that happens during the working day is astonishing, I don't know if they start off like that, or the job makes them like that, but I think the latter.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Having worked in that industry I can tell you your wrong and right at the same time. For the most part the people that answer the calls that come in (the first person you talk with) will have some training (entry level). That training depends on the company itself and how well they train. As for the person(s) that any calls get forwarded to (ie. accounts receivable, etc.) will have a higher level of training and will most likely be more senior (experienced) staff. As I said, this all depends on the training each individual company provides to it's employees.
I can tell you from experience I have been called down to the dirt by people for simply doing my job. Thank god those days are over. Now I just deal with a lot of id10t errors, lol.

For any IT people here, you know what I'm talking about, lol.

I wear many hats at my current job.

User Admin Support
Helpdesk Support
Network Support
Server Support
Exchange Support

Alot of damn hats, gggrrr, lol.
edit on 7-11-2012 by RedShirt73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RedShirt73

Hi, you're right of course, there must be many competent people who work for EE, it's just that I'm jinxed and never get to speak to them. I have never spoken to anyone in accounts, and the 'customer service' bod said that it was impossible even for her to phone them, she said that she had to e-mail, that's why she wanted us to scan the bank statement and e-mail it to her as an attachment in order for her to e-mail it to accounts, it never occurred to her to just type an e-mail the damned information that I had already given her. This is where I find it all so utterly, staggeringly, pathetic.
Customers are just disposable, when one leaves, another one who has become hacked off with another supplier will join. Perhaps if they spent less money on 'deals' and concentrated on retaining customers, life would be better for all concerned. I'm very old and remember when customer service mean't serving customers, not firefight, lie, treat them like retards and get them off the phone.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Gee, and to think I was considering switching to Tmobile in January at the end of my current contract.

Thanks for the information, ranting aside.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Druid42

Don't do it!
I can't remember the last time I lost my temper as much as I did with T Mobile today, and I have dealt with some pretty awful Companies. They are the pits. No matter how good a deal sounds, they won't deliver, they won't sort out their mistakes, apologise or give a crap.

top topics

join