It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Plea to the Republican Party!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhoKnows100
All of this back and forth arguing and not one of you realises that the differences are contrived to foment revolution...Clint Eastwood said it best in his "bumbling senile routine".....

I know what you are thinking 
all left wingers out there, left of Lenin-
(But) conservatives play closer to the vest 
but they are there, believe me, they are there 
These people are all like-minded

we are moving onwards 
the Russians 
a target date for bringing everybody home

We own this country.
It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it.

Politicians are employees of ours.

For those who still think the front & visible Republicans are Christian, you don't yet understand why a Christian would never proclaim "WE built this". Only builders do - in which case, their Freemason roots go unnoticed by you. Numerous Freemasons abound on this board declaring the "evils of fundamental Christianity" on a daily basis, and yet, tell you that they are "Christian". Trojan horses destroy from within - always.

For those of you decrying "social conservatism" in favour of your much loved liberal sinful lives, please try to understand the implications of the following:
"The best revolutionary is a youth devoid of morals" - Lenin

If you haven't copped on to why the media saturates our environment with sex and violence and hate at every opportunity, then uses its converts to support the government's stripping of Christ Jesus out of the government, laws and schools, then you'll never understand how and why and how the spirit of rebellion truly got seeded.

13“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

15“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Matthew 23:13-15

Instead, you just keep on arguing with each other never noticing the sublimal "revolution" meme. And one day, you'll kill each other never figuring out that this entire house of cards was created by the Synagogue of Satan.

Yes. It is all a game, and yes it is all for show. However, Clint Eastwood is definitely a part of that ruling cabal.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow
...the right will become more extreme and more solidified, and your ruse will fall on deaf ears.

You mean the right that is divided at least 3 ways (traditional republicans, tea party & Ron Paul libertarians). Those 3 factions struggled with infighting well before the election (their only common theme being "get rid of Obama") and, now that Obama won, it will only get worse from here. If the Republican party doesn't completely fracture, they will be fortunate. However, if the attitude exhibited by several on this thread is any indication of things to come, then right you speak of is not going to solidify. Oh no they won't. I foresee a 3-way splitting of their 48% slice of the American population. When that happens, good luck winning any election at all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sissel

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
reply to post by Sissel

My employers know that I am a Republican, they also know that I was going to vote for Johnson or Ron Paul. So I do not think I fall into the fables of Peter.

Nice analogy though.

Then why did you worry about the pamphlet?

Also, if you were going to vote for Johnson or Paul, you're not a Republican.

Interesting... I am a republican and I did not vote for Romney. I voted for Johnson... I guess I didn't read the rules clearly enough. I am proud that I voted for Johnson as well - the two party paradigm in this country needs to be changed - and very badly I might add.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Rubicant13

I was confused as well. I thought Paul, my first choice if on the ballot, was a Republican.

Goes to show what the some on the Right think of RP.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   
There's really no hope for the R's in the next few years because of the infighting that's been going on since the neocons took over and helped the dems win more seats since 2006. 2010 could have been the great redemption of the Republican party had they elected some moderate republicans who could have negotiated with the dems and reached some balanced deals. Instead we got obstruction which justified dems to get out and vote in 2012.

The untold story is the one happening in the states. Lots of legislatures have gone Republican and lots of dumb laws being passed (vagi-probes for women seeking abortions is just one of them). Instead of showing the people living in the states that yes they can govern well - they go down the religious rabbit hole and make the population miserable.

Long story short, they will keep moving to the right because they feel they need to be pure in order to be effective. So they will keep hating gays, immigrants, people who are in a bind and need welfare or other govt services, women who are just supposed to be used for reproduction. And it's quite ironic because lots of blacks and lots of latinos are actually very religious and very conservative and would fit into a diverse Republican party.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

If you continue to go down the same path, if you continue to alienate people with religious mantra, party rhetoric and outright propaganda, you will lose again. If you continue to push an agenda that favors the few at the expense of the many, you will lose again. If you continue to refuse to compromise and be open to ideologies other than your own, you will lose again. If you don’t learn to check your religion at the door, you will lose again. If you don’t take the time to learn the value of a diverse nation, you will lose again.

Well said, and I'm not even a republican. The party rhetoric is really alienating voters to even consider voting republican. The presidential choices are also too extreme and the candidates themselves are always lock step with the party platform or they cater to the fringe segment of the party.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Either the Republican Party is gonna have to go in the direction of Libertarianism...or it will become obsolete...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
edit on 7-11-2012 by TheJourney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   
1. House Republicans: You were voted in to stop Obama and his agenda....DO NOT FORGET THIS!
2. Diversity: People are individuals, not to be lumped into groups, don't fall into this trap.
3. Christian values will never go out of style:
4. There has never been a government program that has helped people long term. We need less government and more freedom. Government doesn't protect freedoms, it only erodes them.

Just a few quick pointers. Stick to the conservative basics and we will get back on track.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I'm fiscally conservative, but socially liberal.
I don't smoke pot, but people smoking pot don't bother me.
I'm not particularly fond of having a lot of religion thrown at me.
I'm not hep on governing anyone else's body but my own.
Some things about the Conservative Party have bothered me.
I would like to have a stronger Libertarian presence in modern politics.

I'm not hep on government control at all, from either party. It's almost as if today, you have to flip a coin to see which of the two party boys will do the least damage.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidguy

So only Christians have values?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Originally posted by solidguy

So only Christians have values?

There are only 2 types of values...Christian and non-Christian.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by solidguy

How about common sense? Does that qualify as a value?

I do not need a biblical education to learn that murder, among many other things, are not a good idea.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
The problem is that the right wingers are on the wrong side of history for nearly every single issue.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
At the end of every presidential election cycle the same bipartisan, we must come together to compromise, kumbaya nonsense is thrown about. I would never compromise my core values, to do so is to lose a part of who you are ... no thanks.
edit on 8-11-2012 by WillHal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

O-b-a-m-a does spell D-e-a-t-h to this country unless we can reverse the tide and roll back communism in spite of his disastrous agenda.
I say REVERSE the TIDE!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

If the Republicans in office don't stop their stonewalling they're going to end up giving lectures at colleges and sitting in front of the tube watching C-SPAN. They're gonna have to work together with those dumb Democrats or they're not going to get re-elected. The citizens of the U.S. are gonna be watching them closely to see if they care about the citizens of the U.S.or still eating those sour grapes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:35 AM
link   
The GOP is going to try the same formula in 2016 but instead of white, they're going with brown aka Marco Rubio.

Same policies, different color.

Good thing we have Rand Paul 2016. But its not the libertarian wing of the party that everyone should worry about. Rand Paul does have a good connection with the entire GOP electorate, let's hope they take the policies seriously and not just cheerlead for party loyalty.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Christian values will never go out of style:

okay...christian values...
I would assume that when one goes into a church, the sermons given on a weekly basis would give some indication as to which of those values christianity would deem of higher priority, wouldn't they??
I've spent alot of time in churches throughout my life, and I got to tell ya, birth control, gar marriage, and the other talking points of the conservative right didn't seem that high on the priority list back then.....maybe they are now, but I kind of doubt it...
salvation, forgiveness, love, charity....seemed to be a little higher up on that priority list....

and well,
our economy is crumbling...
our election process seems to be hacked...
our bridges are falling down...
our citizens can be rounded up and hauled away forever without trial or jury...
our airports are equipped with scanners that are giving us doses of radiation everytime we fly..oh, yes, we are all not guilty, till we are proven innocent...
heck, this year....AGAIN....like so many years in the past, our servicemen and women, the ones who are not only voting for their president, but the commander in chief have been robbed of their vote!!!

I could make a list the size of a book of things that need to be addressed, and well, you would find those "christian values" that the religious right are griping about in the final chapter!!!

those things that I would have on the first pages of my books, neither party actually felt like they were important enough to spend even a few seconds talking about. If I wanted to listen to any one talk about them, I had to go over to that other debate, ya know, the ones with the underdogs met...know as the thrid party candidates!!!

both parties need to take a hard look at themselves, before on of those third parties rises up and they find themselves going the way of the wigs!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Very Good assessment of the Republican Parties problems. The Republican Party that I remember was Fiscally Conservative and talked about how Family and Community were things that have allowed this Country to become Great.
Then came the Hijacking of the Republican Party by Extremists and Religious Fanatics. People want Government to stay out of their Bedrooms...out of their Beliefs...and out of their Health decisions.

SAD. Split Infinity

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join