It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Plea to the Republican Party!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123
Less and less people will adhere to those extreme, conservative values. Older people and conservative people will be gone, and younger and more liberal/progressive people will grow up.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill.

edit on 7-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by flexy123
Less and less people will adhere to those extreme, conservative values. Older people and conservative people will be gone, and younger and more liberal/progressive people will grow up.

“If you're not a liberal at twenty you have no heart, if you're not a conservative at forty you have no brain.”

Winston Churchill.

edit on 7-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

It was a different time. Not to mention a different country. Our conservatism and the Brits' conservatism are two very different things.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Statists completely at war with freedom loving individualists.

Says someone who disses a federal state yet defends each individual state. States are states no matter the size. You are a walking paradox and a statist yourself.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:40 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

I've been a registered Republican for 20 years, and I also voted for Gary Johnson.

It isn't that Romney wasn't conservative enough, it is that the word has lost its meaning. The posts I've seen on FB and heard around my office are that it was all about Demographics, but plenty of my black friends were saying how it was stupid to vote for a guy based solely on race. I have a lot of Independent, Conservative, and even Republican black friends that voted for Obama. Not because he was black, but because the Republican candidate didn't offer any real solutions, and all things being equal, might as well make the historic vote for the black guy and support your race. I have no problem with that decision making.

If the Republicans had put up a Paul, or a Johnson, or a Huntsman, or a Huckabee, then they would have gotten some of those black votes, because their candidate would have represented a significantly different perspective.

Romney was not going to pass any pro-life legislation, he was not going to repeal Obamacare, he was not going to reverse the Gay Marriage or Gays in the Military advances. He wasn't going to do anything except implement a watered down version of the Ryan economic plan. He didn't offer anything worth voting for. His entire platform was, "Not Obama."

This was not about Demographics, and this was not about him being a Mormon, it was about offering some real conviction, and real passion to a significantly different platform and point of view. Romney didn't offer that, so might as well vote for the black guy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Just realized my post made it sound like I supported those things. The religious right that currently steers the Republican party supported those things, but I do NOT, and I also do NOT consider them conservative values. I'm just making the point that Romney did not embody what the Republicans were looking for, and he was not steadfast or impassioned about anything. He was a lame suit.

I don't mind voting for someone I disagree with, as long as I believe they are resolute and decisive in their own beliefs. I'd rather have a strong leader make mistakes than to have a weak leader follow the poll numbers.
edit on 7-11-2012 by darkhorserider because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Thank you OP. I don't think anyone could have said it any more efficiently than you did. You summed it up in a nutshell. Thank you again!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by darkhorserider

Sadly Huntsman was the most qualified this year. Pushed out of the ring by the freak show. I will add to this if it weren't for the Republican Parties insanity right now the Libertarians would be doing far better right now. But they will be unable to peel off the more centrist Democrats as long as the Republicans continue to put up candidates that just simply can not be allowed to hold office i.e. Todd Akin.
edit on 7-11-2012 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by KeliOnyx

I agree completely, but I'm thinking this was a bad year for him anyway. I think he is the clear frontrunner for 2016, and the environment for a real recovery in all facets of American life will look better in 2016.

This election was a setup for failure. Whoever served the next 4 years was going to get tarred and feathered anyway, so I'm kind of glad Huntsman saved face. I've been saying all along that Romney was a concession and the Republican party was saving their best horses for the next race.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:10 PM
link   
All of this back and forth arguing and not one of you realises that the differences are contrived to foment revolution...Clint Eastwood said it best in his "bumbling senile routine".....

I know what you are thinking 
all left wingers out there, left of Lenin-
(But) conservatives play closer to the vest 
but they are there, believe me, they are there 
These people are all like-minded

we are moving onwards 
the Russians 
a target date for bringing everybody home

We own this country.
It is not you owning it, and not politicians owning it.

Politicians are employees of ours.

For those who still think the front & visible Republicans are Christian, you don't yet understand why a Christian would never proclaim "WE built this". Only builders do - in which case, their Freemason roots go unnoticed by you. Numerous Freemasons abound on this board declaring the "evils of fundamental Christianity" on a daily basis, and yet, tell you that they are "Christian". Trojan horses destroy from within - always.

For those of you decrying "social conservatism" in favour of your much loved liberal sinful lives, please try to understand the implications of the following:
"The best revolutionary is a youth devoid of morals" - Lenin

If you haven't copped on to why the media saturates our environment with sex and violence and hate at every opportunity, then uses its converts to support the government's stripping of Christ Jesus out of the government, laws and schools, then you'll never understand how and why and how the spirit of rebellion truly got seeded.

13“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You shut the kingdom of heaven in men’s faces. You yourselves do not enter, nor will you let those enter who are trying to.

15“Woe to you, teachers of the law and Pharisees, you hypocrites! You travel over land and sea to win a single convert, and when he becomes one, you make him twice as much a son of hell as you are. Matthew 23:13-15

Instead, you just keep on arguing with each other never noticing the sublimal "revolution" meme. And one day, you'll kill each other never figuring out that this entire house of cards was created by the Synagogue of Satan.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Let first say .. I am a peaceful person at heart..

However.. This country wont be fixed.. from the fixed game until blood is shed.
We need to take back D.C. by forcing the career politicians out. Amend the constitution to a max of 2-4years tops for all offices.. 4-8 for president.

Again .. against my better judgement .. I think blood will have to shed before this happens.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by WhoKnows100

in which case, their Freemason roots go unnoticed by you. Numerous Freemasons abound on this board declaring the "evils of fundamental Christianity" on a daily basis, and yet, tell you that they are "Christian". Trojan horses destroy from within - always.

Good God, really? So all Republicans are Freemasons, but they are not Christians. But at the same time Christians are destroying the Republican party?

I'm a registered Republican, Freemason, not a Christian (mostly Deist), and I voted for Obama in 2008 and Gary Johnson in 2016, and I sometimes pretend I am Hector from the Troy Movie, LOL! There is song on my workout iPod and everything!

BUT, if naming your boogieman as a Freemason makes you sleep better at night, then do what you will. Doesn't affect me one way or another, but it seems like wasted energy and misplaced efforts. Might be more effective to go after the tangible boogeymen instead of the imaginary ones.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Time to start many things.

Re-energize the Tea Party
Introduce Libertarian people into mainstream NOW
Start an anti-Lobby Lobby

I have my work cut out for me.

I'd start by liberating the Tea Party from corporate influence first, such as distancing it from the Koch brothers, although it would be easier to just start a new party without those cancerous connections.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

I'm afraid its quite a bit more complicated than just "going our own way", Darth.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I wish you true Republicans well.

Sheepslayer you have my endless admiration, it is a rare individual that can call BS among their own and in this instance, especially rare. When your Party didn't outright say wtf when their guys start talking crazy about rape, race, religion, and the female body... solidarity at the cost of sanity, logic, morality and science... you did and you took quite a tongue lashing for it.

I hope you never shut-up. I hope your voice begins to echo (I've already seen this among several of my go to sources) and saves your party from a swan dive off the right cliff.

I'm no longer a Democrat but it's clear that the Left is going to have to continue working through the Democrat Party... and to be perfectly honest politics and policy are best to remain Center... We Leftists (lol) need you guys to help keep us from swan diving off the left cliff. Pendulums are pretty awesome to watch, not so awesome to ride.

See you in the middle, hopefully

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

What a joke!! The Republican candidate split the popular vote with the incumbent. If our party has become polarized, that is a problem for Democrats because this more polarized Republican party had a better showing than it did four years ago. I must say, I find myself insulted by your remarks!! In fact, they have pushed me just a little more to the right- thanks!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

A balance between all ideologies is going to be the best option. Combinations of fiscal responsibility and social responsibility

We can't have everything we want, so we must compromise to keep us fair and avoid those wild "pendulum swings".

Thanks for the kind words by the way. I surely don't have all the right answers but it doesn't take much to see that something is wrong and I like to point out the obvious.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by onthedownlow

What a joke!! The Republican candidate split the popular vote with the incumbent. If our party has become polarized, that is a problem for Democrats because this more polarized Republican party had a better showing than it did four years ago. I must say, I find myself insulted by your remarks!! In fact, they have pushed me just a little more to the right- thanks!

That is your right to be insulted and move further towards the extreme you find suitable. Whatever you choose to do does not change the reality of my statements or the truth within it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
As long as the Republicans allow fascist Nazis to control the party, they won't win another main national election. People saw what they are really about when they controlled the entire government under Bush, and that's never going away.

What Bush did is going to haunt the Republicans forever, because it exposed the real agenda of the extreme hardcore right wing. So unless the "base" of the Republican party is expelled, they won't win another national presidential election - without outright stealing it.

Of course, they can't oust the base of the party, since the fascists make up about 1/4 to 1/3 of the entire GOP.

And to all the fascist black shirts and brown shirts that flood this site with their propaganda BS, and that will immediately start attacking me here for simply stating the truth, like the vicious and hateful scum that they are - no, I am not a Democrat, and no, I do not think Obama has been a good president.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Red Cloak because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by HappyBunny

If nothing else Obama winning is showing why I dislike his supporters. Rich old white men. Classism, ageism, racism, and sexism. You talk about minorities? lol. Which do you think is the smallest minority? From your previous words you imply you are not prejudice but with that statement alone you show your true colors. During this race I have heard more about removing the old white man then I have ever heard about about removing a minority before from society. Of course I am only 60 years old. I was not around when Hitler started on the Jews. Any similarities? Hitler started with blaming the Jews for all that was wrong with Germany. I keep hearing about how all the problems in this country were caused by old white men.
The Jews were rich and Hitler wanted their money. Humm, I see you mentioned rich above and I keep hearing about how Obama supporters want to redistribute the wealth, of the rich old white men. So that makes three similarities so far. Smallest minority, getting the blame, their money should be taken from them and passed out to everyone else. Just something to consider.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247

Originally posted by onthedownlow

That is your right to be insulted and move further towards the extreme you find suitable. Whatever you choose to do does not change the reality of my statements or the truth within it.

My point is that there is no validity to your statement. Let me say that two terms by George Walker Bush was a referendum on liberal ideology? If nothing else, Bush's presidency served to polarize the left, so how does the polarized left win the next two terms? We have witnessed the pendulum swing to the extreme left, especially with the most recent election, and my statement is merely a warning- the right will become more extreme and more solidified, and your ruse will fall on deaf ears.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join