It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians- Born and Caged Christians defend your faith or go to hell!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Why christians stay christians, here we go.

Most christians are baptised at an early age (obviously without their consent) and brought up in the way of the church. As they get older they have one of 3 beliefs either:

They do not want to question their faith because that would be unfaithful to God and would jeopardise their chances of getting into heaven.

They will not hear anything against God and censor those who say otherwise because it would be unfaithful to listen to them right?

Or like me there are those who have really thought about their faith and weighed up the benefits and evidence. God gave us the gift of critical thought so why not use it? This site is much to do with questioning authority so why not question divine authority?

Christians are unable to question the bible because that would be unfaithful they are therefore ENSLAVED. Being dropped in the water (literally) at an early age and believing that having second thoughts would stop them getting into eternal paradise has ENSLAVED them. I believe that this is why most Christians stay Christians.

Christians may call this having faith but it looks more like fear to me

I am not simply having a go at christianity here, You have my respect I am just opening the cage for you and you can decide whether you want to crawl back in or free your mind.

Just wondering if YOU agree....absoulutely any thoughts would be appreciated..thankyou

(Mod edit on title for Caps)

[edit on 20-10-2004 by asala]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Christians are unable to question the bible because that would be unfaithful they are therefore ENSLAVED. Being dropped in the water (literally) at an early age and believing that having second thoughts would stop them getting into eternal paradise has ENSLAVED them. I believe that this is why most Christians stay Christians.

I understand where you are going with this, but let me throw this out... What if its all just a lesson (instead of enslavement) to teach you (maybe in this life) to have or develope the ability to use undivided faith/love... just a thought.

If it were enslavement, we wouldnt have free will.
If it is a lesson, like all other lessons, you can choose to take what you like from it... Which coincedently, is what religion is right now.

See I was baptised, but I dont go to church, or really pray to a christian god, or hebrew or what ever. I just have faith in myself and the ones I love, which in turn is having faith in the creator, who ever that is. Funny how that works.

Now I guess that this does require you to belive in some higher power, but who now-a-days does not belive that there is a higher power of some sort?

[edit on 10/20/04 by HumptyDumpty]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Do you mean perhaps as some sort of divine test?
seperate the faithful from the unfaithful?
That is what i believe most christians DO see it this way

The way i see it is God gave me and you the power of critical thought and if he really does love us he will understand us and why we do the things we do he may even give you a cookie and pat on the head for trying to understand things a little better

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
It is seldom that i have seen so much drivel and stereotyping of anything on ATS. Honestly unless you can base something on a firm fact rather withdraw this thread. At best it belongs in the trash, I understand that English is obviously not your first language and maybe most of your points are getting lost in translation. I would suggest you read the thread on Christianity not being natural.

Namaste
Mynah

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Mynaeris.....

I was not stereotyping christians i was asking if this is the way things are

Dont try to censor me, I allow you to have your say so why cant i have mine??

This is a very much a debating site, if you disagree with my views then express your ideas in a constructive way, you cannot win an argument by silencing your opponent.

Are you perhaps a christian?

Respect to you but frankly i find your inconstructive criticism and censorship attempt on a site that strives to find the truth ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Let's make this simple:

List the questions briefly that you are asking members of ATS.

Your thread heading is totally offensive - imagine if you said "Democrats- Born and Caged DEMOCRATS DEFEND YOUR KERRY OR GO TO HELL!!!! Truly I am giving you the benefit of the doubt as English is obviously not your first language.

I am a Christian and a Buddhist and many other spiritual things.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
well i am a christian and i strongly disagree with you. Have you ever heard of born again christians? They aren't people who were necassarly born into christianity, they found christianity because God showed them the way through their life expierences. With me, i was baptised in the Roman Catholic church, went through 10 years of CCD

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumptyDumpty
If it were enslavement, we wouldnt have free will.
If it is a lesson, like all other lessons, you can choose to take what you like from it... Which coincedently, is what religion is right now.

What would you call a realtionship where one side says you will act and think JUST as I have told you
OR

I will torture you forever?

Is that a loving realtionship built upon freewill and love or more like a slave?

[edit on 20-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
God has said given us 2 differnt statements that we are to defend the faith we have by the following granted not word for word quotes but true in their content....

"blessed is he that read this book and keep it for he who hath and ear let him listen"

"blessed is he that stays true to the faith of God thru to the end for the shall be martyres for God and Christ Jesus and when the last martyre has died so shall the final angel utter these words "IT IS DONE" and it shal sound like the thunder rolling.....and he who as not repented shall be sealed with the mark of the beast and he who takes the mark of the east shall suffer judgement for every knee shall bow every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and they that are sealed and dont appear in the book of life shall suffer the second death the death of the sole and they shall be cast away from the presence of God"

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Mynearis......

In trying to provoke an argument i went for an in your face attitude and to attract those who would have strong belief in this subject.

by the way your personal attacks on my language was quite funny, i speak as i would if i was talking to you. il try harder just for you- sweetcakes

I gather that you disagree with me by the way, am i correct in this assumption?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:40 PM
link   
OOOOOPPPPPSSSS

forgot there is another ......"blessed is he that spread the word for it is the will of God that ye take the word to all the corners and peoples and tribes of the earth and he that have an ear let him hear the word of God"

[edit on 20/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
ryanp5555...

Your association with God sounds like an uncommon occurence to me at best, you were christian an atheist then a born again christain. you have obvioulsy found your faith and God through truly your own free will. i would like to hear more about why you went back to christianity.

thanks

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Amuk said it well

God layed down his laws and told us if we dont obey we will go to hell- where is the love??

Also Jesus said 'the meek shall inherit the Earth' - what does this sound like to you?? to me it sounds like 'lie down like the pissant you are and just take it you'l get what you deserve if you just shut the hell up'- where is the love??

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by JoeyC
ryanp5555...

Your association with God sounds like an uncommon occurence to me at best, you were christian an atheist then a born again christain. you have obvioulsy found your faith and God through truly your own free will. i would like to hear more about why you went back to christianity.

thanks

so as to be an honest Christain Ill ring in on this by saying 2 things about the stament and reply in this quote and no offense meant to the respondant for jumping on shirt tails to do so.

1 " God said this let all men be judged not by his deeds for deeds do not buy salvation"

2 "God also said and will say thru the two prophets who are to be an intricate part in salvation for thousands in the tribulation "I look into the heart and the mind and I search out all things to be judged and all deeds shall be judged wether good or bad"

so in that if your salvation /athiest/christain move shall be one of those deeds that will be judged by God so be sure you know where you stand now before its to late

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 05:00 PM
link   

"blessed is he that stays true to the faith of God thru to the end for the shall be martyres for God and Christ Jesus and when the last martyre has died so shall the final angel utter these words "IT IS DONE" and it shal sound like the thunder rolling.....and he who as not repented shall be sealed with the mark of the beast and he who takes the mark of the east shall suffer judgement for every knee shall bow every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord and they that are sealed and dont appear in the book of life shall suffer the second death the death of the sole and they shall be cast away from the presence of God"

drbryankkruta the bible says a lot of things that are not true, i wouldnt take it literally. for example in the bible it says that God will strike me down for opposing him

Look im still here!, either God is intimidated by me, or he was lying what do you think?

Dont just take the bible at face value apply your mind and engage your critical thought and ask yourself if you agree with it.

God told Joshua to Destroy the canannites- did you agree with this? i see a racist genocidal maniac here, not a God

God let homosexuals be executed- did you agree with this? I dont......think about it

The reason i am posting this thread is because i believe that the majority of christians will not even think about opposing God word because they fear eternal damnation. I am saying that their misplaced trust or belief if you will has enslaved them.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Okay, let me get emotional then. I love God and defend my faith. Long story short, I dared whatever existed beyond human-kind (God, Zeus, Satan, whatever) to show itself and I would believe. I got my answer but not as expected. The Devil said if all you need is to see in order to believe, then here I am! After seeking salvation from this hell chasing me, that's when I bumped (figuratively) into God.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
I noticed no one has answered my question about the nature of the relationship. Is it not the very deffination of slavery?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
I noticed no one has answered my question about the nature of the relationship. Is it not the very deffination of slavery?

NO slavery implies no choice ....Faith and Love for God is a choice the only prochoice topic I indorse freely by the way.

PS I am sorry had to leave computer for a bit or I would have pulled your chain earlier.

[edit on 20/10/2004 by drbryankkruta]

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

NO slavery implies no choice ....Faith and Love for God is a choice the only prochoice topic I indorse freely by the way.

So if I tell you I am gonna pour gas on you and burn you alive if you dont do as I say forever its OK because you had a choice?

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk

Originally posted by drbryankkruta

So if I tell you I am gonna pour gas on you and burn you alive if you dont do as I say forever its OK because you had a choice?

Yes I guess it would although you ironically have shown a sad reality in the concept it is still my choice and same choice is going to be given to you by the Anti-Christ as well so either choice you make is dangerous but only one effects your immortal sole the other only harms you body and God can blink and instantly fix that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join