It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No on Prop. 37: Voters Reject Proposition 37 (CA GMO Labeling)

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Votes are electronically controlled...they can easily be manipulated, especially when corporate giants like Monsanto (and those dozens of others) are involved. All it takes is the right amount of money in the right pocket to make history anyway you want it.

Initially, the polls for prop 37 were overwhelmingly in favor of it. But on the day of voting the majority of people were against it? And just by a few hundred thousand huh? Right....

Californians really aren't a majority of sheeple or idiots. I wouldn't think millions of people wouldn't want to know what they're eating or feeding their children and would even inconvenience themselves to go vote against it. Just read all the comments on that Yahoo link in the OP. Most Californians I talk to, and people across the US, know GMO labeling was the right choice. I found that only pseudo-intellectuals vote against it because they're yuppies that want to be part of the system.

What happened to the US being all about freedom of choice?

As a consumer I should have the right to know exactly what I'm buying. Yes repackaging would have been costly to companies in the short term, but I think it would have been the right thing to do and I'm very disappointed that this didn't pass.

Completely rigged.

Democracy is a lie in this country, that's the problem.
edit on 9-11-2012 by MasonicFantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
this is a case of big money ads winning, pure and simple, they were all over california tv's, scaring everyone with higher foodcosts.....

<< 1  2   >>

join