Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Which planet have you been visiting?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I was just about to start a thread about the coming layoffs and the small businesses that will have no choice but to downsize or close shop completely, but your thread speaks volumes because it comes from a real life, first hand experience.
Get ready for a welfare state on steroids.

If you believe this poster and two if he interpreted what he/she was told/heard correctly for one.

Please just because it's on the internet doesn't make it real.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   
so what is the % that taxes are going to rise..i want to know what is causing businesses to lay hordes people off

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Ummm. Higher taxes. Higher costs with a diving dollar. Obamacare makes having employees a liability. Anyone who wants their business to survive will have to layoff employees.

Its called overhead. And uncontrollable costs mean that employers have to make up for it with controllable ones. If they can survive without an employee, they have no choice but to fire that employee.
All that happens is that more poor people are created.

Get ready for a really rough four years and more. Hope all those "social issue" voters are happy being socially conscious in the bread line.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
A previous coworker of mine (engineering contractor) text me today with news that 45 were laid off there today. Thats out of aprox 400 locally... Over 10% !!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
My company is eliminating the third shift...the whole third shift.

Columbus-based engine manufacturer Cummins plans to reduce its workforce by between 1,000 and 1,500 people by the end of this year. It is not clear yet where the cutbacks will be made.

Chairman and CEO Tom Linebarger refers to uncertainty about the the global economy, prompting customers to delay capital expenditures and lower the demand for Cummins products.

With that, the company is lowering its revenue outlook by a $1 billion to $17 billion. Cummins will also be taking other steps to reduce costs including work week reductions and shutdowns at some of its manufacturing facilities.

Linebarger says these actions will allow Cummins to meet customer needs, maintain strong financial performance and capitalize on future growth opportunities.

Another one...
Source

One company certainly didn't hesitate to wait. ING Corporation announced 350 layoffs just 10 minutes after Mitt Romney gave his concession speech. Of course, some people might say that they did that because no one would have noticed the news because everyone would be watching news about the election. Or, perhaps they did wish to make a statement giving a no-confidence vote to four more years of Barack Obama as president. Either way, they won't be the only corporation shedding jobs, and realizing that there's a good chance we will slip back into recession now.

edit on 7-11-2012 by kawika because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Was informed today that our insurance would be

going up 40% on 1/1.

edit on 7-11-2012 by Kituwa because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Originally posted by Alxandro
I was just about to start a thread about the coming layoffs and the small businesses that will have no choice but to downsize or close shop completely, but your thread speaks volumes because it comes from a real life, first hand experience.
Get ready for a welfare state on steroids.

If you believe this poster and two if he interpreted what he/she was told/heard correctly for one.

Please just because it's on the internet doesn't make it real.

I hate to say that I have heard it directly from people who are currently employed. Some are being told they can remain with the company but just part time.

Not saying it has anything to do with the election.

Just hard times for companies not knowing where the economy is headed.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   
I'm sort of confused as to how businesses that have been expanding and adding jobs during the last four years of Obama suddenly have to do massive layoffs when they're going to get more of the same.

As for the fiscal cliff, etc., causing it, that is a product of both Democrats and Republicans being unable to get over the party line thing and compromise.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
People would still be laid off if Romney won.

It is the 4th quarter and annual profits are more important than people.

Write-off assets to make a profit and save on taxes.

People will blame Obama for anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:58 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

i also work for big company. we just found out they are selling off company. i wrk for advanceauto parts. im a manager there. some financial blackstone or black something bought it up and is hindering near 10,000 layoffs soon. #s getting wrse. we were bout to hire more people and get a store revamp.....nope not anymore. put it this way. we are screwed. obama, is taking millions of jobs away, millions of dollars in donations from private corporations n bankers like jp morgan, and yet, idiots voted for him. should have new bumper stickers " out of a job yet? keep voting liberal scum". all because some people want gay rights. let me put it this way, we fit like legos men and women ,we were designed by God to procreate and spread. Two sticks hitting each other doesnt work. turn to God and be righteous.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

If you own any business you know that each employee must earn their pay, and must earn more to pay the taxes and insurance. They also must return a certain amount of profit to you so you can be paid also. if a workforce is busy and profitable the company grows, when there is less demand employees must be removed from the payroll if they are not profitable.Then those that remain can be profitable.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

Please, lets deny ignorance, this is one of those posts dreamed up by someone whose candidate did not get elected, seriously to post something like this with no proof is the definition of ignorance.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
I'm sort of confused as to how businesses that have been expanding and adding jobs during the last four years of Obama suddenly have to do massive layoffs when they're going to get more of the same.

As for the fiscal cliff, etc., causing it, that is a product of both Democrats and Republicans being unable to get over the party line thing and compromise.

i am thinking it has to do with the "bush tax cuts" expiring soon..i believe that is the tax increase?..someone more informed can correct me if im wrong

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:29 PM
link   
How 'bout this.

With all the emphasis being paced on fairness, if any layoff are sure to happen in your workplace, I think the first ones that should be let go are the ones that voted for Obama.

They voted for him, they should be willing to do their fair share.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
People are being let go because a community organizer is in the white house for another 4 years. There fed up with just bearly holding on by a thread and are now letting go. Selling shop, down sizing, closing doors, getting unemployment and there new Obama phones.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My wife works for a local, nationally known big 12 college. Someone there has a spouse that works for a local truck dealership. They had a fleet order for trucks from an energy company. Today that energy company cancelled their order for the fleet.

Thsi is just the start. 2013 is going to be very rough. Unless you're selling guns and ammo that is.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   
And I was just informed today that our railroad will begin hiring again after the first of the year. What does Warren know that your bosses don't? Or is it that Mr. Buffet is more interested in making money than whining about an election? Are you going to bet against him? Let's compare track records.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by vonclod

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

i am thinking it has to do with the "bush tax cuts" expiring soon..i believe that is the tax increase?..someone more informed can correct me if im wrong

That's correct, so EVERYONEs taxes are going up plus social security taxs goes up another percent. Long story short, I'm middle class and we will see $400 less a month taken away by the extra taxes

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Montana
And I was just informed today that our railroad will begin hiring again after the first of the year. What does Warren know that your bosses don't? Or is it that Mr. Buffet is more interested in making money than whining about an election? Are you going to bet against him? Let's compare track records.

Mr buffet owns the rail line by the keystone pipe line. Without the pipe line the oil now has to be shipped by rail cars. Nice to have friends in high places to close pipe lines so they have to be shipped on your rail cars. Makes you go hummmm

new topics
top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join