It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Boeing Announces Big Layoffs in Defense Division www.cnbc.com...

ING Layoffs In State Are Unrelated To Massive Staff Reduction In Europe www.courant.com...

Caterpillar’s Layoffs Parallel A Falling Monthly Copper Price Index agmetalminer.com...

More Layoffs May Be In Store for Alcatel-Lucent www.fool.com...

Boeing Telegraphs Layoffs in Defense, Space & Security Unit 247wallst.com...

Umatilla Chemical Depot plans layoffs this month, in 2013 www.tri-cityherald.com...=cpy

Hawker Beechcraft to close plants in Arkansas, Texas, Arizona, cut more jobs www.therepublic.com...—Hawker-Beechcraft-Layoffs

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by workinrampage
reply to post by MsAphrodite

They made it just fine before the Bush tax cuts. The deficit went downhill when bush came in. Take a look around the world. France has free government healthcare and is rated the greatest country to live on earth. Let the tax cuts drop. I never got a tax cut! I'm a middle class tax payer who says ill pay taxes for the wellness of my fellow Americans. Getting sick of these rich people complaining. Also i can pay more for my social security if it means it will still be there.

Obamacare isn't free health care. It is mandatory purchase of inflated health care. It is NOT what France has.

You can pay every dime into social security.
It will not be there when you need it because they are going to be paying out many many times the amount that that they could take even if they took your entire paycheck.

The math doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by WanDash

Uhhh - and, which problem is that? Is it the problem?

Yes, that is the problem. Companies purposely stagnating economic recovery based solely on political misgivings.

And this will solve the problem...?

Indeed it will, boycotting companies who cowardly lay off people based on speculation of tax hikes instead of trying to do more business to be able to absorb the brunt of any tax hikes that may occur will solve the problem. This will give more business to companies who are expanding their business and forwarding economic recovery. The companies who are too scared to do business will fail, and those businesses who aren't will gain from those cowardly companies closing.

Yeah - and...WHO is going to be doing this "tracking"? You? For no pay? Probably government funded - right?

Consumers will. And they will accomplish this through their wallet.

Hijacking the political process... Hmmm - at least half of the country voted other than Obama...but...because your candidate won, no-one-else should have a say...if they disapprove.
Only those that side with your choice...should have a say.
You paint with a very broad brush.

This has absolutely nothing to do with anything it's just someone pouting that their ideology lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by HauntWok

I don't have any cookies, but I can give you a star.

These companies are holding the US economy hostage with their bitter, partisan tactics.

How about the men and women at the helm of these companies that "they worked so hard to build" grow some balls, and stop acting like little kids.

This won't hurt the shareholders, owners, CEO's/CFO's ... Nope, it'll hurt the American worker who is being used as a pawn.

This type of behavior is childish, selfish, partisan, bitter, and part of why America is going down the drain these days.

Employees used to be valued by employers. Now they're just cannon fodder.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Aren't those Government defense contractors? Who says the Gov doesn't create jobs?! They build bombs and weaponry and radar arrays and you pay for them with your tax dollars....

Yeah...that's "free markets"...the freely take our money to pay for overpriced crap.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   
Without the layoffs, those companies would still be making billions of dollars....
with the layoffs, the companies are making billions of dollars plus a few million dollars....

Let's blame Obama....not the greedy bastards.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
reply to post by ararisq

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

You sound just as stupid as the idiots in Greece protesting wage and benefit decreases from their government jobs when the government is broke as hell.

Money does not grow on trees and no amount of bitching and complaining will make it so. There are consequences to obamacare no matter how much you want deny it.

Go protest and boycott till you turn blue, it won't change anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
This thread reads like a lot of you are cheering on a self fulfilling prophecy just because
your guy lost.

It is time to pick yourselves up and put on a happy face, then the markets can regain some confidence,
because 150 million of you righties are a real drag on any sort of positive outcome.

Imagine if everyone at a business said, "our business sucks balls, we are doomed!" everyday???

Well, that is you guys... You spent this last year denying POSITIVE economic indicators in hopes that
you could oust Obama with negativity.Well that didn't work, time to stop with the woe is me.
edit on 7-11-2012 by romney because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
This has absolutely nothing to do with anything it's just someone pouting that their ideology lost.

Wouldn't bother to do a tidbit of research before laying accusations...?
Guess you don't need facts to make an argument...
...do you?

On the other hand... Now that I've had more time to think about it -- Believe what you want about me.
Let's just say "my ideology lost" last night...
Good luck with your aspirations at enforcing your victory.

edit on 11/7/2012 by WanDash because: Conciliation...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

republicans control oil.

punitive gas prices and the republican party wonders why their guy lost.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

You are correct in that the American worker IS being used as a pawn. By the Democratic party for political gain. Since Obama has been President he has not submitted a budget his own party would pass. Instead he has stirred up warfare based on class, age, sex, and race. He has sold the lowest paid American worker that they are entitled to things they did not work for at the expense of those that have. Birth control pills paid for by the American taxpayer for women? Who pays for my condoms? lol. Oh I am not a woman therefore I am not worthy. 40% of my paycheck I never get to see and the IRS says I owe them my pension to pay for what? Steaks for people on food stamps, income tax refund checks for those who do not pay taxes? In this country at 18 you are supposed to be an adult so why should a business be forced to pay for insurance for people's kids until they turn 25? Just out of curiousity who is your mentor? Jesse Jackson or Al Sharpton? Just like Obama neither one could hold a job in the private sector in their lives, they have always lived off the government tit.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Money is the only motivator any more.

Bravery, loyalty, duty, honor, country, humanity, accountability, morality, fairness...... these don't mean squat because progressive America doesn't want them to mean anything. It's all down to the bottom line now just like the New America wanted it..

After a 3 1/2 year campaign in which every non blue American has been labeled racist, homophobe, extremist and more, your side wants to know why businesses aren't going to dig deep and lose big?

Your president added a 6 trillion dollar deficit in four years BEFORE obamacare had even taken effect and you actually call business owners cowards for not throwing more money into this insane black hole of an economy?

Companies will not intentionally destroy themselves so that a corrupt government can have better job figures.

You won the election. Don't you realize what message that sends? The PEOPLE have spoken and they have said "WE WANT IT ALL."

Nobody in their right mind will voluntarily empower that message with their financial assets.

Businesses will not voluntarily saddle themselves with unsupportable debt and unsustainable expenses in the form of Obama care employees unless absolutely necessary.

At this point, the prospect of future employees is poison to most small and even medium sized businesses. Most of the large businesses are already outsourced to other countries and yourbama did nothing about this for four years. He hasn't even passed a yearly budget! IN FOUR YEARS! But you want businesses to load up on extra employees and support this exercise in fiscal stupidity?

What planet are you people from?

You want to be mad? Go after GE or Mc Donalds, or a list of dozens of other large companies and unions that aren't hiring but have outsourced everything they possibly can and got special dispensation on insurance.

Oh, that's right.

They supported Obama and they are EXEMPT from Obama care.

Then why aren't they hiring everyone they can get?

Curious.

edit on 7-11-2012 by badgerprints because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Same at my company.

Boss was out in the parking lot noting down which cars had Obummer stickers on em...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by romney
This thread reads like a lot of you are cheering on a self fulfilling prophecy just because
your guy lost.

It is time to pick yourselves up and put on a happy face, then the markets can regain some confidence,
because 150 million of you righties are a real drag on any sort of positive outcome.

Imagine if everyone at a business said, "our business sucks balls, we are doomed!" everyday???

Well, that is you guys... You spent this last year denying POSITIVE economic indicators in hopes that
you could oust Obama with negativity.Well that didn't work, time to stop with the woe is me.
edit on 7-11-2012 by romney because: (no reason given)

When you see a situation which you know will cause a collapse, the general tendency is to try to get out from under it before it falls.

Yes, your bailing out may cause the collapse to happen faster. But you know it will happen no mater what you do. You know you will save no one in the long run by staying in and getting yourself crushed. So self preservation kicks in, and you get out while the getting is good.

It’s called common sense. Something that seems in short supply in this country right now.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by kawika
reply to post by ararisq

Same at my company.

Boss was out in the parking lot noting down which cars had Obummer stickers on em...

I wouldn't support that.
I am thinking it would be better to boycott blue state goods and services though.
Anything you can't get in a red state can probably be bought from China.
Guess we'll need a list of blue state companies to not buy from.
I'm going to miss my Duluth Trading Company jeans.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
reply to post by badgerprints

I have a made in USA page

Made in USA page here

I think there is a link to jeans there...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by proximo

Yeah! Let's all support #y companies. Let's all shop at Walmart and buy iPhones as keep America going downhill. Let's all have our politicians keep voting themselves raises while small businesses suffer. Let's let those teachers in Chicago who already make more than most teachers in America make even more for working 6 months of the year......we are all apart of the problem and that is a good reason why Greece is #ed. I'm not sure were I said anything about obamacare, so I guess your idiot statement is ironic..

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420
Even a continued 1% reduction in deficit can provide the confidence boost required to get things going.

Now, that won't fix the problem, but it can start a chain effect that can mitigate damages until a fix can be implemented.

So, if, in January, Obama and Congress sit down and put together a budget with a smaller deficit than last year, the future may brighten substantially. Problem is I just don't see Congress and Obama playing nice.

I understand confidence is important but unless your growth exceeds the rate of inflation (money printing) then it doesn't matter what your growth is. It could be 4% but if the rate of money growth is 6% we're still in the red (its just a hidden red that explodes in to war one fine day).

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
I'll be honest. I could be talking out of my butt here, but this seems stupid.

Why would a company start firing people the day after an election because of "what is coming"? Why can't they keep people employed until the actual changes take effect and wait to see how it is directly affecting their business? Not a projection of what MIGHT happen, but waiting to see what ACTUALLY happens when it does happen.

I don't own a business so maybe I'm wrong. It just seems like businesses aren't using common sense.

Budgets for the following year are usually set at the start of the 4th quarter in the preceding year. That is the reason. The layoffs won't go in to effect until end of year at least in our case.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by ararisq

A company that cuts 75% of its staff was headed for bankruptcy anyway. No matter.

75% of the staff in a department - there is a big difference. I explained it all in the thread. Read again.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join