page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec

I agree with this guy:

reply to post by Ninjamikec

because the CEO's have to make 9 million a yr while obama is president and not 15 million if romney was president

Corrected

That seems to be the big point that the left keeps pushing while they fail to realize that 70% of the work force is small business. You know like the guy who owns a Quiznos, or a company that employs 50 workers... Ya they are just rolling in the millions.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

Well I hope you NEVER fly then.....

Employment is not a set in stone number. A company needs more worker when business is good and growing, but what does a company do when they lose 50% of their business? What does a company do if they only have work for 50 people, but there is 100 people on the pay roll?

Scare tactics after Obama won doesn't mean much does it? lol

Did you read and understand what the OP was posting? Or just trolling? Cause your statement doesn't make any sense. But good for you to support a business that would lay off quality people by the way they vote. A business owner has the right to run his business however he wants but to threaten layoffs is a federal crime.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
reply to post by Xtrozero

Why must he work for the government? I just posted that I am in retail and high dollar retail at that and business is improving and has shown steady improvement since the crash in 2008 when things got really bad for me. People spending is a good indication of an improving economy.

If you see the little face with a tongue that means I'm joking... Joking as in it would be funny when someone who works for the Government and after Obama wins says we (the government) are growing quite nicely .

edit on 7-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by texasgirl

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I recall in another thread that Lockheed Martin was delaying layoffs until after the election on the Obama administrations requests.

I certainly hope this does not reach a substantial magnitude.

4 more years is a long time and day 1 is already looking questionable.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Oh, please say this isn't so. My brother was laid off for over 3 years and I've been helping him out for the last 2. He got a job with Lockheed as a contract worker. Aren't the new ones to first ones to go?

Lockheed and others are required to notify employees of potential layoffs something like 90 days in advance.

The potential layoffs have to do with the Fiscal Cliff...you know the deal hammered out by John Boehner (GOP Leader of the house) after he tried to take the debt ceiling hostage and got us the downgrade? The fiscal cliff deal where John Boehner bragged on CBS news...
"John Boehner: “We got 98% of what we wanted.”
www.redstate.com...

To bottom line it for your brother...that deal has defense cuts that would effect contractors...BUT it would not trickle out to defense contractors until mid next year and that is only IF we go over the fiscal cliff, which isn't going to happen....and the fiscal cliff is just another name for the deal that the GOP bragged about when the temporarily raised the debt ceiling after holding the country hostage Christmas 11 and earned us a downgrade.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61560
See I thought the riots were if Obama won. What do I know. I live in a different world. The real one.

Well Obama won and....drum roll please.... no riots.....lol Which world is it you live in?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I agree with this guy:

reply to post by Ninjamikec

because the CEO's have to make 9 million a yr while obama is president and not 15 million if romney was president

Corrected

That seems to be the big point that the left keeps pushing while they fail to realize that 70% of the work force is small business. You know like the guy who owns a Quiznos, or a company that employs 50 workers... Ya they are just rolling in the millions.

Last time I checked a CEO of a company is not a franchise owner. Nor did I see any franchise owner get a bailout then gave himself a fat bonus. Try again?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Did you read and understand what the OP was posting? Or just trolling? Cause your statement doesn't make any sense. But good for you to support a business that would lay off quality people by the way they vote. A business owner has the right to run his business however he wants but to threaten layoffs is a federal crime.

Obama won, so what would their scare tactics be focused on? I don't think ANY company would lay off their work force if they were doing well, do you really think a company would commit suicide just because they don't like who won...LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Indigo5

That's the biggest reason I think this post is just sour grapes and BS... trucking companies are always hiring, go to Craigslist or the classifieds, you'll see more ads for hiring drivers than anything else. Companies are paying $2,500 signing bonuses for new drivers. Especially with the holidays coming up, no trucking company out there is laying off drivers. The two biggest trucking companies will actually PAY you to go to school, so long as you come drive for them for 2 years afterwards.

It's a right wing, Aynn Rand creative writing theme. The "Job Creators" will go away if they disapprove of the choices of the common man. And then we see these silly stories...and lord they are stories...of how someone heard so and so's boss said they were going to lay people off because the candidate they wanted didn't get elected! That's right...in this fictional land...P&L and finance mean nothing...and then when you ask them to explain the logic...it gets crazy fast. Businesses (Both owned by Dems and Repubs) do not make decisions based on idealogical nonsense or fox news...or at least they don't survive a week if they do. That is real life.

Isn't that the thing? they always promise to go away, yet they never really do! I wish they would!
My favourite example is Zurich, Switzerland. They instituted a millionaires tax, and of course it was predicted that every millionaire would just leave, like, right now!
Zurich-Zug (Zug is the place where every multinational in the world operates a post box, because of low taxes) is a 30 minutes drive (24 minutes train ride, because swiss trains are awesome)
And guess what happened: Millionaires don't make a 30 minute move because of higher taxes!
Some bequeated stuff earlier, to get below the threshhold, but all in all revenue for zurich rose.
Oh: and both Zug and Zurich are on the shores of a lake, so it wasn't the beach front property either.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

I work at a logistics company and fuel is our lifeblood. I'm seeing layoffs in my future as well.

For those that do not get it...

When the cost of transporting food, commodities or what have you, goes up...so does everything else.

Everybody had best tighten their belts...again.

Tdawg

mate, take it from someone whos from europe: you have no idea whats really to "tighten belts". especially when you talk about gas...
- I'm not saying you guys dont have it rough, I'm just saying be glad you have Obama and yer not under Merkel.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Neither myself nor my friends are seeing any negative job impact. Then again, a lot of us work in tech related industries. We're thriving.

People who do not adapt and companies who do not adapt to new technologies cannot ask for the country or the president to answer for its failings. Once upon a time, companies who manufactured wagons and all their employees...had to give way to the automobile industry.

People who try to blame the President for this economy are uninformed and ignorant and do not understand global markets, stock manipulation, the tax code, commodities and the federal reserve. Go ask the right-wing to show you ACTUAL proof that trickle down economics works. It doesn't exist. Mitt Romney was a joke and Karl Rove is a clown.

P.S - Here, gas prices have steadily dropped for weeks now. I call BS on people's claims about gas going up.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Unidentified_Objective because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Last time I checked a CEO of a company is not a franchise owner. Nor did I see any franchise owner get a bailout then gave himself a fat bonus. Try again?

That is my point...you guys want to focus on punishing CEOs when it is small business that are hurting.

Don't worry Obama can't figure that out either.

From the OP posts...

I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I don't see some fat cat CEO in play here do you?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
reply to post by jtma508

You assume that businesses will plan to stay the same size and do the same amount of business. People who run successful businesses are not stupid. They will do a cost benefit analysis of their time and resources. If downsizing will net them the same and make life easier, they will make less money and enjoy life more.

That results in lost jobs.

Why work to fund other people?

It is already happening. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

Their competitors will just increase production and hire the employees they layed off. Nothing has changed. These layoffs would have happened if Romney was elected as well. Hope the guys doing this as a political stunt get it where they deserve.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Indigo5

Legally you are correct that contractors are required to inform their workers of layoffs. However the Feds under Obama has requested the contractors to break the law and that if they are sued the Feds will pay for fines and costs for breaking the law. You can Google it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jerk_Idiot
reply to post by Indigo5

Legally you are correct that contractors are required to inform their workers of layoffs. However the Feds under Obama has requested the contractors to break the law and that if they are sued the Feds will pay for fines and costs for breaking the law. You can Google it.

Nope. Never happened
Some defense contractors wanted to jump the gun (hoping for romney additional budged billions? Nah....)
They announced that they were considering sending out warnings (Anything more would have spelt trouble)
But sequester budget fears never came close to requiereing sending out warnings. (Google it)
edit on 7-11-2012 by narwahl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
the only bright lining from this

1) highly skilled people available on the cheap

2) businesses will be going under this is the time to prep to buy

I have always believed, most if not all companies are badly managed when it comes to personnel

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
From a local company..."aggressive attrition will not cut it". That's lay-offs. Anyone who wants to call BS on this can delude themselves all they want, but it's coming. And for those of you who are so friggin stupid as to think companies should run without making a profit - you're the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Over 4000 new EPA regulations alone will go into effect in January.

Tax increases in January.

Obamacare being implemented as we speak.

But you get your "free" stuff.

That's what cracks me up...in a sad way.

Without a tax revenue. Because when businesses fail...POOF!, there goes a lot of tax revenue.

OMG! Why am I not getting my free stuff!

So many folks just don't get it.
edit on 7-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

That's the problem.
Economics is not politics.
The bottom line doesn't give a damn how you vote or what you feel about the President.
The bottom line is based on expenditures versus income.
Expenditures will increase.
Income will decrease.
GDP will drop.
Taxes will increase.
Revenue from taxes still drop.
No recovery.

Unemployment numbers come out when?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

They made it just fine before the Bush tax cuts. The deficit went downhill when bush came in. Take a look around the world. France has free government healthcare and is rated the greatest country to live on earth. Let the tax cuts drop. I never got a tax cut! I'm a middle class tax payer who says ill pay taxes for the wellness of my fellow Americans. Getting sick of these rich people complaining. Also i can pay more for my social security if it means it will still be there.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Am I to understand those in favor of more taxes have no problem paying more...

I propose we start with everyone who agrees with the tax increases be the first ones to have to pay an addition 30% whenever they shop. Each paycheck we deduct an additional 30%... and every year at tax time we add an additional 30% tax...

Then if it is not enough, we raise the amount on those that agree to more taxes to 50%

your idea... all those who vote against it do not pay the additional tax

If it is ok for business it is okay for you....

Business will do what it projects as necessary to keep cost low .. taxes are projected to rise, they are adjusting ahead of time to prepare for the new cost and regulation enforcement

more layoffs coming...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by narwahl

thehill.com...
townhall.com...

Plenty more where these came from. If I could find them why couldn't you?

new topics
top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join