It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

Well I hope you NEVER fly then..... ALL airlines layoff every year...

Employment is not a set in stone number. A company needs more worker when business is good and growing, but what does a company do when they lose 50% of their business? What does a company do if they only have work for 50 people, but there is 100 people on the pay roll?

Scare tactics after Obama won doesn't mean much does it? lol

edit on 7-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

Sour grapes for what? It's not like I am a romney supporter. Think whatever you want I guess.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Four more years of the same? Obama's anti-business promises might be fulfilled now, what may also be the reaction to Obama's economic illiteracy.... Seem companies were holding their breath waiting....My company that was going to hire about 20% more workers are basically in a hiring freeze until further notice., and I'm talking a company in a true blue love Obama state, so it isn't some kind of anti-Obama reaction.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

A company that cuts 75% of its staff was headed for bankruptcy anyway. No matter.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

It is going to be hard for everybody here on out, be the best at what you do and do whatever it takes to stay as long as you can. Good luck to you and your family.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

Scare tactics is not the right word. BS is. This guy is so full of it his eyes should be brown. No company is looking to layoff 75% of its staff. That is suicide to a company. They dont function with that kind of cut back. They cant. They die.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Let's see... so a company is doing a certain amount of business. Let's say $10MM. They have a payroll of $2MM.

So what do they do when they are now doing $7MM and projections are $5MM or lower? The company I work for is a little bigger with $440m gross projected this year and $320m gross for the next year... I don't see them having the same workforce next year do you?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

See ? 5% Much more resonable if layoffs have to occur. We only suffer a little with more work load but not an impossible work load like doing the work of 10 when you're only one.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
Gee. Well I must be stupid then. As must my employer. They just keep expanding and hiring quarter-on-quarter. I don't know how we're managing to stay in business. Our CFO must be a fool.

You must work for the Government...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Gas is down here. Yesterday I saw 3.14 a gallon. Its been up to 3.59 a gallon in the recent past.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blackmarketeer
reply to post by Indigo5

That's the biggest reason I think this post is just sour grapes and BS... trucking companies are always hiring, go to Craigslist or the classifieds, you'll see more ads for hiring drivers than anything else. Companies are paying $2,500 signing bonuses for new drivers. Especially with the holidays coming up, no trucking company out there is laying off drivers. The two biggest trucking companies will actually PAY you to go to school, so long as you come drive for them for 2 years afterwards.

It's a right wing, Aynn Rand creative writing theme. The "Job Creators" will go away if they disapprove of the choices of the common man. And then we see these silly stories...and lord they are stories...of how someone heard so and so's boss said they were going to lay people off because the candidate they wanted didn't get elected! That's right...in this fictional land...P&L and finance mean nothing...and then when you ask them to explain the logic...it gets crazy fast. Businesses (Both owned by Dems and Repubs) do not make decisions based on idealogical nonsense or fox news...or at least they don't survive a week if they do. That is real life.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
I recall in another thread that Lockheed Martin was delaying layoffs until after the election on the Obama administrations requests.

I certainly hope this does not reach a substantial magnitude.

4 more years is a long time and day 1 is already looking questionable.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

Oh, please say this isn't so. My brother was laid off for over 3 years and I've been helping him out for the last 2. He got a job with Lockheed as a contract worker. Aren't the new ones to first ones to go?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Oh I like that. Bovine plop. Nice way to say BS which I call on this guy too. He must think we just fell off the turnip truck.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Yeah if you believe it. I guess you do.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

No, I disagree, Republicans handle defeat a lot better than Democrats ever will.
This is because we know we can't always get what we want and don't cry an whine about it when we don't.
We were hoping for the best outcome, but now we'll have to prepare for the worst.
I suggest you do the same.

Well on a good note... We prevented all the riots planned if Romney won....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by peck420

Originally posted by Indigo5
Which has remained unchanged since 1994...explain to me again how President Obama's re-election caused gas prices to rise?

Um...seriously?

I don't have time to give you a complete lesson on the economics of it, but basically, the oil speculators are moving based on the perceived outcome that Obama's second term brings.

That effect is getting amplified by the current taxes on the gas.

Now, if Obama sits on his hands, or is forced to sit on his hands, the speculators will settle. But, that is highly unlikely at this point, as the US administration needs to do something, right or wrong, something.

I don't think people understand that Oil and now gold with many other things are controlled by speculators. That is why someone in power can fart and gas goes up or down 10 cents...hehe

edit on 7-11-2012 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
The religious right want the world to end.

They will do anything in their power to bring that about. im excited to see these idiotic tactics fail... and all the egg on their face...

i would even push for charges of terrorism for purely politicaly motivated attacks against the economy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

The overall economy is improving and if you would take your blinders off you would see it. Housing starts are up, people are hiring. I work in an industry that reflects the spending habits of the american people. I sell flooring. Carpet, hardwood, ceramic tile, etc. These are things that people want but dont need and they are buying. They are high dollar purchases and sales are increasing where they had fallen way down in 2008. I can look at my own paycheck and see how the country is doing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

Why must he work for the government? I just posted that I am in retail and high dollar retail at that and business is improving and has shown steady improvement since the crash in 2008 when things got really bad for me. People spending is a good indication of an improving economy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Xtrozero

See I thought the riots were if Obama won. What do I know. I live in a different world. The real one.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join