It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Are you really that uninformed?

No repeal of obmamcare; higher energy prices due to more regulation; higher taxes; ect. etc, etc.

The American people have basically handed the country over to destruction.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
It's not Obama,it's the banks restricting short term loans to pay employees and increase production.

It's manipulation by the banks,Romney winning woulda been a bad thing,he is them.

The system as it is,with those who control the credit not being elected officials,is why elections mean little.

There is something in between,somewhere,that benefits more of the population economically.

Unbridled capitalism always destroys itself.

Gubmint gots to do wut gubmints s'spose ta do,not this.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by MsAphrodite

Gee. Well I must be stupid then. As must my employer. They just keep expanding and hiring quarter-on-quarter. I don't know how we're managing to stay in business. Our CFO must be a fool.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
People are being traumatized by an election in all of this. HELLO? It's the end of the fiscal year for most companies....this happens every year, no matter who is in the hot seat.

Until companies figure out their next quarterly budgets, this always happens. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
reply to post by PLASIFISK

because the CEO's have to make 9 million a yr while obama is president and not 15 million if romney was president

So is this about greed of CEO's and business owners?

Being taxes go up, the company/business pays out more. Ohhh so before the big wigs take a salary cut, they would down size their work force first? O still don't see how the POTUS is at fault of this.

Or...

Is this because of the fiscal cliff bush era tax cut experation if congress doesn't agree on a plan/fix to the problem? How was business before the tax cut? Hard but survivable or the other?

Connection please? Sincerely.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You are but one company. The overall economy does not support your one example; in fact it refutes your one example.

link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
reply to post by ararisq

This argument is nothing more than financial terrorism from the right. Such slime, they are.

If living your life based on reality is terrorism, then so be it. We will just have to be little terrorist.

link   

Originally posted by jtma508

Gee. Well I must be stupid then. As must my employer. They just keep expanding and hiring quarter-on-quarter. I don't know how we're managing to stay in business. Our CFO must be a fool.

Yup, because the single enterprise you work for is indicative of the market as a whole.

Every industry is different, and, currently, most industries are not doing well.

link   

Originally posted by spiritualzombie
reply to post by ararisq

This argument is nothing more than financial terrorism from the right. Such slime, they are.

You see financial terrorism from the right...I see financial terrorism from the left.

I was planning on starting a business next year...but now I am going to wait to see how the cards fall.

Obama loves Wall Street, but seems to hate those who want to make their own way in life.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

i think its more greed than anything....last time i checked when all those CEO's had to meet congress and ask for money, they got a huge bonus at the end of the yr that they asked for money.....there are other examples but you never see a ceo cut his pay down first to ever help a company.

the CEO of whole foods only takes in $1.00 a yr.....thats right one american dollar, cause the dude is already rich as hell and loves his business and employees. (i do not work for whole foods but my friend does)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

This unfortunately is very true. To be honest I DO NOT think that a majority of them were bluffing in the recent past. Guess we will know all to soon.

Layoffs, 30hrs a wk max, benefit modifications

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec

the CEO of whole foods only takes in $1.00 a yr.....thats right one american dollar, cause the dude is already rich as hell and loves his business and employees. (i do not work for whole foods but my friend does)

I wonder where the dividend payout he gets every year comes from?

I currently get paid $0 in wages. The government can tax that all they want.

+6 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

You do realize that the price of gas is set in the global markets? Or that in order for President to even slightly effect the price of gas he would need to Nationalize the oil industry?

Or is this a reality free zone?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   

So is this about greed of CEO's and business owners?

Being taxes go up, the company/business pays out more. Ohhh so before the big wigs take a salary cut, they would down size their work force first? O still don't see how the POTUS is at fault of this.

Lets boil this down to the facts.

The answer to your question is...YES!

If I own a business that employs you and it is losing money due to having to hire lawyers (who are not cheap by the way) to find ways to continue operating at a profit, then yes, I will lay you off.

Current regualtions and those that are coming into effect in January are stifling growth. It's costing companies fat cash.

I wouldn't run a company to take care of people, but rather to make a profit. That in a nutshell is what business is all about.

If my company makes a product that people want, then I reward my employees as well. But if Government is regulating me to death, then I will have to lay some off or go out of business.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Conservatism scare tactics and revenge.

They don't like the president so they are going to try again to stagnate economic recovery and growth. The companies are doing this and blaming the president for it.

Course the FOX News brainwashed will see it as Obama's fault, but the reality is that companies that lay off people just because of who is in the Oval Office aren't companies that people should be working for or buying from anyway.

These companies that do this should fail, that way competitor companies that do the same work but aren't as politically motivated can step in, and reap the rewards of greater market share and profit.

I think it's time to have an anti Gault movement in this country, the people of this great nation should reject companies that use this blatant political fear mongering and hijacking and make sure these companies fail, all the while support companies that hire people, and expand their business even though the market may look "Questionable".

We have seen through the lies, that's why Obama got re elected. Stop throwing a tantrum about it and either do business or go bankrupt.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Any company that tells you they doing something because of who is President (because the President does not have the power to anything other than sign or veto what comes through congress) they are just trying to cover up their own failures. Anyone who thinks the economic revovery would be better or worse with Romney or Obama is just fooling themselves. They may get the credit or the blame and have to clean up the messes that are created but, they really have no power to effect anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1PLA1

How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Are you really that uninformed?

No repeal of obmamcare; higher energy prices due to more regulation; higher taxes; ect. etc, etc.

The American people have basically handed the country over to destruction.

Good luck with that...keep cheerleading doom and destruction...and the rest of the country will keep growing the economy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Yet the isolated examples that people are dredging-up here ARE somehow representative of the economy as a whole? I make my living (six figures thank you very much) as a statistician. The clients we work with are mostly Fortune 1000 and larger. I have a pretty good handle on what's shaking in the marketplace. I wouldn't have made the statement if I believed it was an abberation. This is the same fear-mongering and politically charged crap we've been dealing with for 2yrs now.

link   

Originally posted by Sissel
People are being traumatized by an election in all of this. HELLO? It's the end of the fiscal year for most companies....this happens every year, no matter who is in the hot seat.

Until companies figure out their next quarterly budgets, this always happens. Get over it.

No, I disagree, Republicans handle defeat a lot better than Democrats ever will.
This is because we know we can't always get what we want and don't cry an whine about it when we don't.
We were hoping for the best outcome, but now we'll have to prepare for the worst.
I suggest you do the same.

link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

You do realize that the price of gas is set in the global markets? Or that in order for President to even slightly effect the price of gas he would need to Nationalize the oil industry?

Or is this a reality free zone?

No, I realize that. But then there is always spectulation as well. That also plays a part.

If the price was set, everybody could predict when the price would go up or down and fill their tanks accordingly...which wouldn't be good for the petroleum industry.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join