It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

You do realize that the price of gas is set in the global markets? Or that in order for President to even slightly effect the price of gas he would need to Nationalize the oil industry?

Or is this a reality free zone?

This is a reality free zone Indigo5.
The right side of the country is really beat over losing ANOTHER election and are trying to scare people into believing that their choice for POTUS was wrong.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xtrozero

I get free healthcare and it is extremely good, but I'm sure that will change soon. I think the big problem is Obama said that there are 30 million Americans who need obamacare...well we should have just focued Obamacare on them and left the other 270 million out of it.

Here is the problem with that...that number of Americans who are uninsured is not fixed.

Folks who might have been fully insured through thier employer two years ago and might have even been shouting about Obamacare, might be unemployed without insurance now. It happens ALL THE TIME..EVERY DAY.

You might be fully insured right now, but might find out you have cancer tomorrow. I have an in-law who contracted a rare form of Lukemia a few years back. Capped out on his insurance benefits in the first 8 months and then he was on his own.

Focusing on just the uninsured doesn't work when those who are uninsured is always changing. Moving target. The fix needs to be systemic, just like the problem. Not to mention you can't maintain profitability for the insurance companies and insure the uninsured without spreading risk across the entire pool.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
reply to post by ararisq

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

Because they should just keep employees they can't afford and go under? Then you can support their product that they will no longer be able to produce?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I work for a small company and the rumors were flying yesterday too.

I was truly proud of America all my life but now all I can do is hate it and it's people. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat but I've always been very patriotic until now. The values that I and my ancestors hold dear have been discarded and trashed.

IMO, the best we can make of this situation is to burn it all down. That's right you heard me correctly, do whatever you can to hasten the demise of this new America. If you own a small business then close it! Fire as many employees as you can. Take from the system whenever possible. I applied 3x for food stamps and welfare benefits yesterday just to see if I could get them (it was actually fun). I'm reading up right now on how to initiate lawsuits....I plan on entering lawsuits against everyone and anything possible this coming year. I won't be doing the volunteer work at Christmas that I've done for the last 13 years and told them why. I'm also planning on going on disability if I can.

The goal should be to crash the system as fast as possible and watch the the people eat themselves. Nothing less.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

BS you forget the Election Was won with Half the vote , Half of this nation is VERY MUCH against Obama and will support those who are simply trying to keep there bussines alive . BTW before you make comments to me about Conservatives im neither , i think both sides are full of it . I sat watching this election tear this country apart but i find it interesting that the liberals always speak for everyone ..HOW can that be if half of the popular vote was for Romney ..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Procession101

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

You do realize that the price of gas is set in the global markets? Or that in order for President to even slightly effect the price of gas he would need to Nationalize the oil industry?

Or is this a reality free zone?

This is a reality free zone Indigo5.
The right side of the country is really beat over losing ANOTHER election and are trying to scare people into believing that their choice for POTUS was wrong.

You guys do realize that the cost of gasoline in the US also is detemined by refining in the US, regulation in the US, taxation in the US, and transportation and distribution in the US? All of which IS affected by governmental policies

The choice for POTUS was wrong from an economic standpoint, that is obvious. The choice on the POTUS was made due to promises of free stuff.

link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

Uhm...2013 tax code maybe? It will really be felt in 2014 after filings are complete, but businesses already know and need to prepare.

How is it that hard to understand?

link   
reply to post by Procession101

You see why would i want to be apart of either political side when you generalize everything , yes its all good guys and bad guys BLACK AND WHITE ...Its the hard heads of you hard liners on each side that causes nothing in this nation to change ..

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
A lot of crap companies hire all year and then lay off this time of year when it gets the least bit slow. People are expendable profits are not!

Cheap cheap labor is king!
edit on 8-11-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Usmarine1989
Fear mongoring because your guy lost. This is all a bunch of BS. The company I work for is hiring over 1000 people right now and giving us incentive to help them find good people!!

A thousand people? That's a lot. Which company? That large of a boost in employees should be easy to confirm.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by wills120

I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

I'm sorry this is happening to you. I work for a small company and the rumors were flying yesterday too.

I was truly proud of America all my life but now all I can do is hate it and it's people. I'm not a Republican or a Democrat but I've always been very patriotic until now. The values that I and my ancestors hold dear have been discarded and trashed.

IMO, the best we can make of this situation is to burn it all down. That's right you heard me correctly, do whatever you can to hasten the demise of this new America. If you own a small business then close it! Fire as many employees as you can. Take from the system whenever possible. I applied 3x for food stamps and welfare benefits yesterday just to see if I could get them (it was actually fun). I'm reading up right now on how to initiate lawsuits....I plan on entering lawsuits against everyone and anything possible this coming year. I won't be doing the volunteer work at Christmas that I've done for the last 13 years and told them why. I'm also planning on going on disability if I can.

The goal should be to crash the system as fast as possible and watch the the people eat themselves. Nothing less.

Easy there Tyler Durden. Did you say you work for a small business? Still employed? Your whole post seems wack-a-doodle...are you OK?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Where is the connection? Its called Obamacare and increased taxes. Employers have to provide health insurance for their employees or pay a "tax" for not providing it. Also the Democrats have said that the re-election of Obama is a mandate to raise taxes. So businesses laying off workers now is them being proactive for increase costs coming first in Jan. with the expiration of the "bush tax cuts" and then next Jan with the FULL implementation of Obamacare. There is your connection. If you owned a business you would be doing the same thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
scare tactics,

Wrong.
Boeing Announces Big Layoffs With Defense Division
And so it continues .... :shk:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

For starters I work Human Resources in the oil industry in Louisiana. Texas and Louisiana had some of the best unemployment rates after 2007 and went pretty much untouched as for layoffs. Then the BP spill happened and Obama saw it as a great time to push his green energy bs. Not only did we lose jobs, but some companies didn't return. All for his green companies to fail miserably....that's another subject though.

To answer your question, due to the uncertainty of his policies and the possibility of Romney, companies held off on layoffs to see what would happen. We are told to prepare for MAJOR layoffs after the second week in january for two reasons.

1. Obamacare- Companies like mine currently receiving tax credits for paying employees insurance will be gone unless he makes a change to his current plan. 3 weeks ago i took a Blue Cross Blue Shield class talking about these changes starting 2013. So I am well informed and not just spreading bs. Also, my boss is considering this affect and having to raise our rates to compensate for it, which his forecasters are saying will not work.

2.Tax cuts for small to medium businesses like ourselves are in HUGE question. Per our CPA, our rates are looking to go from 15-20% up to 35%! Thats massive. We work in the oil industry but we are a smaller contract company employing about 150 people on average. This varies from 45-175 at any given time. Except for the oil spill in which my company was one of the main ones. We were told we would be able to use that on our taxes and the govt would help out with worker comp insurance costs...Never happened.

So with all that considered, until these Bush tax cuts and insurance plans get figured out, companies don't want to hire on UNCERTAINTY. Not because they don't like Obama, it's because they don't know what to expect and in business you have to plan for the unexpected....Which means sit on things until you have a direction.

All you hate brewing bitches like to say it's the big companies trying to stick it to Obama, well you are just stupid.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Vegas Employer: Obama Won, So I Fired 22 Employees
lasvegas.cbslocal.com...

“David” (he asked to remain anonymous for obvious reasons) told Host Kevin Wall on 100.5 KXNT that “elections have consequences” and that “at the end of the day, I need to survive.”

Here’s an excerpt from the interview.

Also I have a friend who is an RN, as of yesterday her once good healthcare plan is now practically useless, and the nursing home she is working at is facing closing down because of new taxes implemented by the Obama administration to the tune of 15,000 a month.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
A lot of crap companies hire all year and then lay off this time of year when it gets the least bit slow. People are expendable profits are not!

Profits are what pay the people. Crap companies need to be able to make money in order to pay out money. When that money isn't coming in, they need to reduce the workforce.

That is elementary logic.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:54 AM
link   

Easy there Tyler Durden. Did you say you work for a small business? Still employed? Your whole post seems wack-a-doodle...are you OK?

No, I'm not OK. Probably will not be employed soon with a wife and small child. But I am serious about tearing it all down....we need a "cleansing fire" IMO.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'm self employed and have no medical insurance. I have never cost any taxpayer other than myself money. If anyone in my family needs a doctor I pay for it with my money. I believe medical costs are artificially high because of insurance, and malpractice lawsuits, and all kinds of other greed.

One time my wife woke up at 3 in the morning with terrible pain in her abdomen. We rushed to the emergency room. After some tests, 45 minutes later the doctor said it was a bladder infection, and prescribed antibiotics. Cost was $2500. I paid it, but the cost was out of line for the amount of care that was received.

Now I'm forced to pay these same exorbitant costs not just for my family, but everyone else too. What a great idea to solve the health care problem, just make a law that says everyone has to pay for insurance, but don't do anything about the high costs of the health care.

I'm not crying about it because I can afford to pay the $1500 fine for not having insurance, but I can't wait to hear all the bleeding heart liberals that will be crying after their employer dumps their health care insurance, and tells them to buy their own, and for the first time they realize what the real costs are. Maybe then we'll finally get real health care reform.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thats been coming for a while! You cant completely flop like they did and expect to stay on top.

Boeing Defense: $30 billion failure
www.zdnet.com...
The Department of Homeland Security "virtual fence" project, being built by Boeing, is in big, big trouble. The virtual fence is a high-tech network of cameras, lighting, sensors, and technology designed to intercept illegal border crossings. Boeing dropped the ball and did not come through!

www.bloomberg.com...
The U.S. missile-defense system managed by Boeing Co. failed to intercept a target in a test today, the second unsuccessful attempt this year.

What would you like? The US to prop up Boeings failures?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   

No, I'm not OK. Probably will not be employed soon with a wife and small child.

Sorry to hear that man, I found a page with 3, 479 jobs in your area ... maybe you can find a better job to support your family?

Career Builder

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join