It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by pierregustavetoutant
reply to post by FreebirdGirl

I love your very unbiased sources there.
But corporations do what corporations do. Amateur, inexperienced politicians and huge out of control government are, as usual, the culprits and enemy of the middle class.
Whether you, Obama, or other worshippers of abstract, ideological notions like it or not, his policies will drastically eviscerate the middle class and most small businesses.
But you are right in that he has been a great ally to large banking institutions and multinational corporations.
Your "proofs" of greed simply don't add up in the real world. In left-wing "journalism" I'm sure its great stuff, though. But left wing journalism aint gonna pay no one's electricity bill. And once the federal government bankrupts itself, it won't be able to either.
Try and get a taste of the real world.

Don't believe my sources do your own research. Instead of crying left/right crap. Better yet go to these companies websites yourself. You do know how to access financial information don't you. In case you don't google profits the top Fortune 500 companies of 2011. While you are learning google the top corporations that paid no taxes. After that learn what years the biggest decline of the dollar was. Combine this new learned knowledge with the years of the biggest defecit increases. Once you get over your political brainwashing you will realize you are fighting for a group (republicans or democrats) that doesn't give a damn about you. I do not align myself with any political party. I deny ignorance by researching and checking the facts myself. Are you naive enough to believe that with stocks dropping 300 points today no one made money? If so you have no idea how the real world operates. The facts not baseless, ignorant accusations speak for themselves. I deny ignorance by researching and checking the facts myself. In the real world people are making money while others point fingers and whine.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Layoffs would have happened no matter what.But I think it is common sense that the Obama tax raise is gonna cause a lot more layoffs people.Not that hard to figure out tax increase means more layoffs, which means more unemployment.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Originally posted by Indigo5

Originally posted by TDawgRex
reply to post by Indigo5

I tend to listen to what the business people are saying, rather than policy wonks.

And I own 2 busineses and employ 9 people. I don't have the luxury of believing idealogical BS about economics, BS costs money...same goes for my fortune 500 clients. The only layoffs directly related to this election are at the Romney campaign.
edit on 7-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2012 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

I didn't vote for Romney...but good luck with that.

Best to you and your predictions...I don't get paid for "luck" so don't place much stock in it, nor political fear mongering BS when I make decisions. Such a philosophy has profited me for 22 years now.

I don’t see the OP’s predictions as predictions, but rather as a possible future outcome that is entirely plausible.

That’s why I called them assessments in an earlier post. It can go either way and he may be off base...but I don't think so at the moment...we'll see. To be truthful, I hope he and those that agree with his assement are wrong. I don't mind being proven wrong.

Where I live I have watched this city go downhill for the past 13 years. So I guess I am a bit pessimistic at the moment. It’ll pass I’m sure.

I would wish you luck in your future endeavors, but you seem to be the kind of person who makes their own luck.

Wait a second…you didn’t build that.

Aw the hell with it …Good luck in your future and I do hope you expand as well and continue to hire.

Regardless of political idealogy. it is the small business that makes America a great nation.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

I wonder why Obama didn't get credit for your company "being on a hiring spree all year - adding 50+ jobs alone" but now that he is elected and you are facing layoffs they are his fault as well.

Everything is not Obamas fault except the things he did himself. Just like with GWB. If he was responsible once he is still responsible for what he did - not for people imaginations.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Regardless of political idealogy. it is the small business that makes America a great nation.

Ain't that the truth. Although we disagree sometimes I value your opinion. You seem like a cool guy.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yep, I think most saw it coming, I was on layoff one week before elections... have not been called back as of today.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Obama wins!

Ohhh damn - I am shooting heroin again.
It is all Obamas fault.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
The hospital I work for just sent out a memo to everyone letting us know that the usual handout of a holiday ham has been cancelled due to our current finances. Our CEO said he'd rather spend the money on maintaining staff. I have to agree with him here. The ham can wait for next year's figures.

I'm pretty sure the cancellation of the holiday ham had nothing to do with President Obama

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Our headlines have QANTAS airlines once again laying off 250 -300 engineers . I would not fly them anymore after that irishman took over as CEO . Hes destroying the company .
Do they make profits like that ?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by FreebirdGirl
reply to post by TDawgRex

Ain't that the truth. Although we disagree sometimes I value your opinion. You seem like a cool guy.

I have my opinions, and I love to read, but I don't claim to know all. Going to work today showed me that the price of gas did not go up. Until the holidays anyways.

But thank you, I'm always looking to educate myself. Even if I don't agree with the individuals I am discussing things with. Who knows? I just may change my position.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Originally posted by Sissel
People are being traumatized by an election in all of this. HELLO? It's the end of the fiscal year for most companies....this happens every year, no matter who is in the hot seat.

Until companies figure out their next quarterly budgets, this always happens. Get over it.

No, I disagree, Republicans handle defeat a lot better than Democrats ever will.
This is because we know we can't always get what we want and don't cry an whine about it when we don't.
We were hoping for the best outcome, but now we'll have to prepare for the worst.
I suggest you do the same.

Yeah??? Well this seems pretty whiney to me. How is this thread an example of republicans being good sports in defeat?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickymouse
reply to post by ThirdEyeofHorus

Obama can't get anything done in the current state of our government. If Romney would have won, he couldn't have fixed this either.

This is what I am not getting.

What makes the extreme right think that "Obamacare" would have been repealed if Romney had been elected?

As far as I can see, the power balance is pretty much the same in congress with the Republicans controlling the house and the Democrats controlling the Senate.

So what makes the "conservatives" think that an appeal of "Obamacare" would have even seen the light of day in the oval office regardless if Romney had been elected.

You do understand the president only has the power of veto ( which can be overturned by a 2/3 vote. I know impossible in this day and age :lol
? It is up to congress to appeal and even if an appeal had squeaked by the house, how in hell do you thnk it would have gotten past the Senate.

Yeah, I also am of the thought this is all sour grapes and people like to assign imagined powers on whoever the President is at the time to continue the blame game.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by FyreByrd

Yeah??? Well this seems pretty whiney to me. How is this thread an example of republicans being good sports in defeat?

Doesn't seem all that whiney to me. Just pessimistic...and dark.

And I am not a Repub, but rather a independant conservative.

I'm actually a registered Democrat, but that is because my state requires one to register as a (R), (D) or (I). And if you are a (I), your vote does not go through the electoral process. It only stays local.

I hope that changes though. I like being independent.
edit on 8-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   
So not a single policy has changed in the last 48 hours, and somehow Obama caused these layoffs?

At best, this is retaliation against the middle and lower class, from the angry upper class. Recession's don't hurt them, they don't care if they cause another one.

If they actually cared about their employee's, laying them off would not be done so lightly just because they are pissed about the election. If the layoffs are quantitatively justified, then they failed as business people to succeed over adversity. Businesses fail all the time, while competitors succeed. That's how business works.

And Obama has done a lot to help small companies thrive. I would post a link to the details and evidence of that, except I have strong reason to believe that even if I presented the facts, they would only be ignored.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
I agree that a lot of this is simply retribution.

My employer has told me that if Obama's medicare/medicaid cuts go through, and our revenues are scheduled to decrease by 30%, so I will have to take a 30% cut in pay. Like the piddly 30% cut in my, and the few other employees here, salary is going to make up for the facilities overall loss of 30% net profit...

its retribution plain and simple. They are going to lose 30% so they want to punish us “little” 99%'ers here because their greed driven butts won't be making quite as many millions this year.

Since I haven't gotten a raise in the last seven years, I told them that they could take it out of my employee handbook mandated, back-dated, yearly salary increases that I never received.

If they actually do try and cut my salary they'll be talking to my attorney as I walk out the door.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninjamikec
reply to post by ararisq

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

That's really dumb; businesses don't make money out of thin air. If a business can't make enough money to pay off it's employees, it's going to have to lay them off or go bankrupt.

Of course, we could argue that the salaries could be redistributed to be more fair, i.e. deduct from the pay of the CEO to cater to the average employee, but there's a fat chance that's going to happen.

Anyways, boycotting a company for laying somebody off is only going to get more people laid off; you contribute to the problem, not help fix it.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

Good luck friend, I hope it doesn't come to that.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

I am a registered nurse, my job is pretty stable, meaning that I will probably not lose or get layed off of my job.

I am a consumer. Since Obama has been in office and I could see the dollar being devalued through QE1,2 3 to

infinity -- I only buy necessary items -- tp, food, hygiene, pay off as much debt as I can -- does anyone realize what food prices are going to be, due to the drought? Obama has declared gas prices should be $6 to $8 a gallon, I live in the midwest and need to heat my house in the winter. Interest rates will go up huge due to the lowereing of the dollar. Has anyone seen the stock market? My retirement is in there.

Businesses need people to spend money. Any smart person in this Obama economy understands where things are headed.

I get 5 to 6 "pre-approved" credit card applications a week in the mail.

I thought I'd put in 2 cents as a consumer to show why businesses are going to be laying off.

America is f@%$'d.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:58 AM
link   
I'm shifting a small dept overseas not because of Obama but because of prop 30 which affects incomes over $500k. California will get LESS taxes from me because I'm moving this department out. For me it's only about $25k/year in new taxes which i guess is a Porsche payment but I'm doing it because I can and because I'm tired of paying for all the leeches in California. In a global business environment business owners have options. Too much taxes we leave because Porsche brakes and turbocharger upgrades are expensive. LOL

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Happy1

The problem in “our” field is that its the only field that the government feels it has a right to preform “price fixing” on. It would be nice to see them say that gas stations were not allowed to charge more then $1.00/gallon, or automakers $20K/vehicle, yet the government feels that it has the right to dictate what medical care is worth/service.

Then they want to increase the cost each year through adding additional legal hoops that must be jumped through to even get the piddly, yearly decreasing, amounts they are willing to pay. The whole point being that if they can get away with not paying for a service they will.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join