It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Wins - Layoffs Starting

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+38 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

+42 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

scare tactics, if they do layoff people then spread the word for people not to buy their product. if i ever hear someone got layed off from a job i would never support their product ever, and i think most americans would do the same

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
I recall in another thread that Lockheed Martin was delaying layoffs until after the election on the Obama administrations requests.

I certainly hope this does not reach a substantial magnitude.

4 more years is a long time and day 1 is already looking questionable.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
HR in our company said about a 5% cut after the first of the year. Had lunch with the guy today

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

I have heard of many companies and businesses that have threatened and are now seemingly following through with layoffs and shut downs in the event of four more years with Obama. That type of behavior will make the "economic collapse" that people are ranting about self fulfilling prophecy.

+65 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
How is Obama making businesses lay off it's employees? Where is the connection?

+21 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Two hours after the election was called, my boss came into the break room and announced that gas has gone up .45 cents.

I work at a logistics company and fuel is our lifeblood. I'm seeing layoffs in my future as well.

For those that do not get it...

When the cost of transporting food, commodities or what have you, goes up...so does everything else.

Everybody had best tighten their belts...again.

+60 more 
link   
Let's see... so a company is doing a certain amount of business. Let's say $10MM. They have a payroll of $2MM. So they are still pllanning to do $10MM in business but with only 25% of the employees? If that was even remotely possible why did they have an inflated workforce to begin with? What a major FAIL business model. By cutting the workforce they are giving-up 75% of that $2MM payroll which is, by the way, tax deductible. In an alleged attempt to improve their ability to pay taxes they are going to forego $1.5MM of tax write-offs. Sure they are. This screams bovine plop.

+26 more 
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

because the CEO's have to make 9 million a yr while obama is president and not 15 million if romney was president

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I was just about to start a thread about the coming layoffs and the small businesses that will have no choice but to downsize or close shop completely, but your thread speaks volumes because it comes from a real life, first hand experience.
Get ready for a welfare state on steroids.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
I work for a company that has been on a hiring spree all year, adding 50+ jobs this year alone. Today, I got the call that my staff is being cut by over 75%. I have no idea how we'll be able to deliver our work next year, it just seems impossible.

I've heard some other anecdotal evidence that people are losing their jobs all across the company as businesses allocate what used to be salary to future taxes.

First of all, before you push the panic button, what type of business are you in?

If you got a call, surely something will be followed via an inter office memo at the least. Or otherwise, somebody was 'yankin your chain.

+4 more 
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK

Because his Admin is creating regulations that are strangling them...so much red tape that many don't even want to start their own business. It's cost prohibitive.

It's all over the business news.

+13 more 
link   
reply to post by jtma508

You assume that businesses will plan to stay the same size and do the same amount of business. People who run successful businesses are not stupid. They will do a cost benefit analysis of their time and resources. If downsizing will net them the same and make life easier, they will make less money and enjoy life more.

That results in lost jobs.

Why work to fund other people?

It is already happening. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves.
edit on 7-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

+19 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

In a nutshell, they just can't afford to pay for ObamaCare.
Think about it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
This screams bovine plop.

I think that this thread is not so much about the Companies, but rather the people that work for them...as they will be the ones affected first.

+32 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Over 4000 new EPA regulations alone will go into effect in January.

Tax increases in January.

Obamacare being implemented as we speak.

But you get your "free" stuff.

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
Over 4000 new EPA regulations alone will go into effect in January.

Tax increases in January.

Obamacare being implemented as we speak.

But you get your "free" stuff.

That's what cracks me up...in a sad way.

Without a tax revenue. Because when businesses fail...POOF!, there goes a lot of tax revenue.

OMG! Why am I not getting my free stuff!

So many folks just don't get it.
edit on 7-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

+27 more 
link   
reply to post by ararisq

This argument is nothing more than financial terrorism from the right. Such slime, they are.

+7 more 
link   

When your cash input doesn’t go up, while your taxes do go up, then something has to give. The only thing that can give is the company, and the work force in the middle.

Companies have been holding off the layoff in hope that another president would get in and repeal the obama stuff before it kicked in.

They now know that won’t happen, so they have to do what they have to do. The only other option is to go out of business.

+5 more 
link   
Our CEO announced today that we would be restructuring, code word for lay-offs. No optimistic outlook for 1st quarter 2013. Companies that would have expanded or opened will still be in a holding pattern until things shake out. If you work for or with the FEDS you will be fine unless it is military funded.

I may open a repair shop to fix Obama phones??????

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join