It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brian Cox: BBC bosses feared alien discovery could breach editorial guidelines

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The only thing the bbc wont cover up is their own incompetence.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
Of course, the BBC take a big risk every time they OB live - they get little control over the mind programming they would normally insert into a documentary, etc. Their reasoning sounds perfectly legit, it's exactly the kind of thing I'd expect of the BBC. Think of all those people without a TV license that would be broadcast evidence for free!

That said, I do see this as just BBC protocol, not some big conspiracy - I'm sure if Channel 5 did Night Sky live with Brian Cox they would WANT them to bring them such an exclusive. But Channel 5 is not the "staple piece" of British TV programming, so they have far less pressure than the BBC to adhere to governmental obligations.
edit on 8-11-2012 by markymint because: Spellingz

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by FireballStorm

I don't believe that this is a "cover up", but I am surprised that the BBC was so touchy when it came to this topic.

Thoughts?

Not a cover up. You really need to think about this with a common sense hat on and not a conspiracy hat. Common sense dictates that those in positions where decisions are made are base those decisions on both known and perceived regulations. Those people are not NWO or illuminati but often folks climbing the ranks who learn the job whilst doing the job.

Soooo....what does someone who knows nothing about the reality of "aliens" (ie the vast majority of middle mangers) do when confronted with the possibility? Simple they rely on the little knowledge they have which is the movies where aliens zap people !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ignorance is driving this decision nothing more.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I think Brian is an alien! He hasn't changed a bit in the last 20 years!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by thebabyseagull

I agree with that

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:09 AM
link   
So there may or may not be life on Threapleton Holmes B, but sure aslong as the bbc is not going to get sued (from the possible mass panic and looting, rioting that would persue?) and they keep there heads in the sand everything will be oookaaayyyy......

What a joke good job the bbc was not around to televise colombus going around the world..... "BBC: let's not go that way, there might be giants there" and the giants would be in breach of editorial guidelines....

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Some more reading on this

www.independent.co.uk... 294561.html

I think it's a plug for the show more than anything.

Brian is ok in my books, like most over achieving academics he probably should have spent a little more time socialiising as a teen.

edit on 9-11-2012 by one_small_step because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by wisper
What a joke

Um, well, it WAS a joke...

I don't think anyone has mentioned in this thread that Brian Cox posted on Twitter a couple of days ago explaining that it was a JOKE. (The Twitter posts were mentioned on skeptical/scientific email discussion Lists at the time, but - so far as I've seen - didn't get mentioned in the numerous discussions of the original article on ufo websites. Mmm.)

mobile.twitter.com...

As @daraobriain pointed out, we did the "health and safety" aliens story live on air last year as a joke. Not really news!

@daraobriain I have created lots of press publicising our new show out of literally nothing at all. That's talent, that is

edit on 9-11-2012 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by alfa1

Originally posted by FireballStorm
We need to go through the regulations and health and safety and everything

I don't believe that this is a "cover up", but I am surprised that the BBC was so touchy when it came to this topic.

Thoughts?

Like you, I dont think this is a coverup, just an overly bureaucratic process.

Agreed, it isn't a cover up BUT,
You have to read between the lines on this.

When I read this I can see that there CLEARLY ARE regulations already in place in the event that some news agency comes accross information suggesting life on other planets.

Where did these regulations come from?
Why are they in place?
Why does this man clearly know these regulations like the back of his hand?

These are my questions.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join