Help ATS with a contribution via PayPal:
learn more

Presidential Executive Order must be prepared now to save economy

page: 1

join

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:30 AM
link   
America can forget about bipartisanship in politics between the People, Republicans and Democrats, deadlocked over the looming fiscal cliff and spooking the investor markets.

President Obama have to be pragmatic.

Republicans, long beholden to their corporate masters and wall street, is NOT gonna care about the masses. It's 17th century France style oppression once again in USA, pitting against the People by the elites.

Bipartisanship ain't gonna happen.

The only solution left right NOW is for President Obama to invoke the Executive Order to save the economy.

1. Raise taxes from the very rich. They had been hoarding money long enough.

2. Close ALL tax loopholes.

3. Publically appoint business auditing team to audit the expenditure of ALL govt agencies to find wasteful or unnecessary spending - from military to social welfare.

4. Publically announce infrastructure building projects to create more jobs and opportunities, and to enhance the productivity of business enterprises - better roads, power lines, airports, railways, bridges, etc, etc. It will be the fastest way to generate tax revenues once they are built or repaired as access and usage will increase production of goods, material and resources for export, services and self consumption.

The money will come from revenue raised from taxes 'given' by the rich, while current revenues can be use to balance the budget.

The EO will help genuine investors to gain confidence, that USA is NOT gonna fly over the cliff.

If the republicans are not happy being passed over, and seek to impeach the President, they will not succeed because:-

1. The Senate will have to approve it, and the President is protected by the Democrat majority.

2. Any hint of impeachment of the President who have no other choice than to invoke an EO, will see the belligerant republican house representatives being booted out themselves in the Blue states, thus the need to invoke the EO now while the People's sentiment and desire for something to be done right now, and had mandated Mr. Obama as the President to save the economy.

The People have suffered enough. Republican proposed austerity drives, political gamesmanship, no tax for the rich and policy of 'privitisation of profits but socializing of debts' had gone far enough and will only impoverize the People further.

If anyone have better ideas, do share as I believe there are more intelligent folks than the insignificant nobody me here. Let this be a solution thread rather than to ply woes and problems thread after threads on ATS

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
No, that would not be wise.

If I had to suggest something...as impractical or impossible as it might sound...it needs to be a special vote...a referendum to the people.

If the gridlock continues and nothing gets accomplished in the next few weeks or months...then "we the people" need to grab the bull by the horns and execute our First Amendment rights to petition Congress to do what we tell them to do.

This is our right...it is our power but so many have forgotten the powers of the First Amendment...

Free speech
Freedom of religion
Freedom of Press
The right to publicly assemble
The right to petition the Government

Use them...live them...love them...they are YOUR rights

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I'm siding with this guy. turning this country into a dictatorship is the stupidest Idea I've ever heard.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
yep, that should start the civil war off....

wouldn't that be a really, really bit abuse of the executive order??

we the people just need to make a few rather large orders for tar and feathers and all meet in washington, see how fast the start working together then...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Only on full bellies will the masses ponder upon lofty subjects.

Right now, with 93% of americans EMPLOYED, the 7% unemployed will be the target of opposition groups and ameican haters to misuse them for personal agendas.

In anycase, it does not hurt to increase wealth to the GDP or to counter any tricks being played by the elities.

One quick way right now, for the short term, is to ENCOURAGE SERVICE industries and TOURISM. It will bring in quick revenues, as well as help create more jobs for the 7% to choose or for those being laid off.

Furthermore, when tourists come and see the innovation and spaces avaliable for investments, some of them will become investors to the american economy.

The biggest target will be the nouve riche from China, whom are ready to flee the oppressive CCP govt to live a better and freer life in USA.. Asians are the targets next.

All it needs is tourism friendly initiatives and lesser redtape for entreprenuers to go on a temporary but quality service industry drive to build up funds to avoid recessions and grow the GDP. The potential to double and triple the annual GDP is there.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

To be honest, that's what I'm worried about; China. Not all the Chinese buying property and stuff are independent. This is how modern invasion works; You buy their companies, control their economy, then take their government, then, and only then, do you openly take the country.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
An executive order would be the worse thing he could do at this point. He is already seen as a strong headed my way or the highway kinda guy. Plus he has no idea how to do it.

Flat tax across the board on net gains. No loopholes, no hiding assets overseas or getting massive deductions. Mandatory audits for people making over 1 million a year to ensure there is no funny business going on. Not perfect but will help make those making billions to pay their share.

Corporations that invest, build and produce in America get incentives to do so. Corporations that get pissy and go overseas get their products double taxed when coming back in for retail. Biggest problem with any tax or budget balancing, if corporations get hit hard, they will layoff, increase cost of product and pass it on to the American people.

Import tax goods at the same rate the sending countries tax our exports. Look to china for how to best tax imports.

Bring military home. All of them. We are not the worlds police and we do not belong sticking our nose in other countries affairs, or continuing our assassinations of heads of state.

Remove tax exemptions from churches. However do give tax reductions to churches that operate and maintain pantry's to feed the needy. Let the churches practice what they preach for a change. Let the good Christians take care of their community.

Politicians salary needs to be reduced. They are public servants and should make the same as the police and fire departments do. Maybe then people wanting to make real change would run.

One thing thats needs to be avoided is over regulation or destroying the economy or rights more then has been. Its a tricky sticky situation that there is no easy answer for.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by CrisMajor

LEGISLATIONS will ensure that the chinese or foreign rich do not mess up america's way of life. Oversight by govt committees will scrutinize all investment projects.

For example, if foreigners wish to buy land in USA, they can, but it will be on short term leases such as 15 or 30years, no more such thing as FREEHOLD. Planty of open spaces in the continent and wealth can be created for the american people to be SHARED.

FAIR TRADE - no free trade, must be the mantra now where all will benefit on win-win situations rather than win-lose projects of the past.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

The problem with service is that it is more or less a domestic product that is bought and used only here. Tourism has it's possibilities, but thanks to our groping TSA agents, some people have lost their desire to see our once famous "streets of gold"...

Executive Orders are precious things and they need to be used sparingly and with great wisdom and caution. There is a time and a place for them and I do not think this would be a good place. As stated above, the fall out of such a revenue grab would cause such an explosion of rage and could well be the catalyst for civil war. We don't need to go there. What "We the people" need to do is remind the men and women of Congress that they work for us and our collective will is to be carried out.

There is a website that offers the ability to create and distribute petitions. I will have to look up the address, but I think it's "petition.org" or something like that. I would love to have a venue to broadcast such a petition, but I "think" the Terms of this site forbid doing that...I do not know for sure. Perhaps a Mod reading this could remind us.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   
If you took every red cent that the wealthy have it would not come close to paying off the deficit. Taxing the rich into oblivion will only result in them leaving for greener pastures, keeping their money and lowering the amount of money the government has to work with in order to pay for entitlements. The math does not work. Human nature can not be changed. The rich will remain rich one way or the other.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

I do agee wtih you. EOs are not to be easily used and abused. But I am sure that NO President of a DEMOCRACY would EVER, ever want to use it, unless for an emergency, or when in the face of clear and present danger.

Thus, the majority votes its leader very, very carefully, held in trust, and that president to never abuse that trust.

Unfortunately and sadly, the belligerant republicans, deluded in their minority supremacists beliefs and pandering to the their masters - elites, had refused to see what is truly needed to be done to save the masses, and had either tagged laws that would nullify any alleviation of the masses with conditions to protect the rich, or just outright belligerence through the use of their majority in the House to stick their middle fingers to the masses.

Under such circumstances, it leaves the President, elected by ALL responsible citizens, is FORCED to act, as enpowered and provisioned by the sacred Constitution of founding fathers - EO to break any gridlock in congress to save the nation.

I fully agree with what you had written, but sadly, after 4 years of watching republican belligerances, I...lost hope on the republican party to whom cares not about the nation, the way the Whig party and others in the course of american political history whom had became irrelevant to the constancy of changes.

But still, I hope your proposal will gain traction, so that elected representatives in the House will act on behalf of the People, the way founding fathers intended the political system to work and that had served america well for 200+years, or pay the price for their selfish agendas or negligence on the suffering of the common masses.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

No one, absolutely no one, is saying that taxing the rich will pay off the national deficit or debts of trillions accumulated over decades under different political parties.

But during present difficult times, the elites' hoard of wealth will help in many ways to alleviate the suffering of the common masses.

How much does one needs in life, when we came into this world with nothing and will leave with nothing except our name? America is not a commie state whereby rich landlords and wealthy citizens were either lynched or killed outright for their wealth.

All americans asked is that the rich to SHARE a part of their hoarded wealth that is gathering dust in vaults, to help society, a society that they had benefitted from, for no man is an island.

How conscionable can a society be if a middle class citizen pays 33% on taxes, but an elite pays less than 14% the way Romney had, or worse, some elites pay nothing at all through loopholes??

The rich works hard, no doubt, with their brains and deal making golf or nightclub activities, but the workers worked equally mind and hands numbly hard as well, for the free market supports no liabilities and would be fired if one fails to measure up.

No. This is not about class warfare. It is an appeal for the elites to come to their senses and wake up to realities. Alone, none would have succeeded in life. It is society, the diversity of fellow citizens but sharing of common goals, that helps each succeeds in this journey of life.
edit on 7-11-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
My god does anyone have a clue?

How the hell are you going to tax the RICH!!! WHEN THEY ARE RICH, AND DO NOT WORK!!!

Dear god, I am surrounded by idiots!!!

Call them middle class not rich please...

My god..

new topics

top topics

join