It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earthquake of 7.5 magnitude hits Guatemala coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Tremors from an earthquake of 7.5 magnitude that hit the Guatemalan coast Wednesday are forcing people to evacuate from buildings in Guatemala City and Mexico City. No tsunami warning has been issued.

GUATEMALA CITY — A strong earthquake shook buildings in Guatemala City and San Salvador and Mexico City Wednesday, according to Reuters witnesses. A magnitude 7.5 earthquake hit off Guatemala's Pacific coast, the U.S Geological Survey said.

The temblor was centered about 28 miles southwest of Champerico, Guatemala, at a depth of 20.5 miles, USGS said. The quake was originally reported at a magnitude of 7.3.

A Reuters witness in Guatemala City said people were evacuating homes in parts of the capital, and fire-fighters and rescue workers were on alert. Office workers were also evacuating buildings in Mexico City.

The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center did not issue a tsunami warning.

(Reporting By Mike McDonald in Guatemala City and Nelson Renteria in San Salvador)
it seems like we have strond eart quake every other day anyone else thinks there is something going on with the earth.. like maybe there is going to be a pole shift something here is the link where i got tha story i seartch it but found nothing on it news.msn.com...
edit on 7-11-2012 by q13ert because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

That's terrible news. I've got folks in that part of the world. I have to check and make sure they are okay.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
news.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Not sure if people have been following Patrick Geryl's EQ predictions based upon planetary alignments but he has called the last three time windows to a T. It's scary actually.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by q13ert

Sure does seem like someone is trying to get everyones attention these days....

Hope our Guatemalan friends pull thru with minimal casualties

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by wutz4tom

me to if you belive in prey we should all start preying because thats was a big one

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

Same here,have family in San Pedro Sula,Honduras

2nd quake in the last 7 days for that area..last one was only 4.4
edit on 7-11-2012 by wutz4tom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So now we know one thing for sure, earthquakes are not caused by any sunspot or sun cycle, because sun is clearly blank, also earthquakes will keep on happening, its a natrual cycle. Also, one thing to understand, last week or so strong earthquake hit around Canada and now in Guatemala, plates shifting between Canada and Guatemala, whats in the middle? California or the west coast of America, I predict sooner or in few weeks, California should be on Alert for a major Earthquake. I think a lot of pressure is building up on the North Part of California and South of California, and now the middle will crack open soon and release its pressure. Lets hope no injuries occur and people realize that sooner or later it will happen.
edit on 7-11-2012 by storm2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   
18 minutes ago they just got hit by another one this one 5.1 time 5:26 central

i take that back they got hit by 5 today dang hope all is well

54km SW of Champerico, Guatemala

41km SW of Champerico, Guatemala

45km SSE of Champerico, Guatemala

48km SSW of Ocos, Guatemala

24km S of Champerico, Guatemala
link earthquake.usgs.gov...

top topics

join