It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7.3-magnitude quake off El Salvador coast

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:58 AM
link   
7.3-magnitude quake off El Salvador coast

Woah.

that's a big one no?

inagist.com...

Trying to find info on what plate this is by.

Its almost like the CONUS is being squeezed.

Now they are saying that the Pacific tsunami warning system did NOT issue a warning.

edit on 7-11-2012 by morethanyou because: do u think im stoopid? LOL

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by morethanyou

This is a story from August 27, 2012. LOL. Hang in there and try again...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by davcwebb

This is a story from August 27, 2012. LOL. Hang in there and try again...

Oh OK.

You can come back later and eat your crow. lol

This quake happened about 40 mins ago. 7.3 mag

USGS

edit on 7-11-2012 by morethanyou because: added link to USGS

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by davcwebb

And this is what your link points to: (?)

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported a 7.3-magnitude earthquake in the Pacific Ocean off the central American country of El Salvador near midnight local time (4:37 UTC) on Sunday, August 26. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a brief tsunami alert for a stretch of central American coastline. There have been no initial reports of major damage or injuries. Reuters reported contacting several residents in the El Salvador capital San Salvador, who said they had not felt the quake.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

reply to post by davcwebb

And this is what your link points to: (?)

The U.S. Geological Survey (USGS) reported a 7.3-magnitude earthquake in the Pacific Ocean off the central American country of El Salvador near midnight local time (4:37 UTC) on Sunday, August 26. The Pacific Tsunami Warning Center issued a brief tsunami alert for a stretch of central American coastline. There have been no initial reports of major damage or injuries. Reuters reported contacting several residents in the El Salvador capital San Salvador, who said they had not felt the quake.

No, your wrong yet again. Two times wrong in as many posts?

My link is there to the USGS.

Thanks.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Ok, Crow is fowl. You are so right... that was really weird though. Your original link took me straight here:

earthsky.org...

Anyway, the AP just posted this which is a departure from your thread title:

The U.S. Geological Survey says that a strong earthquake has hit off the Pacific coast of Guatemala, rocking the capital and shaking buildings as far away as Mexico City and El Salvador.The magnitude-7.5 quake, about 20 miles deep, was centered off the town of Champerico.

edit on 11/7/12 by davcwebb because: Providing more info to thread...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Ok, Crow is fowl. You are so right... that was really weird though. Your original link to me straight here:

earthsky.org...

Weird. But do not be to upset, Al Gores Interwebs sometimes has me all bamboozled as well.

Im trying to figure out how to remove you from my foes list now.

I guess this quake was 41 KMs down, so the depth has something to do with the warnings I would assume?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I would venture to say that is a good assumption. This is definitely a newsworthy story. That's a big quake. Good catch...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Massive earthquake out of the Champerico, Guatemala coast – Red alert called by the president – At least 2 people killed

Update 18:16 UTC : Due to the death of 2 people, this earthquake becomes a CatDat Red earthquake. We feel very sorry for the family of the deceased. Lets hope that no other fatalities will be added to the current number. So far we have no numbers of injured but based on the image at right, we are sure that the damage will be considerable and that a lot of people will have been injured.

Source

update

Update 20:11 UTC : New numbers just reported by CONRED : 15 people killed so far 100 people missing approx. 15 buried below the rubble of collapsed houses

Same source
edit on 7-11-2012 by lurksoften because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join