It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America the ill informed; Googling "who is running" right up 'till election day.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
This makes me feel REAL confident that the American electorate is well informed; they were googling "who is running for president" right up 'till election day. How can anyone doubt that the election was based on well researched choices on the part of the electorate.

America: People Are Googling “Who Is Running for President” Right Up to the End

America, the Great Republic, is holding her elections today. And her voters, you voters, are, uh, still frantically Googling to find out who's running for President.

That's a Google Trends chart above, showing how often people in the United States have searched for "who is running for president". As you can see, it's spiked heavily in the past month, and again, higher still, in the past WEEK. The election is today, for god's sake. "Does anyone know who is running for president? I HAVE TO GO VOTE ON IT TODAY." Et cetera.

Gizmodo

Yeah, its great to know that Americans use all that information available at the tips of their fingers to stay well informed about what the Kardashians are doing from day to day and can just google who's running at the last second to figure out who to vote for come election day.

Sure, some argue that they were looking into 3rd party choiced because they were so disgusted by the establishment candidates but, if this is so, why didn't the 3rd party folks get better numbers?

Wittyname

I can think of one very valid reason why even someone who has been paying attention is is reasonably informed would Google this: to look up third party candidates just to see who else besides Romney and Obama are on the ballot.

If you and I had a conversation right now about what third party candidates were running, I would probably Google "who is running for president in 2012" but that doesn't mean I haven't been following along or haven't paid close attention to the issues this year.

Me, I think that this is just more proof that American's can't take the time to be distracted from what's happening on American Idol or Dancing with the Stars long enough to make real informed choices in the elections anymore.

All I have to say on that is they are getting exactly what they deserve over the next four years and may God help us all.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
ha ha! good find op!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Why am I not surprised, the majority of Americans vote for the cool guy, or what can this president give me?

When asked about the Benghazi situation, they had no clue.

And our MSM kept them in the dark about many issues, by filtering the news in Obama's favor, the MSM won him the election.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Lowest common denominator.

It's the painfully depressing reality of being on the "winning" side.

Remember, Budweiser is the number 1 beer in America. McDonalds the most popular restaurant.

It should be a great disgrace to be elected to any office. It means you're the human equivalent of Budweiser and you rode to victory on the shoulders of a sea of morons with IQ's hovering in the mid 70's.

Great accomplishment.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If I wanted to vote for someone other than the lesser of the two evils, how was I suppossed to know who that person would be if I didn't research it first? Especially since the MSM ignored the others? My sixth sense?

This would be counterintuitive to your "americans are stupid" biased post as this shows that americans are actually smart in that they researched it before heading to the polls.

edit on 7-11-2012 by HandyDandy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
It's not necessarly a bad term to see people using on google, on election day. Personally - I followed the presidential election pretty heavily, but not the state/local elections, and my plan on voting for state/local was "D's all the way down". At the polling station, to my dismay, there were a number of state/local elections that didn't have a democratic candidate so my plan then became "anyone but the GOP". It sure made me wish I had searched "Who is running" before going out to vote.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by HandyDandy

I addressed that in my OP.

If so many people researched 3rd party candidates, why did Gary Johnson get only 1% of the vote?

Either they ignored all those 3rd party voters or the electorate really is stupid and waited 'till the last minute to figure out who is running.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by FortAnthem
Either they ignored all those 3rd party voters or the electorate really is stupid and waited 'till the last minute to figure out who is running.

I'll ask the same question that I asked in the other thread:

Who is the more intellegent?

A person who researches?

or.....

A person who lets the boob-tube do the researching for them?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Evil_Santa

The search term was "who is running for president" so it didn't count people researching their local elections.

That is a good idea to research your local candidates because its often hard to figure out who your local rep is after being flooded by adds from all over the reigon for every candidate under the sun.

That's the reason they limited the chart to people looking for presidential choices.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Yesterday morning, I googled "when is the election". Do you want to know why? Because I haven't given my attention at all this cycle to the political theater. You whine about Americans not paying attention. I applaud those who do not give their energy to the dog and pony show. And I cry for those, who by their attention paying, by their focusing their energy upon, assure the perpetuation of the system that enslaves humanity.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
this is deppressing no matter how dumb you think people are they never fail to disapoint
edit on 7-11-2012 by monkofmimir because: I was an oxymoron

top topics

join