It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I live in Ohio and I didnt vote

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
So many cry babies on here about Obama winning is a bad thing, but you see. Nothing was going to change no matter who won. Well, maybe the repubs would have started a war with Iran because they believe they are a threat, but I didn't vote because it was a choice between a giant douce or a turd sandwich (south park reference)

but the funny thing is, my family are hard core repubs, and instantly when they found out obama won, the ignorance came out, then i logged in on twitter and facebook, and saw more romney supporters ignorance come out,

A main reason i didnt vote is because i hate both obama and romney equally, but as of today i am glad obama won because it just showed me how divided our country is still and hearing more racism then ever in the last couple hours then in my lifetime. when the people keep deciding to vote for only two people nobody wins EVER. so until some serious changes happen like getting rid of the electoral college and having more than just two primary peeps run, i could care less.

i am sure there has to be more important stuff in your life going on right now than who won the election, its all a stage and hollywood really takes place in washington dc.

repubs will never be happy with a dem and dems wont ever be happy with a repub......simple

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
And in doing so, you make the problem worse.

Everyone in the middle that wants to “stick it to both sides” just caused the stagnation and stalemate to go on. That constant stalemate is pushing both sides to the breaking point.

When you make peacefully resolution of the problem impossible, then you make the violent resolution inevitable. And don’t be mistaken. There is people on both sides that are perfectly willing to go to violence if the situation gets worse.

So thanks. Your little protest of the vote has helped move this country toward violent conflict.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
I also live in ohio and also didn't vote. What's the point? If I had had to vote for one of the two it might have been obama, but since I didn't want to vote for either, ron paul wasn't running, and gary johnson was eh, not enough, I "voted" to not vote. Haha.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mr Tranny
And in doing so, you make the problem worse.

Everyone in the middle that wants to “stick it to both sides” just caused the stagnation and stalemate to go on. That constant stalemate is pushing both sides to the breaking point.

When you make peacefully resolution of the problem impossible, then you make the violent resolution inevitable. And don’t be mistaken. There is people on both sides that are perfectly willing to go to violence if the situation gets worse.

So thanks. Your little protest of the vote has helped move this country toward violent conflict.

so the popular vote doesnt matter in a presidential race and i made the problem worse? we live in america, were i have the option to goto baskin robbins and choose between 31 flavors but i only have to really choose between 2 people.......makes a whole lot of sense, it just makes a country more divided, like usually every presidential vote, somewhere between 40+ million on each side, (to lazy to google) i actually make a brouder statement by not voting because i am telling them that they both suck
edit on 7-11-2012 by ninjamikec because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Why couldn't third party be an option at least?

And my curiosity/intuition wants to know if you
"non voters" are under the age of 25.

Eta: well you could've said "f'them" and wrote in Ron Paul anyway.
It's like you let the tptb "win" by you taking a seat and not doing anything at all.
edit on 7-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ninjamikec

Good points. I think you might be a Carlin fan? I voted for Gary Johnson because I didn't want to support the two "candidates" which are both controlled by the same elite ruling robber baron class anyway. Until something changes I think this might be the last election I vote in. Ah, we'll see. I see that people are still lapping up that same old rhetoric post-win from any "candidate." It's all an illusion of choice.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
third party doesnt work. im all about third party but lets just say gary johnson or ron paul won.....he would be a laughing stock because the house and senate are still filled with more dems and repubs and would want to not pass anything he tried to do just to point out third party is a joke.

by not voting i am saying the system is flawed

i am 29 about to be 30

and i love george carlin

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Where do peopel get this idea that the dems arent as bomb-happy as the repubs?

Obama is on record with plenty of "we wont let Iran have a bomb" and "we will back Israel" rhetoric.

The dems are just as bomb-happy as the repubs.

I wont support a war monger. Even one that has somehow disguised his war mongering from his zombie followers.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I live in Ohio and almost didn't vote but if I didn't I would be allowed back in my house so I was essentially forced to vote. Honestly though I think with the electoral college it doesn't matter all too much if I personally didn't vote; I can't say the same if 1,000 people decided not to vote though. Also I particularly don't like all the mud slinging anyway with my own up bringing it makes the people I am "supposed" to vote for seem worse than when I was a child throwing a tantrum. Not to mention all the people throwing up arms at the lose. Though I do remember a show and I will perhaps carry this to every political place now - the speaker sadly I do not remember his name stated, "We should not see this as a loss but a win for America." He wasn't particularly talking about a specific candidate but just whoever wins. Putting so much emphasis on mudslinging and anger after the election it's as if we are just killing ourselves a bit more after each election.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Soooo then I'm guessing you also didn't vote for any of your local or state reps, props, judges, school personnel, etc, etc. Congratulations I guess.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

i know obama said he wouldnt tolerate a nuke iran but that is all he said. it seems to me that obama would actually hesitate and look into detail before conflict and he only said that because romney was calling him out and romney would just push the red button. there is no evidence iran has a weapon, but romney thinks they do

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Another reason I didn't vote was because I was afraid my vote, regardless of who I voted for, Ron Paul, Hitler, Big Bird, the vote would have just flipped to whoever tptb wanted to win. So how is it I am to blame for not voting when the voting is rigged to begin with lol? It's like we're standing outside the gates of auschwitz ready to get tattooed, but hey it's cool because we get to choose if we want a D or an R on our arms.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jjkenobi
Soooo then I'm guessing you also didn't vote for any of your local or state reps, props, judges, school personnel, etc, etc. Congratulations I guess.

i did not.

i am not interested in the next judge, what happens at the school or my state reps because i dont spend enough time to care. the people that vote on it, hopefully already looked in to what they are voting for, but its not fair for me to vote on an issue i have not taken the time to care about.

what if i voted against school funding because i didnt want to pay higher taxes and then the school turned to #, well....my one vote didnt make that happen, it was the majority, so the community (which we can say that most all parents will vote on school issues) decided whats best for their kids school

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   

So how many more villages does he have to drone bomb before you start to wonder whether or not he'd drop them on Iran?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Can't blame you for not voting and don't judge you neither, but there were local issues to vote on.
I did a write in for my vote and was told I was throwing my vote away, but I don't feel I was throwing my vote away.

I voted for what I believe in.

Now check out this cat who has been mayor of an Alaska town for 15yrs, people didn't like the two running so they convinced people to write in Mr stubbs. And there you have it.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

I wrote in Ron Paul.

I knew it wasn't going to be counted, but it still felt good.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I wonder what would happen if all the people who did not bother to vote, went out and voted 3rd party. That kind of number would be a game changer. Ah never mind just keep sitting on your asses and complaining at home.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Than please do not complain about a single thing over the next four years. You have no right to do so as you forfeited your right to have a voice.

In not voting, you've fallen into their trap. Do you think things would be the same if we had record turn out and if like you know 99% of eligible voters actually voted?

But again, your choice. Now you have to live with not having an opinion about any of it until the next election.

~Tenth

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrSpad
I wonder what would happen if all the people who did not bother to vote, went out and voted 3rd party. That kind of number would be a game changer. Ah never mind just keep sitting on your asses and complaining at home.

Probably nothing considering people did vote for johnson or ron paul and obama still won. They also voted for ron paul in the primaries but because of vote fraud the nomination was blocked. You're right, it's a GAME, so game changers would imply it's still a game. Ah never mind, just keep complaining about non-voters. Why? I don't know. America: you're free to vote, just not free to not vote? Lol. I'm proud I boycotted this election.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
So by not voting for anything at all, is somehow "telling" tptb that you don't agree with the "voting game"

Hmm..

And I guess tptb are keeping track of every person that didn't vote and their reasons why..

Hmm..no..

Nope.

Eta: yeah I guess you're "free" to not vote but then I wonder what's the point in making threads/posts about it.

edit on 7-11-2012 by LightWarrior11 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join