It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stocks Crash After Obama Win: Dow Loses 250 points

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The economy is going to get better now! Especially since all those greedy fat cat business owners have no trust in Obama as a president! I’m sure glad everyone’s going to have to work 2-3 part time jobs now that business owners are switching people from full time to part time to avoid Obamacare!

4 more years! 4 more years! 4 more years!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by jimmyx

Even NPR doesn't agree with you.

They just said this decrease in the DOW was directly attributable to investor's uncertainty.

But thanks for your reply.

well, investors uncertainty of...what?....
havng owned my own business for 9 years, and having held a position in mangement of thrifty drugs for 10 years, i can tell you that inventory "turnover" is close to being as important as net profit. more money flowing through more hands, creates more profits\ incomes for everybody. when wealth becomes concentrated in too few hands, "money" ceases to have the "power" to create economic growth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by jimmyx

Even NPR doesn't agree with you.

They just said this decrease in the DOW was directly attributable to investor's uncertainty.

But thanks for your reply.

thye have been saying for many years, and european financial news does have an impact on wallstreet as plainly stated in this article:
www.marketwatch.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:55 AM
link   
Obama Wins ... Layoffs Starting

Obama Wins ... Stock Market Plunges

Obama Wins ... God Sends Another Storm to the Northeast

Gasp!

One day's reaction is a trend? Indicative of something? Really? You know that only amateurs watch and react to daily market fluctuations. Serious investors, investors who actually believe are in it for the long haul and make the wise choices that are strong and not that influenced by the man who's elected.

It's not Obama winning that's making any of these things happen. It's peoples' reactions to it. It's people. People have the power to entirely decide the future and instead are using the excuse of Obama winning to defend or control or excuse their actions or emotional reactions or flex their muscle in their pout that things didn't go their way.. That's pretty sad.

"When nothing is owed or deserved or expected, and your life doesn’t change by the man that’s elected. If you’re loved by someoney, ou’re never rejected. Decide what to be and go be it.

"Road Full of Promises, Head Full of Doubt," Avett Brothers

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
down 332 at the moment.
Not surprising in the least.

Obama will ditch the long term cap gains tax rate. He will ditch the qualified dividend rate. He will raise taxes and, come january he will also start cutting spending.

Wall street is merely showing its collective distaste for the future woes we're going to be facing.

In my humble opinion, if the market dropping is an indicator of the collective distaste for the future woes, Wall Street should have been tumbling toward the gates of hell a long time ago as the seeds of our future woes were sown decades ago and the actions of administrations since then merely serve as fertilizer.

Yesterday's market, to me, is more of a reflection of those who control the purse strings sending a signal to the masses their displeasure over the failure of the electorate to goose-step in line with Republican values and elect street-favourable candidates.

I'd further hedge that three days from now, those same string-pullers will do what is necessary to swing the markets positive to recoup yesterday's losses.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join