It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Potential Revolutionary Flashpoint in Greece - right now

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
It seems they are about to vote on the new austerity package. I don't know if the crowds outside are preparing to hear it and what their response will be if it passes.

What we've seen so far could just be a precursor to the real protest when the parliament passes the measures.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Fight on Greece! Screw the authority! They don't seem to have the interest of Greeks at heart anyway! Make them wish they had cared as they should have all along, then show the US how to do it.

I know times are incredibly tough in Greece, but a part of me honestly wishes I was there to help.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

Good luck to them, and to all the nations around the world from here on out.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
I think what happened in Iceland adds insult to injury. We now KNOW that there is another way that is successful and effective.
Can't post a link right now, but anyone who does not know about it, google 'Iceland jails bankers'.
Just a note- I think you'll find that the 'revolutions' in Libya and Syria were no such thing. They were hijacked and fomented by outside forces and did not/are not benefitting 'the people' at all. They are not celebrating what has been done to them.
I've heard this said about Egypt as well, to a different degree. Another western backed leader who most likely cares more for his own power and politics than he does about the people.
I celebrate genuine revolution. I wish other country's would leave each other and their people alone to make the changes they want themselves. That's not the way things are though I guess...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

I think it's fair to assume it will happen in the US at some point. You haven't even started the Austerity game yet, and already people are suffering all over the country. The question really is whether people can organize enough to get together in any meaningful way, and whether a political group might influence it to destabilize the nation.

Think about it, if there was massive anger and protest like this when the Tea Party was around, you can guarantee the extremist element would have tried to infiltrate it.

If there are massive protests like this against the US government in the coming four years, you can bet the extremist element in the Republican party will be fanning the flames too.

Greece is a bellwether ("the belled lead sheep of a flock" for Americans -- most Brits would know what the word means) of things to come.

It will hit other European countries before it makes it to the US.

It's more likely the Dems will be rioting in the streets when their entitlements are taken away. The young Commies & Anarchists have prepped for violent revolution in the streets -- they lust for it.

The Far Right militia & survivalist types (with their guns) will head for the hills to their secret cache of supplies.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
The elite get off too lightly, why don't they pay off the deficit for us? Combined 400 richest in the us have over 1.57 trillion dollars of wealth..

If we take the top 5000 richest people.. I am sure they could Balance the deficit of 16 trillion and that would allow infrastructure projects to rebuild the US and modernise it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   

As some of you may know, I have specific theories on when a protest becomes a revolution. Riots happen all the time, crowds come and go, but often it seems that one event is a catalyst for real and genuine revolution.

I believe that catalyst may have just triggered in Greece.

We know that Greece has been facing some of the largest and most violent protests, and that the government there is not meeting the needs of many citizens.

Right now, there are hundreds of thousands of people streaming into Syntagma Square, this is one of the largest protests Athens has seen in the last year, and it has been triggered by the suicide of man...

Syntagma Square Live Stream

An elderly man approached parliament today, stood outside and shot himself. His suicide note reads...

"The Tsolakoglou government has annihilated all traces for my survival, which was based on a very dignified pension that I alone paid for 35 years with no help from the state. And since my advanced age does not allow me a way of dynamically reacting (although if a fellow Greek were to grab a Kalashnikov, I would be right behind him), I see no other solution than this dignified end to my life, so I don’t find myself fishing through garbage cans for my sustenance. I believe that young people with no future, will one day take up arms and hang the traitors of this country at Syntagma Square, just like the Italians did to Mussolini in 1945"

If my theories are correct about protest becoming a flashpoint for real revolution, I would suggest that we watch this live stream and wait for the police response. If it is violent, it will crate a spiral with protesters responding in kind. This is outside parliament, and the chances of the storming of the building are considerable with increasing numbers of protesters arriving by the minute.

Edit to add: Apologies, it seems that the suicide is a previous event (April), being widely reported as a new death. The protest is a planned march against austerity measures in Greece.
edit on 7-11-2012 by detachedindividual because: (no reason given)

Wow...That is crazy..The world as i have said is headed for major troubleing times.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MyHappyDogShiner
If this stuff starts happening here in the U.S.,I will have a hard time going the opposite direction.

But I will be heading for the hills,too many people with guns,and zero common sense.

ZERO COMMON SENSE.Even the cops.

I think it's fair to assume it will happen in the US at some point. You haven't even started the Austerity game yet, and already people are suffering all over the country. The question really is whether people can organize enough to get together in any meaningful way, and whether a political group might influence it to destabilize the nation.

Think about it, if there was massive anger and protest like this when the Tea Party was around, you can guarantee the extremist element would have tried to infiltrate it.

If there are massive protests like this against the US government in the coming four years, you can bet the extremist element in the Republican party will be fanning the flames too.
People are gonna get totally fed up with the crap going on with the governments.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Austerity measure has passed and the people are fighting back. Good luck to them! Unfortunately we will see this more and more, in particular with the EU countries first, and then most likely moving toward North America.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by curiouscanadian777
I think what happened in Iceland adds insult to injury. We now KNOW that there is another way that is successful and effective.
Can't post a link right now, but anyone who does not know about it, google 'Iceland jails bankers'.
Just a note- I think you'll find that the 'revolutions' in Libya and Syria were no such thing. They were hijacked and fomented by outside forces and did not/are not benefitting 'the people' at all. They are not celebrating what has been done to them.
I've heard this said about Egypt as well, to a different degree. Another western backed leader who most likely cares more for his own power and politics than he does about the people.
I celebrate genuine revolution. I wish other country's would leave each other and their people alone to make the changes they want themselves. That's not the way things are though I guess...

I think the thousands of citizens of those countries who fought, lost family and friends, and saw their own military and government murdering their fellow citizens, would disagree with you.

I have to say I find it quite arrogant that people think these citizens were not capable themselves, that they needed the CIA or British forces to do the job for them. I have no doubt that we've had people on the ground in all instances (the same happens in every conflict, this is part of intelligence and foreign policy) but the idea that America or Britain "orchestrated" these military forces to attack their own people, or that we managed their response with a handful of people across an entire country, is a little ridiculous.

I see the same arguments about Syria right now, as though the CIA miraculously manages to control Assad and the rebels, creates Syrian fighters flying overhead and choppers gunning people down in the streets. There is no doubt the CIA and British forces are there somewhere, but the idea that we are "controlling" or "manipulating" things is nonsense.

I also don't agree with the idea that the people of these nations are no better off. Egypt is better off without Mubarak. Syria would be better off without Assad. Libya is better off without Gaddafi. We've seen countless reports from people on the ground in Libya especially showing how appreciative they are now that their psychopathic leader is gone. There is a long way to go, no doubt about it, but they most certainly are in a better position to change their country now than they ever have been before.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
And I think there are "thousands of citizens of those countries who fought, lost family and friends, and saw their own..." extremist citizens backed by foreign govt's ..."murdering their fellow citizens, would disagree with you."

I don't think that they can't do it themselves. In the post I said I wished they'd be left alone to do it themselves.
I think they did not do it themselves. In any country you will find extremists who wish to overthrow the govt. As mentioned above, here in North America as well. It is usually more for their own interests and wish for power than for any altruistic feeling to return power to the people. If, for example, an outside force came in and armed and funded the Republicans to overthrow Obama, would you celebrate that? Would a NATO type bombing of the country actually help anyone, besides for the party who wants to take power? Do you think the people would be better off? Do you think the Republicans would be doing it 'for the people' or would they be doing it for themselves and their interests? And what about the outside force, what do they get out of it? Would it really be for the benefit of the US citizens?

Ask yourself this- do you think the media lies to you? I'm sure you're aware they do. Why then are they pushing this so hard on us? Because it is 'the right thing to do'? I think not. The only leaders they ever seem to want to remove are the ones who won't bow down to their pressure. The ones who have or want to nationalize the country's resources for the benefit of it's own people, not outside investors. Or don't have/won't allow central banks. Or want to get off the petrodollar, or even just trade in other currencies as well as the petrodollar. Over and over again this is shown to have been the case. What makes you think anything is different now?

I can't say I know for certain, but I am pretty sure.
I could be succumbing to propaganda, the information that tells me that Libya is not better off, it is in complete ruins and chaos; and that many in Syria, while they may not like Assad, certainly don't want a NATO solution.
I do know our media lies to us, and I know that when we meddle in other countries, it is always for our benefit, not theirs. I know we're being told we're 'spreading freedom and democracy' and that is NOT what we're doing at all. We have less and less of it ourselves. I don't take anything as 'the gospel'. I read from different sources and weigh it out in my mind, as well as contrasting it to what I KNOW is the lies we are getting from our own media.
Google it yourself and see what you find - "Lies about Gaddafi", "Lies about Libya", "Lies about Syria", etc.

Here are some of the sources I get info from:

Tony Cartalucci, Lizzie Phelan, Robert Fisk, John Pilger, Thierry Meyssan, Paul Craig Roberts, SyrianGirl

Land Destroyer, Global Research, Voltaire Network, Pennyforyourthoughtsblogspot

Here is a book about a different take on what happened in Libya as well, though I haven't read it yet, by a former US Congresswoman.
www.claritypress.com...

edit on 7-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

edit on 7-11-2012 by curiouscanadian777 because: add comments

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Looks like they are behaving calmly for the most part.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by rolfharriss
The elite get off too lightly, why don't they pay off the deficit for us? Combined 400 richest in the us have over 1.57 trillion dollars of wealth..

If we take the top 5000 richest people.. I am sure they could Balance the deficit of 16 trillion and that would allow infrastructure projects to rebuild the US and modernise it.

Spoken like a good Communist. What moral right do you have to steal or confiscate other people's property or private wealth?

And after the government squanders all that wealth? What then? There is no one left to steal from.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by AuranVector

Exactly right. These misguided "protesters" don't seem to understand, they allowed themselves to be disarmed, they looked to the gov't to supply them with their needs -- now, they are falling into the trap that the elites want them to be in -- an excuse for depopulation and UN Agenda 21.

In America, the only people shooting eachother and being shot by "police", are people who live in and around crime - mostly in the large cities.

Learn something from all of this. It's the trap they have been laying out for decades.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
isn't one of the reasons Greece is in this situation that there tax system goes something like this.
do you earn any money?
no.oh ok then you dont need to pay any tax on that big house and brand new merc on your drive

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   
If the Greeks are anything like every body else, ( and i have reasone to believe this....) then the average guy is struggling to live no matter what he does to make it.......
When Tim geithner, And Ben bernanke can pull off a fifteen trillion dollar fraud that nets them a cool ten trill....and get away with it.....well the decks well and truely stacked against humanity as a whole...and commie or no, when somebody has ALL the goddamn money, they sure as hell DIDNT EARN IT>

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Greeks are the ones to blame, they have no reason at all to protest. Last year they voted in the exact same party that was in charge before and already had approved austerity measures.

People don`t think when voting then go all violent.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by hououinkyouma

arnt all modern democracies like that now though

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Yeah, at least 95%.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Yea, you can look at the US election.... Give me free stuff!!!!

People need to learn that there is nothing that is free.

OK, unless you're Jon Corzine, Ben Bernanke, Tim Giethner .....

But, you can see that the 47% in the USA will happily overlook white collar crime to get their "free Obama phones." and birth control.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join