It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lake Michigan Triangle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Thank you for this thread! This is what ATS is supposed to be and what I live for- real mysteries. It reminds me of one someone posted on here about some ship near Indonesia I think where the crew disappeared- a very eerie story.

posted on Oct, 10 2013 @ 11:50 PM
link   
well seeing how no has saw fit to post it i will.

for all who have lost their lives on the lakes.

and for the lakes themselves

Lake Huron rolls, Superior sings
In the rooms of her ice-water mansion
Old Michigan steams like a young man's dreams
The islands and bays are for sportsmen

And farther below Lake Ontario
Takes in what Lake Erie can send her
And the iron boats go, as the mariners all know
With the gales of November remembered

edit on 10-10-2013 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 12 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Very cool!! I've lived about a mile from the lake my entire life and have never heard these stories!! Anybody else on here from NW INDIANA?????

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I'm from SE Wisconsin. Don't forget that some of these shipwrecks are said to be haunted! There's one by the shore near Sheboygan. It's popular with divers, for obvious reasons. Can't remember the name right now.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 05:46 AM
link   
Alot of stuff including body parts were found of Flight 2501. There's a marker for it in South Haven (I think) . Google up Flight 2501 and you'll find lots of info. The ship that sank twice is the wrong name I have a bunch of pictures of it and what washed up on shore but i can't recall the name. The commune is The House of David in Benton Harbor and they are still active.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:14 AM
link   
This is an episode about UFO's and aliens around the Lake Michigan Triangle.
Just throwing it out there.

posted on Oct, 31 2014 @ 07:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
Alot of stuff including body parts were found of Flight 2501. There's a marker for it in South Haven (I think) . Google up Flight 2501 and you'll find lots of info. The ship that sank twice is the wrong name I have a bunch of pictures of it and what washed up on shore but i can't recall the name. The commune is The House of David in Benton Harbor and they are still active.

Thanks. Never heard of Flight 2501.

From Wikipedia:

Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501 was a DC-4 propliner operating its daily transcontinental service between New York City and Seattle when it disappeared on the night of June 23, 1950. The flight was carrying 55 passengers and three crew members; the loss of all 58 on board made it the deadliest commercial airliner accident in American history at the time.

The aircraft was at approximately 3,500 feet (1,100 m) over Lake Michigan, 18 miles (29 km) NNW of Benton Harbor, Michigan when it vanished from radar screens after requesting a descent to 2,500 feet (760 m). A widespread search was commenced including using sonar and dragging the bottom of Lake Michigan with trawlers, but to no avail. Considerable light debris, upholstery, and human body fragments were found floating on the surface, but divers were unable to locate the plane's wreckage.

Two families were lost in the accident. The largest family group was the Hokansons — John, his wife, Kay, their seven-year-old daughter Janice, and their four-year-old son Thomas. The other family was the William H. Frengs. Mr. Freng, a lawyer and vice president of the International Telephone and Telegraph Corporation, was accompanied by his wife, Rosa, and their daughter Barbara, 18.

The missing airliner is the subject of an annual search by Michigan Shipwreck Research Associates, a Michigan-based non-profit organization. The search is funded by author Clive Cussler.

In September 2008, a researcher investigating the crash of Flight 2501 found an unmarked grave that she believes contains the remains of some of the 58 victims. Valerie van Heest says human remains from the June 1950 crash into Lake Michigan washed ashore and were buried in a mass grave. She claims they were buried in a St. Joseph-area cemetery without the knowledge of the victims' families, and the grave was never marked.[4] In a 2008 ceremony at the cemetery with 58 family members of Flight 2501, a large black granite marker was placed that now lists the names of the 58. And these words:
"In Memory of Northwest Flight 2501, June 23, 1950. Gone but Never Forgotten."

posted on Sep, 24 2015 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501 is still searched for today, funded by Clive Cussler (the Dirk Pitt author who I secretly read and love)
They have 2 'mass graves' with headstones where they put wished up human remains. I'm not sure why they weren't identified individually and just all buried together, unless the remain was so minute due to intense burning.

If anyone has more info on why these were all just put in these joint graves Id appreciate any links

posted on Sep, 28 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz
Northwest Orient Airlines Flight 2501 is still searched for today, funded by Clive Cussler (the Dirk Pitt author who I secretly read and love)
They have 2 'mass graves' with headstones where they put wished up human remains. I'm not sure why they weren't identified individually and just all buried together, unless the remain was so minute due to intense burning.

If anyone has more info on why these were all just put in these joint graves Id appreciate any links

No dna testing in 1950 so I doubt there was any way to identify people who by description, were found in chunks. I know that is gruesome but it makes me wonder if the plane went down due to an explosion rather than weather. I suppose a mass grave made sense at the time but in this blog post states that investigative researcher Valerie van Heest claims the mass burial happened without the knowledge of the victims' families. I wonder who actually made that decision or where she got that info from.

Also found this little nugget, supposedly from a book by Antony C. Sutton titled Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler:

Northwest Orient Flight 2501 vanished from radar screens while flying over Lake Michigan on the night of 23 June 1950. Among the 58 people on board, who were headed from New York to Seattle, was William H. Freng, a vice president of the International Telephone and Telegraph Corporation. Was the plane brought down to kill Freng? ITT had much to hide: It maintained close connections with Nazi subsidiaries before, during and after World War II. In his 1976 book Wall Street and the Rise of Hitler, Antony C. Sutton revealed that ITT, through its subsidiary C. Lorenz AG, owned 25 percent of Focke-Wulf, the German aircraft manufacturer that built Luftwaffe fighter aircraft during World War II. ITT subsidiaries made cash payments directly to Heinrich Himmler, leader of the SS, and they aided Nazis in their relocation to South America after the war. At the time of the disappearence of Flight 2501 (1950), the plane's loss was the deadliest accident in commercial airline history. Divers and sonar operators dragging Lake Michigan found debris, but they never found the plane itself. Failure to find the plane prevented further investigation.

Sort of a big claim there, so it's added just for discussion. Tells a possible reason for calling off investigation but not who would decide on a secret mass grave.

I also have always wondered throughout my life if the Great Lakes Naval Station had anything to do with these stories. As a kid I remember HUGE ships rolling by on the horizon enroute to and from the base. Some were auto industry / iron ore ships and enormous barges and some were naval ships. They seemed to be reduced sometime in the eighties with the dying off of industry here and probably military budget cuts. Also, Kenosha, Wi no longer was a harbor stop as they re-worked their lakefront into tourist material rather than industrial, when American Motors dried up. As an adult I have to remind myself of the base because I don't really see the ships much anymore. If there are any naval officers out there who were/are stationed at Great Lakes in North Chicago can add any stories or info, please do

Interesting reading, thanks to all who've added to this thread!
edit on 9/29/2015 by shockedonlooker because: more info added

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join