It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Re-election: Stocks Down, Fiscal Cliff

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

you dont need shares to set up a pension fund, what on earth have they been feeding you. You pay money in and you get money out at the end. I dont ask for some banker to take risks with my money, infact I would have been alot better off if those bankers never touched my money in the first place.

The stock market is just a way to widen the divide in prosperity between nations.
WOW! Never have I seen such ignorance of basic economics. What do you think happens to that money while it is in the pension fund? Are little leprechauns dancing around waving wands to make the fund grow? This is a perfect argument for testing of potential voters before allowing them into the polling booth.
edit on 7-11-2012 by DarthMuerte because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

navy_vet_stg3 is right, the money does get invested. If the stock market crashes a lot of average folks stand to lose so much. However, I think much like yourself, many people don't realize how closely their lives are tied to the market.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

My analogy went right over your head...

Heres a hint it wasn't about food and starving people.
edit on 7-11-2012 by timetothink because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Osiris1953

And this is the exact argument for making SS voluntary.

Some people want to control their money themselves, instead of having the government control it.

link   
reply to post by lewman

Well you can never believe what politirats tells you in order to win elections.

The future of US is not going to be any better and for the Fiscal Cliff, if you have keep up with the real economic news you will not be so happy.

Automatic Budget Cuts Could Cause 1 Million Layoffs

I don't know about you, but increasing unemployment only decrease tax revenue and add to the economic problem so don't expect any wages increases any time soon.

www.usnews.com...

BTW Wall Street will get their money from the fed regardless and do no expect the super rich to be driving Hondas anytime soon or giving away their summer homes either They will just pack their companies and take them oversea as usual as is not regulations for outsourcing in the US.

The healtcare is nothing but a scam and that will be showing soon enough when your premiums are so high that you can not even afford to see a doctor but still forced to pay for the feesas it was nowhere in the healthcare reform that regulate out of pocket expenses.

Sadly the land of oblivion is just a peaceful dream land.

link   
reply to post by timetothink

This election was made about FREE birth control.....That I object to.....a whole election over someone else paying for your screwing is insanity.

Apparently that was the only issue you were paying attention to. Romney represented a specific economic philosophy, although he wisely avoided being specific about the details. He would drastically cut taxes in the upper income brackets, then slash not only discretionary spending, but entitlements, in order to make up for the further increase to the debt. There would be nothing he could do to prevent sequestration, so unemployment would go up. Cutting taxes on corporations might help stimulate hiring, but only after demand increases. Since cutting government spending would decrease demand, even that would be of no use.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
My wife retires at the end opf the year to save on health care and her retirement. Now she finds out being were fulltime RV'rs living on the road that she will be getting a bunch of help by just telling them were getting divorded . Don't really have to but just say we are and keep living together. Over $1k a month because were legally homeless. I make good money so the $$ is going to be turned into cash and tucked away

link   
Of course things will get worse.

Unemployment will go up above 8% now Obama is re-elected. Obama won on a message of big government and raising taxes when we have a 16 trillion dollar debt and a 7.9% unemployment rate.

Higher taxes and big government will never work in a global economy with cheap labor. There's too many emerging markets overseas for the "rich" to park their money and there will never be enough jobs or the kind of jobs needed to sustain this massive Government. The Fed has to print money, which weakens the dollar, in order to buy debt because foreign countries are not buying enough debt to sustain the Govt. greed.

This is why I have been buying gold for years. Under Obama, the Government spending will not be stopped because Obama thinks the Fed can print money to support his spending habits ad infinitum. People who support Obama, thinks he will give them more "free stuff." It's truly a fiscal cliff and under Obama we will fall off of that cliff.

link   

Originally posted by KeliOnyx
reply to post by xedocodex

All Doom and Gloom
. Never mind the fact that the market will perk right up once the parasites and vultures get over their bad mood. I swear just something for sore losers to cry about.

Indeed.

If I only listened to conservatives today, the stock market is crashing, the fiscal cliff wil doom us, the gays are taking over, dope heads run the country, women are getting abortions all over the place for fun, Trump is calling for revolution, Fox News contributors are blaming the break down of the family for Obama's victory, Obama barely won this election, and now, for some reason, Obama needs to compromise with Republicans because this was a mandate against him.

Reality is lacking this morning in a lot of people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

And this is the exact argument for making SS voluntary.

No-one is stopping you from making your own investments for retirement. Social Security exists only to help you out if you make poor choices.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   

I'm all for personal responsibility. I believe that putting on a rubber, or a woman taking birth control is a form of taking responsibility. I'd MUCH rather pay for that, than see the kid aborted, or placed into foster care. Wouldn't you?

Maybe I am "doing the same thing the left did". See, that doesn't bother me. I don't contact the GOP or the DNC to tell me how to think. As for why I voted for Romney, I did so because I think Obama is a dirt bag NWO shill. Not that Romney wouldn't be, but I think Obama owes someone something very big. I know nothing about the man, and that really bothers me.

Special legislation? I don't think they want anything "special". Just "equal". Why can't 2 adults marry...regardless of who they're bangin'? I agree though, I don't want to see churches forced to do so, if they don't feel it fits their personal religious beliefs.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

So I guess you didn't hear the MSM pounding it to people about the war on women?

Bottom line, Romney knows how to create jobs and make a profit, while balancing a budget.

Has Obama done any of this ever in his life? NO!

So it was time to try something different because his crap isn't working.

If he worked for a company he would have been fired a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

So I guess you didn't hear the MSM pounding it to people about the war on women?

I only pay attention to topics that are important. Social issues are important, but the Republican Party has been dragged to the wrong side of history by them.

Bottom line, Romney knows how to create jobs and make a profit, while balancing a budget.

Are you implying that the goal of the presidency is for the United States government to make a profit?

Has Obama done any of this ever in his life? NO!

The presidency does not create jobs. It cannot even pass legislation that can create jobs. If the economy is in a mess, blame Congress.

So it was time to try something different because his crap isn't working.

It was already tried, by Ronald Reagan It took eight years of Bill Clinton to fix.

If he worked for a company he would have been fired a long time ago.

Why?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by DJW001

In terms of the government, profit would mean spending less than we take in and paying off debt.

I don't want to argue with someone who supports big government and debt...you chose your leader....good luck.

This America isn't worth fighting for, time to clear my head.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

In terms of the government, profit would mean spending less than we take in and paying off debt.

Well, since Romney's idea of making a profit was laying off employees and outsourcing production to China, I'm not sure how well his experience would translate to government.

I don't want to argue with someone who supports big government and debt...you chose your leader....good luck.

I do not support big government and debt. I would love to see a smaller, more effective government with a well balanced cash flow. Unfortunately, this means higher taxes and less defense spending, among other things. Romney promised the opposite. Incidentally, I did not vote for Obama, although I am relieved Romney did not win.

This America isn't worth fighting for, time to clear my head.

Well, at least you're not a "My country, right or wrong" type.
edit on 7-11-2012 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

I'm all for personal responsibility. I believe that putting on a rubber, or a woman taking birth control is a form of taking responsibility. I'd MUCH rather pay for that, than see the kid aborted, or placed into foster care. Wouldn't you?

Maybe I am "doing the same thing the left did". See, that doesn't bother me. I don't contact the GOP or the DNC to tell me how to think. As for why I voted for Romney, I did so because I think Obama is a dirt bag NWO shill. Not that Romney wouldn't be, but I think Obama owes someone something very big. I know nothing about the man, and that really bothers me.

Special legislation? I don't think they want anything "special". Just "equal". Why can't 2 adults marry...regardless of who they're bangin'? I agree though, I don't want to see churches forced to do so, if they don't feel it fits their personal religious beliefs.

Sorry mate, but you and I have exact positions here.
Pay for birth control now, or pay for a lot more later. Its a fiscal thing..people who cannot afford birth control pills will be requesting welfare for their new kids, and suddenly the paultry sum of keeping the woman "fixed" will be nothing compared to the massive potential 18 years of large funding to get this kid even reasonably ready for the world.
Not to mention if its truely a rough upbringing (as welfare areas tend to be), it could be many more years of law run ins and such.

Cold ruthless math needs to play part here...personal responsibility is nice lip service that is meaningless. People won't stop having sex..but, if available, they will have safe sex...if its not available..they will have unsafe sex.

Sort of a relentless biological instinct.

As far as the marriage thing.
Well, frankly, government needs to get out of the business of marriage. toss it back to the churches and only validate civil unions in the same way marriage is now validated. Legal and othewise..let the churches individually decide who they will hold their religious ceremony/institution for. Gov should never be supporting a religious institution as it corrupts both sides.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I'm off to cut my wrists now, because I never thought you and I would EVER agree on anything.
Just kidding.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by lewman

Well you can never believe what politirats tells you in order to win elections.

The future of US is not going to be any better and for the Fiscal Cliff, if you have keep up with the real economic news you will not be so happy.

Automatic Budget Cuts Could Cause 1 Million Layoffs

I don't know about you, but increasing unemployment only decrease tax revenue and add to the economic problem so don't expect any wages increases any time soon.

www.usnews.com...

BTW Wall Street will get their money from the fed regardless and do no expect the super rich to be driving Hondas anytime soon or giving away their summer homes either They will just pack their companies and take them oversea as usual as is not regulations for outsourcing in the US.

The healtcare is nothing but a scam and that will be showing soon enough when your premiums are so high that you can not even afford to see a doctor but still forced to pay for the feesas it was nowhere in the healthcare reform that regulate out of pocket expenses.

Sadly the land of oblivion is just a peaceful dream land.

Research much?

For tax years 2010 through 2013, the maximum credit is 35 percent for small business employers and 25 percent for small tax-exempt employers such as charities. An enhanced version of the credit will be effective beginning Jan. 1, 2014. Additional information about the enhanced version will be added to IRS.gov as it becomes available. In general, on Jan. 1, 2014, the rate will increase to 50 percent and 35 percent, respectively.

Here’s what this means for you. If you pay $50,000 a year toward workers’ health care premiums – and if you qualify for a 15 percent credit, you save … $7,500. If you save $7,500 a year from tax year 2010 through 2013, that’s total savings of $30,000. If, in 2014, you qualify for a slightly larger credit, say 20 percent, your savings go from $7,500 a year to $12,000 a year.

Even if you are a small business employer who did not owe tax during the year, you can carry the credit back or forward to other tax years. Also, since the amount of the health insurance premium payments are more than the total credit, eligible small businesses can still claim a business expense deduction for the premiums in excess of the credit. That’s both a credit and a deduction for employee premium payments.

www.irs.gov...

•Your insurance company can’t raise rates by 10% or more without first explaining its reasons to your state or federal Rate Review program. All explanations will be posted on HealthCare.gov and your Rate Review program will give you a chance to comment on them.

www.healthcare.gov...

The employer shared responsibility provisions, contained in section 4980H of the Internal Revenue Code (Code), provide that an applicable large employer (for this purpose, an employer with 50 or more full-time equivalent employees) could be subject to an assessable payment if any full-time employee is certified to receive an applicable premium tax credit or cost-sharing reduction payment. Generally, this may occur where either:

1.The employer does not offer to its full-time employees (and their dependents) the opportunity to enroll in minimum essential coverage under an eligible employer-sponsored plan; or
2.The employer offers its full-time employees (and their dependents) the opportunity to enroll in minimum essential coverage under an eligible employer-sponsored plan that either is unaffordable relative to an employee’s household income or does not provide minimum value.

www.dol.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

John Galt was the fictional character in Ayn Rand's novel Atlas Shrugged. He shut the motor down to stop the socialization of society. He stopped the indentured servitude of the producing America by turning off the motor that funded and drove it off.

The looters (corrupt politicians) and the moochers (those on the dole from the government) were left with nothing to fuel their socialized economy anymore.

edit on 11-7-2012 by Valhall because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
lower stocks for the rich, higher wages for the poor and free decent medical care ...

Stealing money earned from the earners ...
Giving to the non productive simply because they are there ...
And there is no such thing as 'free decent medical care' ..
Somewhere someone always has to pay for it.
If you force the productive to pay for everyone else's life .. then the productive
are SLAVES TO THE STATE. Nothing more.

AND ATLAS WILL SHRUG.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join