It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Re-election: Stocks Down, Fiscal Cliff

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
History repeats itself. Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43, and now Obama. It's actually an insult to those Presidents to place Obama along side them. Presidents always do worse in their second term. I am not optimistic and Obama will have a chance of appointing 5 Supreme Court Justices during his tenor. Stocks are already falling. Obamacare will be fully implemented. There will be even more horrific surprises coming. I just can't wait. And winning with 10 million less votes than last time does not prove you have a mandate. Good luck Obama.

Stocks opened sharply lower Wednesday in the wake of President Barack Obama's re-election, triggered by worries over the looming "fiscal cliff" and as fears over Europe resurfaced.

This is just the beginning. We deserve it.

Stocks Tumble 1% Amid 'Fiscal Cliff,' EU Fears By: JeeYeon Park
CNBC.com Writer

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Who's John Galt?

If anyone knows where that portal is, let me know.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

Wow, no time wasted.

Republicans need to come to the table, they need to end their party of "no" meme and actually get to legislating.

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's a reflection on our US society as a whole......or of 50% anyway.

Free birth control and gay marraige trumps freedom and the economy....real smart.

The takers are tipping the scale, by next election they will out number the makers.

Tell me what food will be left after we eat all the rich?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:15 AM
link   
lower stocks for the rich, higher wages for the poor and free decent medical care for those who would normally go without, aaaggghhh we must all be doomed. I just wish we could swap it for more outsourcing and higher share prices to keep the bentleys on the drives of the better more hard working people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverse

I see that the stock market will have a problem with the health care scam but no the banksters and big WallStreet mobsters.

But you have to remember that this may be nothing but another signal to the Fed to add more to the July implementation of Q3, I read already that Wall Street wants a Q4 as the 40 billion dollars of money that they are getting a month was not enough for to stop the recession.

QE4? The Big Wall Street Banks Are Already Complaining That QE3 Is Not Enough

theeconomiccollapseblog.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Maybe you guys can get some free government cheese with that whine. My guy only got 1%. Let's face it, any party that cannot run an effective campaign to beat an Administration in THIS economic climate most certainly isn't capable or qualified to run the country. Suck it up. You bet on losers. They put their own agenda ahead of the good of the country and it came back to bite them. I'll bet Ron Paul is looking pretty good right now, huh?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
History repeats itself. Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43, and now Obama. It's actually an insult to those Presidents to place Obama along side them. Presidents always do worse in their second term. I am not optimistic and Obama will have a chance of appointing 5 Supreme Court Justices during his tenor. Stocks are already falling. Obamacare will be fully implemented. There will be even more horrific surprises coming. I just can't wait. And winning with 10 million less votes than last time does not prove you have a mandate. Good luck Obama.

Stocks opened sharply lower Wednesday in the wake of President Barack Obama's re-election, triggered by worries over the looming "fiscal cliff" and as fears over Europe resurfaced.

This is just the beginning. We deserve it.

Stocks Tumble 1% Amid 'Fiscal Cliff,' EU Fears By: JeeYeon Park
CNBC.com Writer

Obviously you don't follow the financial markets daily or you would have known why this is happening.

There was notable strength Tuesday in stocks and sectors that are seen as favorable if Romney wins, including coal, energy and defense shares. But with volume again below average, moves in those sectors could have been inflated.

The Dow Jones industrial average rose 133.24 points, ending at 13,245.68. The Standard & Poor's 500 index was up 0.79 percent, at 1,428.39. The Nasdaq composite index was up 0.41 percent, at 3,011.93. -- Reuters

www.newsday.com...

Stocks rose 1% yesterday based on a Romney win. Today is a correction for the shorts yesterday combined with the " fiscsal cliff " and the bad financial news from Germany.

European shares reversed course on Wednesday after data showed weak German industrial production. European indexes had rallied in the morning session after U.S. President Barack Obama won re-election.

www.cnbc.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
What was Romney's plan to avoid the "fiscal cliff" again? Oh, he never said. Doesn't matter now anyway. Anyone sitting in the Oval Office when the sequestrations begin will be held responsible for the uptick in unemployment that will accompany it. Romney got the better deal by losing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by alternateuniverse
History repeats itself. Nixon, Reagan, Clinton, Bush 43, and now Obama. It's actually an insult to those Presidents to place Obama along side them.

I suppose the rest are debatable, but the fact that you are insinuating that Nixon is somehow better than Obama is just insulting. No matter what you believe that is an unfair comparison.

Stocks down 1%... yeah that happens. It's really not that scary. BTW as much as I love CNBC and I really do love them, especially for their Million Dollar Portfolio challenge, they tend to put a conservative spin on things... don't panic...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

The only reason why gay marriage and birth control would be an issue is because the Republicans can't seem to get the hell out of people's bedrooms. Look, I voted for Romney (actually, I voted against Obama...as I was a Ron Paul supporter), but I'm sick and tired of the Republican party trying to legislate the Old Testament. Seriously, it's bad policy. I get tired of the "no big government" rhetoric, only to have them try and have 'big government" tell some gay couple that they're a second class citizen. I get tired of them professing to know what God wants. It's not MY place to judge a homosexual. I think the act itself is disgusting, but I'm not going to tell anyone else what they can and can't do in their own home. Abortion? Get over it. It's settled law. If you don't like abortion, don't have one. Same for guns. Don't like guns? Don't have one.

Until the Republican party TRULY supports limited government, they're going to have problems. Face it, people like to screw. I like to screw, everyone on here likes to screw. It's human nature, and if the Republican party is going to be the "only have sex if you're married" party, they're done.

Now, onto the subject at hand...stocks and the fiscal cliff. These are real issues. Everyone's 401K is taking a beating today. PERA is being crushed. What the union people don't seem to understand is that their pensions are tied up in STOCKS, and when stocks fall, their pensions will suffer. My problem with Democrats is that they seem to have an inherent hatred for anyone else making a profit...other than themselves, of course. They punish success, and reward failure. They take money from people who have put it all on the line to build a business, and give that money to people who would rather sit at home and crank out kids, not work, and get high.

I have serious issues with both parties, which is why I chew Copenhagen as often as possible. The faster I can get stomach cancer and die, the better. I have no faith in this country or its people.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by lewman
lower stocks for the rich, higher wages for the poor and free decent medical care for those who would normally go without, aaaggghhh we must all be doomed. I just wish we could swap it for more outsourcing and higher share prices to keep the bentleys on the drives of the better more hard working people.

Have a 401k? Pension? Do you think the "rich" are the only ones in the stock market? Wow.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

When the world thinks of America they do not think of a lack of food. My guess is many americans could live for years on just their own personel blubber, and before any people start making excuses and getting angry, maybe you should go tell them to the starving kids in nations not so well off in the pizza and hamburger stakes.

Food shortages happen because many people eat too much and the imf takes all the poorer nations stockpiles for unpaid debts on tanks and jets etc... if everyone stuck to the 2500 calories a day the food shortages would probably never happen as there would be plenty in reserve.

But then we have programmes like man vs food that make it cool to be obese, and then people try and blame these problems on a single guy who is just a front man for a political party. What is wrong with you people!!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Elohim does not approve

2nd

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

you dont need shares to set up a pension fund, what on earth have they been feeding you. You pay money in and you get money out at the end. I dont ask for some banker to take risks with my money, infact I would have been alot better off if those bankers never touched my money in the first place.

The stock market is just a way to widen the divide in prosperity between nations.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Considering a number of big banks were backing Romney, and tech and education were backing Obama, it might be a good time to buy Google, Apple shares and short Goldman Sachs.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by xedocodex

All Doom and Gloom
. Never mind the fact that the market will perk right up once the parasites and vultures get over their bad mood. I swear just something for sore losers to cry about.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lewman

You pay in, the fund INVESTS in stocks, bonds, etc. It doesn't just sit in an account somewhere. It's invested. Do you really not understand that? Amazing.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Clinton says You get the BJs second term

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

I don't give a darn who screws who, when or where.

This election was made about FREE birth control.....That I object to.....a whole election over someone else paying for your screwing is insanity.

It comes down to the party of personal responsibility and the party of the government is responsible for me.

You are doing the same thing the left did and then you say you voted for Romney? Why?

I believe the state shouldn't be involved in marriage ceremonies....and they shouldn't force religious institutions to perform marriages that are against their views....

The whole gay marriage thing is a red herring that shouldn't be a government problem.

If they don't want anyone getting their noses in their bedroom then quit telling everyone your sexual habits......I don't walk around saying. " I'm straight and proud, I sleep with men, give me special legislation".

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join