It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Obama Re-elected for 4 more years

Quote..

My fellow Americans, ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world, ask not what America will do for you, but what, together, we can do for the freedom of man.

End Quoted by John F Kennedy in 1961

Now you have 2 ways to go on about the next 4 years

Whingeing about how life sucks because of our president

OR

Finding ways to contribute to society

Is contributing to society in a manner of whingeing about how bad the president has done the last 4 years really a positive contribution? Not in my opinion, You may say it brings awareness to those that don't really know the president, Yes it does bring awareness but then what? wait for tomorrow and start whingeing again?.. I find the best & most positive contribution i can give to my country is putting down a goal on my new years resolution list for 2013 that will effectively contribute to the country with or without money

My point is maybe we should less criticize & do more contribution in all perspectives of fields...

Your Thoughts?

edit on 7-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

edit on 7-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Cant you all do both? aha.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:06 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

I contribute to society every day. I work, pay taxes, buy products and contribute to the economy and I help people in need when and how I can. Is it to much to expect EVERYONE to do the same? I do not look for the government to provide for me. I gladly accept the personal responsibility that comes with providing for myself and my family. The problem is there are a lot of people who do not share that viewpoint and have an expectation that government should provide from cradle to grave. That is unsustainable and only leads to a society of people who lose their drive and ambition and perpetuates the same cycle.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
You should always remain critical of whoever is in charge. It is the only way to make sure they are doing the job they were elected to do. At the same time you can still be a positive member of society and contribute to your country.

Edit* I am not for Obama in any way, but since he is the re-elected president, I hope that he does great things for this country in the next 4 years. That being said I will stand behind his decisions when they are good, and I will be critical of him when they are not.
edit on 11/7/2012 by SpaDe_ because:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by peter_kandra
reply to post by FeelingPure

I contribute to society every day. I work, pay taxes, buy products and contribute to the economy and I help people in need when and how I can. Is it to much to expect EVERYONE to do the same? I do not look for the government to provide for me. I gladly accept the personal responsibility that comes with providing for myself and my family. The problem is there are a lot of people who do not share that viewpoint and have an expectation that government should provide from cradle to grave. That is unsustainable and only leads to a society of people who lose their drive and ambition and perpetuates the same cycle.

I completely understand & agree with you about not everyone sharing the same viewpoint, though i am just sending a message to those who have lost drive and ambition that has led them to protest against how low doll they get..

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
You should always remain critical of whoever is in charge. It is the only way to make sure they are doing the job they were elected to do. At the same time you can still be a positive member of society and contribute to your country.

Edit* I am not for Obama in any way, but since he is the re-elected president, I hope that he does great things for this country in the next 4 years. That being said I will stand behind his decisions when they are good, and I will be critical of him when they are not.
edit on 11/7/2012 by SpaDe_ because:

Yes i agree with making sure the person who us (citizens) elected to become president remember who really takes charge.

I myself was & still will be a Mitt Romney Supporter, I have loads of family & friends that all talk how bad Obama has done the last 4 years... witch sucks because now it puts them in a mindset that they will think there is no hope for the future, though as i said, i agree with what you said before about being critical on certain policy's of Obama, the benefits of gaining criticism in large crowds are putting pressure on Obama enabling him to consider consciously whether it's a wise idea not to bite the hand who feeds him (The people who elected him)
edit on 7-11-2012 by FeelingPure because: missing words

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Individual liberty - one of the main tenets this country was founded on - does not require the individual to be beholden to the government of this country for anything. In fact, it is the other way around.

Get it straight.

top topics

join