It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama victory spells trouble for Israel's Netanyahu

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   

ca.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces an even more awkward time with Washington and re-energized critics at home who accused him on Wednesday of backing the loser in the U.S. presidential election.

With Iran topping his conservative agenda, Netanyahu will have to contend with a strengthened second-term Democratic president after four years of frosty dealings with Barack Obama and a rift over how to curb Tehran's nuclear program.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It appears that more people in the global context have voiced their disappointment with the recent election results. The comments from Natanyahu seem to promote the idea of a more extensive relationship between Israel and the US Republican party that many of us have made mention to.

Romney would have been a good Ally for Benji to have in the White house. Regardless, the Prime minister has once again made his intentions clear to continue seeking US assistance with the Iran issue.

"I will continue to work with President Obama to ensure the interests that are vital for the security of Israel's citizens," Netanyahu said in a short, congratulatory statement hailing what he called strong strategic relations with Washington.

Having been met with somewhat of a cold shoulder by the Obama Administration, Benji finds it prudent to reiterate that following:

"If there is no other way to stop Iran, Israel is ready to act."

With this I fear that Israel, realizing that the prospect of a staunch US president supporter being dashed, may bring them to some final decisions regarding Tehran.

ca.reuters.com

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

Agreed IMHO Benji (Israel) will strike Iran in the very near future,they now realize the US is not going to war for them 4 sure now. Im not saying they are going to go all out ,although that is a real poss-ability,but overt action from the Israelis will escalate now they know ole head in the sand Obama is here to stay... I pray that my country can survive another term.

edit to add...I bet our enemies were backing Obama! just because of his passive optimistic foreign policy. just my opinion of coarse
edit on 7-11-2012 by paradiselost333 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Netenyahoo will continue to do what he wants regardless of who the puppet in the white house is..... and as always the americans will finance... arm and equip israel along with support israels genocidal agenda... not a damn thing will change....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:57 AM
link   
It just spells America will not be an accomplice for Israels tyranny.

I'm starting to believe people that voted Romney actually wanted 2nd "Iraq war" with Iran, along with a inflation, dead soldiers and increased tax.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs

ca.reuters.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu faces an even more awkward time with Washington and re-energized critics at home who accused him on Wednesday of backing the loser in the U.S. presidential election.

With Iran topping his conservative agenda, Netanyahu will have to contend with a strengthened second-term Democratic president after four years of frosty dealings with Barack Obama and a rift over how to curb Tehran's nuclear program.

Which is GREAT NEWS for the americans and for the rest of the world.

Now bibi can go on with his madness, along with his bff ehud barak alone... them two, against the world. Almost sounds like those cheesy love songs.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
reply to post by FraternitasSaturni

In theory I agree, but I can't help but feel sorry for all the innocent people that would be killed because of that lunatic.....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I guess zionist are not in control of american presidential election as once thought of!

Israel wanted a conservative U.s for there war purpose sissy-fight against Iran. That obviously failed, now Israel is going to be on its own

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

edit to add...I bet our enemies were backing Obama! just because of his passive optimistic foreign policy. just my opinion of coarse

Yes, because trying to use diplomacy instead of bombing a nation into the darkages is just silly right? Passive? What the hell are you talking about?

Afghanistan. Iraq. Syria. Libya. ETc ETc

This administration has been anything BUT passive. you are out of touch with reality.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

To be honest, I think it was just for show, to help clinch the second term. I guess we have to wait and see what obama's true face is, now that he don't have to worry about reelection. See if he stands firm. Will be interesting, maybe scary, who knows.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jordan River
I guess zionist are not in control of american presidential election as once thought of!

Israel wanted a conservative U.s for there war purpose sissy-fight against Iran. That obviously failed, now Israel is going to be on its own

certainly not for lack of trying, when you look at romney's top ten campaign donors, which if i remember correctly, included mostly the top global financial institutions, ie. barklays, jpm, citibank and so on. maybe now we can get rid of the banking cartel and get on with living instead of surviving.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Obvious the jewish conspiracy doesn't exist, the next 4 years i the most crucial in the middle east, Iran, Palestine and Israel. Not to mention Hamas, Assad and did I mention terorrist?

Come on, TPTB are obviously not Jewish because they did not defend their interest, OR major war will break out soon

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

IMO, the jews, like everyone else are just a tool used. They use whatever tool is convenient at the time. Of course I could just be crazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

Is that what you really believe? The US and Canada, as well as the UK to an extent, has pledged unwavering support for Israel, whatever it takes.

Sure, Israel would have preferred to have US backing. They don't. But they know full well once the bombs start dropping the US will be forced to protect their interests in the region. This is all a game of chess and bibi is a very good chess player.

Romney lost this election to himself. He's clearly insane and out of touch with reality, but honestly, it was his presidency to lose after 4 years of Obama. I think Obama has a clear head when it comes to Israel.

Romney would have sold out US foreign policy to Israel, Obama is looking at the big picture, and how it will relate to the US. Another war, specifically against Iran, will basically be the final nail in the coffin of the American Century. The us infrastructure is crumbling, yes, steps are being taken, things are starting to look up, but I seriously doubt the US's ability to wage yet another war.

War with Iran is war with Russia and China. Israel either ignores this, or simply doesn't care. The US, however, NEEDS to continue this fake friendship with China. China owns the US, so much of the debt it's scary, they can't afford to make them the enemy just yet, at least not until Russia is neutralized.

But you didn't think the US would actually pay that debt to China did you? Because that was never the plan, war is the plan, war will erase all of that debt in a hurry.

Israel will be feeling the pressure right now, enough so that they might just go ahead and strike, and the rest of the world will hear about it after the fact, just like Iraq in the 80s.

The problem here is, Israel simply can't completely eliminate Iran's defenses instantly. Iran will retaliate, Iran will close the gulf for shipping, oil prices will skyrocket.

This will be horribly bad even before you factor in the millions of deaths we can be expecting.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by MDDoxs

I bet the Israelis are crying right now, having a Muslim American president that now have enough collateral like his predecessor on his second term to pay out his pimps so Obama now can pay out his foreign Islamic Interest.

Israel no only should be sad but very, very afraid.

The Muslim brotherhood is going to cash out very soon on the second term of Obama.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:33 AM
link   
reply to post by phishyblankwaters

You scare me dude. You talk like it is just a game. Then, I suppose it is a game to those psychopaths in charge, their kids aren't going to be fighting in any wars, what do they care, right?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Romney could just act like he won the election and continue to deal with Netanyahu.

Kind of like what happened here in Canada when losing Conservative candidates just went ahead and started conducting government business in their ridings anyway, bypassing the winning candidates.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
The great thing about this is that the stage now seems to be set for Ezekiel 38. That will be awesome to see.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Obama is not going to go against his people. Lets not for get that his mum was jewish. She also worked in the banking industry. He is just a puppet and will do what he is told.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:37 AM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Obama’s reelection certainly threw a wrench into someone’s plans.

US interests were not the only ones at stake this election. If you step back and look at the global picture, the Romney administration represented a whole new take on foreign policy and I believe that some were planning on taking advantage of that.

However, the same could been said for Obama remaining in power. Perhaps some groups will take advantage of his administration’s stance, or lack of stance, with regards to sensitive issues.

Either way, I expect 4 more years of what we saw in the previous 4 years with regards to Obama’s foreign policy and may have avoided a drastically different outlook, good or bad, with Romney.

edit on 7-11-2012 by MDDoxs because: (no reason given)

<<   2  3  4 >>

join