It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

35 of 36 countries polled wanted Obama to win - guess who did not:

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by SucksMulder
China!

Anectdotally, Israel (although absent from this poll) has also been mentioned as one of the very few nations that, too, would have preferred Romney as president.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes level perspicasity to know what is implied here...
edit on 7-11-2012 by SucksMulder because: (no reason given)

That's funny, just yesterday I saw a UK journalist who had dinner with someone with links to Chinese governing party and the suggestion was that China preferred Obama, because they viewed him as more malleable, more level-headed and more morally driven than Romney.

And what? The BS alarm didnt go off in that head of yours?

We have been trained to look outside of our own press......you know the UK press has no reason to be slanted.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Larry L
Not a surprise at all. Most countries want America to fall.

You are wrong about that.

It is this kind of paranoid "everyone hates me" type of idea that actually causes our famous American arrogance.

Arrogance is a defense used by those with a lack of confidence.

Nobody is fooled into taking it for real self confidence. Most countries would like to see us stop being paranoid.
They don't want to us fall or fail, or be destroyed.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

who cares what the rest of the world wants - the american electorate should elect thierchoice of president

Appropriate usename.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bluesma

It is this kind of paranoid "everyone hates me" type of idea that actually causes our famous American arrogance.

Nobody is fooled into taking it for real self confidence. Most countries would like to see us stop being paranoid.

I dont know honey. When you take into account why most americans found their way here from thier homelands its no wonder they may have a chip on their shoulder for the rest of the world.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SucksMulder

Shen added: "People claim if Romney is in power, the next day he will tackle China for manipulating the currency. It's a joke. Romney will be China's best friend because he will not honour his threats."

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:25 AM
link   

Not a surprise at all. Most countries want America to fall. Why would China want America to fall when most of their economic growth comes from selling their goods to the US? Common sense, really. America has done horribly under Obama, so countries that hate the US (which is most of them), LOVE Obama.

reply to post by Larry L

So was it the crack that your mother smoked that left you brain damaged?

LoL!

Or is it your own fault for getting high off of glue and sharpies that destroyed 99% of your brain cells?

HaHaHaHaHa!!!!!!!

Ahhh, good idea.....create new accounts to be able to personally insult people and be a complete troll when someone you disagree with is 100% right so you have no argument, and have no worries about getting your main accound BANNED.....which is what you should be. I SOOOO miss the days of IP bans which completely took care of the lowlifes on forums all over the web. Oh well. I take solace in the fact that I'm right. (as usual LOL)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   

No.

First of all. Are you saying people in a long list of other countries DON'T hate America? If so, you REALLY aren't paying attention.......or are in denial.

Secondly.......The "American arrogance".....as you SO eloquently put it.....came from the days when Americans thought everyone loved us, and wanted us bringing freedom and democracy to the rest of the world instead of having to actualy come here to get it. Americans in general no longer believe that and havn't since about 2006 or so. We see now that alot of the world actually prefers being ruled by despots, tyrants, murderers, terrorists and so on, and in fact resent us for it.

That's the American PEOPLE that have realised this though. Unfortunately our governement "leaders" still seem to hold those beliefs. But I assure you, when the few smart young Americans there are become the next generation of governement, things are going to be TOTALLY different. I guarantee you that they'll be saying "F YOU" to all the people around the world who wanted to attack us when all we were doing was trying to help these back-woods, dark-age, throwbacks. They're going to have a "Help yourself from now on" stance. And you know what.......everyone will be bashing us for that too. LOL

And if you're still alive in those days, I'm sure you'll still be calling them "Arrogant Americans" then as well.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:43 AM
link   
It was rigged

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   

No.

First of all. Are you saying people in a long list of other countries DON'T hate America? If so, you REALLY aren't paying attention.......or are in denial.

I gues we disagree then. I come to my conclusion based on my direct experience of people in other lands, as I am american and have been living in Europe for more than 20 years. I listen intently to their sentiments concerning us.
The american public has been largely manipulated by it's own government to believ they are hated because it is an effective way to bond the people together (using the "us against the world" concept) and it movitated fear and energy to be used in military.

I sat here and was surrounded by french people that LOVE the US, while I read americans claiming they were hated by them.
It was a LIE.

Secondly.......The "American arrogance".....as you SO eloquently put it.....came from the days when Americans thought everyone loved us, and wanted us bringing freedom and democracy to the rest of the world instead of having to actualy come here to get it. Americans in general no longer believe that and havn't since about 2006 or so. We see now that alot of the world actually prefers being ruled by despots, tyrants, murderers, terrorists and so on, and in fact resent us for it.

You illustrate perfectly and confirm what I said.
The arrogance is evident whenever Americans even try to say something balanced, like "Okay, we shall respect your boundries and not force ourselves on you"
they can't help but wrapping that up with a statement like, "Because we understand you are all inferior tp us and are just jealous." type of sentiment. (these back-woods, dark-age, throwbacks, as you so eloquently put it)

It would be neat if you took my assertion and decided to prove it wrong by NOT making such statements.
Boy would I have to eat my shoe, huh?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Please, I really don't like being called "honey" by a stranger. In my mid forties, a successful entrepreneur and head of a family, I find it slightly offensive. I am not a young girl. Perhaps you didn't mean it that way, so I respectfully let you know.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

Originally posted by SucksMulder
China!

Anectdotally, Israel (although absent from this poll) has also been mentioned as one of the very few nations that, too, would have preferred Romney as president.

It doesn't take Sherlock Holmes level perspicasity to know what is implied here...
edit on 7-11-2012 by SucksMulder because: (no reason given)

That's funny, just yesterday I saw a UK journalist who had dinner with someone with links to Chinese governing party and the suggestion was that China preferred Obama, because they viewed him as more malleable, more level-headed and more morally driven than Romney.
They believe that Romney is under too much pressure from his party and business, while Obama is more concerned with the welfare of his people (something the Chinese government doesn't really understand - sacrifice the minority for the betterment of the nation).

The Chinese want him in office because he won't fight back. I feel sorry for Taiwan.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

No.

I gues we disagree then. I come to my conclusion based on my direct experience of people in other lands, as I am american and have been living in Europe for more than 20 years. I listen intently to their sentiments concerning us.
The american public has been largely manipulated by it's own government to believ they are hated because it is an effective way to bond the people together (using the "us against the world" concept) and it movitated fear and energy to be used in military.

I sat here and was surrounded by french people that LOVE the US, while I read americans claiming they were hated by them.
It was a LIE.

You illustrate perfectly and confirm what I said.
The arrogance is evident whenever Americans even try to say something balanced, like "Okay, we shall respect your boundries and not force ourselves on you"
they can't help but wrapping that up with a statement like, "Because we understand you are all inferior tp us and are just jealous." type of sentiment. (these back-woods, dark-age, throwbacks, as you so eloquently put it)

It would be neat if you took my assertion and decided to prove it wrong by NOT making such statements.
Boy would I have to eat my shoe, huh?

Yeah, you know what? You're right. Those hundreds of thousands of people all around the world in various countries holding signs on a weekly basis proclaiming death to America.....it's really because they love us. The Americans being targeted in India in that hotel a few years back.....that was because they LOVE Americans. American reporters being beheaded.....love. American tourists in Iran being captured, tortured and imprisoned for years.....again.....THAT'S BECAUSE THEY LOVE US. The Lybians, mere months after we HELPED them overcome a despot they BEGGED us for help overthrowing, they turn around and kill our ambassador whose done nothing but help these people......... that was an expression of their warm-hearted feelings for America. China.....of all the friggin' places in the world, after all we've done for them and let them do to us and turn the other cheek, going on the public stage and blaming US for human rights violations....another example of love. The U.N. ignoring American law and coming into our country to monitor this last election out of all the crooked election going on in the world, they threaten OUR sovereignty when we are one of the few countries in the world in which people's votes MAY actually matter.....it's because they LOVE us. Somalia.....love. When I spent 3 months in England, whenever someone heard me talking in my American accent, immediately saying things like "American wanker" and taking every chance to ask me insulting questions about America and being American for no other reason other than me being there.....it was because they LOVED ME, YAY!!!!

Are you kidding me, or what? You ever think that maybe the reason you've had such a WONDERFUL experience durring your 20 years in Europe had SOMETHING to do with you being a "hot chick"? Or are you oblivious to that little fact of life too? My sister with her equally American accent never got insulted every time she was out on the town in England. Quite the opposite, she was getting hit on every 2 seconds. (I admit to having no issues in Holland though) Have you been speaking FRENCH in all your years in France? Or do you go around speaking English everywhere? That may "skew" your own little personal poll as well. Go to a country for a while wherein you being a good looking girl doesn't matter for a while.....Lybia, or Iran, or Syria, or Afghanistan.....you'll see how much they love us.

And as to your other point, you know what else? You're right there too!! It's perfectly normal and should be accepted by everyone that 11 year old girls in Islamic countries get legally stoned to death or killed by acid in the face by their family because she "dishonored the family" when she went to the "police" because her uncle was raping her. You're right, we shouldn't want that to stop because "it's their culture" and there's NOTHING AT ALL back-woods, dark-ages or barbaric about that! I only think so because I'm an arrogant American. We should have just LET Saddam Huessein use all those chemical weapons on the Kurds and Saudis....that was none of our business. WE HAD NO RIGHT to force ouselves upon them!!!!! Let's go to the country you now pledge your allegiance to, we absoluetely NEVER should have come to France's defense to oust the occupying Germans. You'd have a MUCH more fun time goosestepping your arse around Paris eating wienerschnitzel instead of having good times with your friends enjoying a nice authentic au gratain. Nor should we have tried to stop the holocaust, we should have respected those boundries.

I think you've been a little too sheltered from reality for your last 20 years in France. You seem to say an aweful lot of bad things about America considering you claim to be in a country that loves us so much. Just about every time we've intervened/injected ourselves into another country's affairs was in lieu of atrocities taking place, or us being asked to do something. Aside from Iraq-2 and Afghanistan stemming from 9/11, I can't think of many examples in which we took action in a country without being asked or to stop atrocities.

You are DEFFINITELY sooooo right on all counts. I just can't imagine what my arrogant American arse was thinking. I can only pray that some day I'll be just as enlightened as you are about the world.

Oh, and just in case you've also been sheltered from sarcasm your whole life as well.........this post has been CHOCK FULL OF IT.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Larry L because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Strange that the little Belgium is included, but the greatest country in the world
is not.. (The Netherlands)
I know that all the polls in Holland point to favor Obama. It has always been pretty democrat favored in Holland.
Also I wonder what the people in Puerto Rico would vote, becouse it might become a state of the USA.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Goedhardt because: Fixed some typo's, darn iPad

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
GET REAL! lol

China knows the election is rigged. They have their economic model rigged too. They don't care who the damn president is... they only care about who creates our currency, and what moves they're making on this grand chessboard called earth.

Triad societies, dragon societies vs european banking financiers / hermetic occult masons with the vatican in the damn middle.
edit on 8-11-2012 by cbankord because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-11-2012 by cbankord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:30 PM
link   
China and Israel would have preferred Romney (not that it would have necessarily changed their own plans much) because conservatives theocrats are always more trigger happy than free thinkers.

As such, China could have used such tension to get leverage the US debt they possess and the Zionists in Israel could have more easily pushed for the Iranian incursion they so lust for.

/spoon feeding
edit on 8-11-2012 by BeneathBaseStupidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Larry L

The statements I countered were about "everyone in the world "wanting to see us fall.

There is no doubt that there is some parts of the world and some factions (namely Islamic) that have a strong dislike of America, and would like to see them fall

The world is a big place, with a lot of people in it There are many peoples and nations that do not fall into that small catagory
. There are also many, many nations and people who are very advanced.
They have big skyscrapers, strong military, highly civilized intellectual people- even dishwashing machines in their kitchens! Some have technologies that the US doesn't.

The idea that outside the US there is only third world countries, who stone their kids to death and eat with their hands on dirt floors, all the while griping in jealousy about the Americans, is FALSE, and it is insulting to say that about people just as advanced as your own. It can only be seen as arrogance, as real self confidence would not need to make such assumptions or claims.

Of course anyone can find criticism of anyone- I can find weakness and fault in my own child, and still love him, think he is great and wish him only success and happiness.

Seeing a weakness, a fault, or a bad decision does not eliminate ones view of their strengths and talents and great acts. -Except for drama kings and queens, and not usually past adolescence. Let's move past the "he said I did a mistake, he hates me and wants to kill me" whining, shall we?

Here is a BBC World Service Poll of the global views and sentiments of many countries, towards each other.

Notice the positive sentiment towards the US is higher than the negative.

The only two countries to have majorities with negative views of the United States are Turkey (70%) and Pakistan (52%). Russia is also quite negative (50%).

European countries continue to have quite negative views of China, including Italy (72% negative), Germany (71%), France (64%), Spain and Portugal (both 54%) as do South Koreans (61%) and Americans (51%).

Look at a world map or globe... find Russia, Turkey, and Pakistan... then look at what is left.
A LOT of people. A lot of countries. And even in those three, it was not ALL of their population that had negative views of the US.

Specifically regarding the topic of this thread, it was noted-

―After a year, it appears the ‗Obama effect‘ is real. Its influence on people‘s views worldwide, though, is to soften the negative aspects of the United States‘ image, while positive aspects are not yet coming into strong focus.‖

oh yeah, and all that positive response there on the US? THAT's all because of me. The hot chick.

All the American Clubs that exist in every french town and city in this country for french fans of America? ME. They heard about ME. Yeah baby, uh-huh......

(you gotta be laughing at that comment of yours now, even if you have a hangover, no?
)
edit on 9-11-2012 by Bluesma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
lol! The Germans are still so popular overall, even despite their apparent 'ill deeds' 70 years ago. Ingenuity and assiduity goes a long way in most peoples' eyes, it seems. ...and them Panzer tanks are still the coolest military toys ever!

No wonder the Jews are so over-protective about 'holocaust denial' when, even to this day, they themselves are so loathed while their accused aggressors are so loved.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Not a surprise at all. Most countries want America to fall. Why would China want America to fall when most of their economic growth comes from selling their goods to the US? Common sense, really. America has done horribly under Obama, so countries that hate the US (which is most of them), LOVE Obama.

Paranoia.

The real reason is Romney came across as having a more abrasive attitude towards foreign policy. In a world where there's already several wars on the go and the risk of others starting including nuclear states, a new leader such as Romney of a country who's military spending dwarves the rest of the worlds and is known for aggressive military action makes people nervous. From reading various responses from different countries the most common one was a sense of relief.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

I'm Brazilian and I can say for myself and almost all my friends both in college and from elsewhere in life; we do NOT hate the US and we do NOT hate the american people. In most situations we actually admire you. Don't get me wrong, there's propaganda in other countries who wants us to hate the US; the World vs USA. And there's a lot of people who buy it. But from my experience with people from other countries, the great majority likes the US !

If you guys wants any examples from what is said in TV to what is taught in our school's grade about the USA, I'm more than happy to share with you.
edit on 9-11-2012 by theiceone because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join