It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did Obama receive the Nobel for Peace?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Obama is going into his second term now as President of the United States; congrats to him.

But I still don't understand why he ever received a Nobel?

Mean, what exactly did he do?

Those I've asked can never give me a straight answer or valid reason for it.

So maybe someone here can.

Almost feels like its a hush-hush type of thing where no one actually wants to discuss it.

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 was awarded to Barack H. Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 Barack H. Obama

He was barely in office yet his 'extraordinary' efforts to strengthen international diplomacy is what got him the Nobel

You mean efforts like these. . . .

The National Defense Authorization Act greatly expands the power and scope of the federal government to fight the War on Terror, including codifying into law the indefinite detention of terrorism suspects without trial. Under the new law the US military has the power to carry out domestic anti-terrorism operations on US soil.

President Obama Signed the National Defense Authorization Act - Now What?

. . . and this. . .

The president called the killing of bin Laden the "most significant achievement to date" in the effort to defeat al Qaeda.

Osama bin Laden Killed: 'Justice Is Done,' President Says

and probably a couple of other extraordinary efforts which made such a good example of peace to the world.

Maybe there is difference between what the world considers peace and what America considers peace?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The Nobel Peace Prize 2009 was awarded to Barack H. Obama "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples".
source

I am assuming he brought to the table a new revolution of equality between blacks & whites international.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

Four more years of complaining. (sigh)

Who really cares about whats happened at this point? Whether we ended up with Romney or Obama we have some serious issues facing us. Pretty sure neither political party will be able to make things right
edit on 7-11-2012 by Mike.Ockizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by FeelingPure

International? Really? You obviously think the world is America. Have a look at South African politics, Zimbabwe? Halloooo? Theres still pretty big divides between the two.

But sure. . . International, pfft

Where's this 'revolution', its actually gone further back in most places
edit on 7-11-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2012 by DariusHames because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

He deserved the Nobel peace prize, for the same reasons he got elected in 08, and reelected last night. I couldn't name them for you, because there aren't any, he has never done anything worth mentioning that I am aware of, unless you were to start naming off the list of negatives.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Youve got to ask yourself, who exactly is it that gives out the prize, and what is their agenda? Because the notion of obomba having a peace prize, is about as funny as having hitlers severed head under your bed.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportional
reply to post by Mike.Ockizard

He deserved the Nobel peace prize, for the same reasons he got elected in 08, and reelected last night. I couldn't name them for you, because there aren't any, he has never done anything worth mentioning that I am aware of, unless you were to start naming off the list of negatives.

Please note I dont/didnt support either candidate.

The reasoning for awarding the prize, best I can tell, Is that Obama was a breath of fresh air after Bush/cHENEY. The nobel awarders were overjoyed that we actually elected someone with brains. Kind of like "we the people" got the award. Just my impression.

8 years of Bush/Cheney and the overlords are responsible for Obama getting praise.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Elvis Hendrix

No conspiracy there. Just a dizzy high after 8 years of Cheney/Bush.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   

I believe the reason that they awarded him the Nobel Peace Prize was an attempt at a sort of International "peer pressure". It was to "put him on the spot" on a very public stage to try to guilt him into conforming to "the world community's" standards. To become a "peace-nik" and to roll over and make way for the NWO.

He did nothing to deserve the prize; it was awarded as an attempt at manipulation through "shaming".

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It was to tell all the idiots RIGHT TO YOUR FACE that it means nothing, and he meant nothing. " HA HA, see, we can even tell these morons that War is Peace and they still eat it right up! They deserve the reaming we have been giving them!"

Only three sitting presidents have ever been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize, and one after he was president, but after many more years of, you know, DOING things that deserved it.

Which of these four seems weird to you?

Question: How many U.S. presidents have won the Nobel Peace Prize?
Answer: The first Nobel Peace Prizes were handed out in 1901. Since then, 97 people and 20 organizations have received the honor, including three sitting U.S. presidents:

Theodore Roosevelt: Roosevelt, who was in office from 1901-09, was awarded the prize in 1906 "for his successful mediation to end the Russo-Japanese war and for his interest in arbitration, having provided the Hague arbitration court with its very first case."

Woodrow Wilson: Wilson, who was in office from 1913-21, was awarded the prize in 1919 for founding the League of Nations, the predecessor to the United Nations.

Barack Obama: Obama, who began his term in 2009, was awarded the prize just months later "for his extraordinary efforts to strengthen international diplomacy and cooperation between peoples."

The prize has also gone to one former U.S. president:

Jimmy Carter: Carter, who served one term from 1977-1981, was awarded the prize in 2002 "for his decades of untiring effort to find peaceful solutions to international conflicts, to advance democracy and human rights, and to promote economic and social development."

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

I don't know, you tell me?

All I can think about is Obama receiving it months after his election - after not doing anything.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

For not being George Bush.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by DariusHames
But I still don't understand why he ever received a Nobel?

Mean, what exactly did he do?

Just like,"How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll pop"....The world may never know!

p.s. And no, the answers not Three! (Stupid owl)

top topics

join