It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews: "I'm So Glad We Had That Storm Last Week"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
"The storm brought in possibilities for good politics" - Chris Matthews.

Naaaah he couldn't have really said that, right? Oh .. but he DID! Unfreak'n believable. Estimates now have storm damage well over 100 Billion $$$ and a whole lotta' people died. But it made for 'good politics' (for his side) so Matthews is happy that the storm happened. What a
.... (I'd say something stronger but T&C won't allow it)

Real Clear Politics Video

... . Good work for them. Good work for him. A good day for America. I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   
All sandy did for politics was cost it money and allow the presidents the "They care" vote. Well Obama anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:49 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He's a delusional, callous ass.

What he doesn't realize is THAT storm ain't over yet...

I think the issue will eventually turn negative for Obama.....and Benghazi will mire him for at least the next year.

The show's only started.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
I saw an exit poll that said 15% of the voters for Obama said the hurricane was a MAJOR FACTOR in how they cast their vote. This shows the attention span of America. Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:30 AM
link   
If Chris Mathews is correct that "The storm brought in possibilities for good politics" then maybe president Obama's re-election will be the "The [perfect] storm that opens many more possibilities for the republicans to play dirty politics against a sitting president for the next 4 years." Libya (+ the Benghazi scandal) and FEMA's poor response to hurricane Sandy come to mind.
Ohh ..and lets not forget Issa's bulldog attacks on Holder and the president on the Fast and Furious scandal.

Just a thought........not that the president Obama deserves all the hassle though........hopefully they will come to a Clinton type agreement for the next four.

edit on 7-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: spelling mistakes - sorry

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
No surprise here, I offer a quote from Rahm Emanuel to illustrate the mentality of all political figures and talking heads

You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before.

These kinds of people would use the death of their own mothers for political gain, so its no surprise they would rejoice in the suffering of the multitudes because it gives them a new avenue to screw us over.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Does anyone watch MSNBC anymore? It's clueless comments like this from Matthews and bubble-headed partisan hackery from Mica on Morning Joe that make that network such a flusher ..

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Chris Mathews is a giant douche bag. I cannot stand that guy. Yesterday as I was watching the many different MSM BS news, he made a crack that anyone voting third party was a fool... that there was only two choices.

I completely disagree. There are multiple parties to represent multiple people. If one of the two does not represent my views, I will find one that does. That is my freedom and I fully embrace that Liberty and that freedom.

Keep talking crap Chris...When the Libertarians and the Green party push out the Repubs and the Dems...we'll see who the fool is. It will happen. Maybe not in 2014 mid terms...maybe not in 2016. If the two main parties do not change, they will go the way of the Whigs and be replaced.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
He tried to qualify it:

I'm so glad we had that storm last week because I think the storm was one of those things. No, politically I should say. Not in terms of hurting people. The storm brought in possibilities for good politics.

But, still...

It's a great example of how politics makes people lose their freaking minds.
Especially this guy, you would have thought one colossally dumb Obama election comment would be enough for him. Maybe he got distracted by that tingling sensation up his leg?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeremiah65
he made a crack that anyone voting third party was a fool... that there was only two choices.

He embodies everything wrong with the partisan talking heads we are stuck with on TV.
He no longer cares about the freedoms America is supposed to be about ..
he only cares about furthering his own political quacking ....

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   

That was a pretty shocking statement even for him, but the other things he said were even more offensive.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

He embodies everything wrong with the partisan talking heads we are stuck with on TV.

He strikes me as a bobble head. His lips are always moving whether he has anything to say or not and his head is just kinda giant. I guess I have two things to comment on...yes, what he said was super-stupid and I have never really cared much about what he says.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl
I saw an exit poll that said 15% of the voters for Obama said the hurricane was a MAJOR FACTOR in how they cast their vote. This shows the attention span of America. Ridiculous.

Link to the Poll...ALL VOTERS...NOT "of voters for Obama" as you stated.

So ALL voters ...and 15% said President Obama's handling of the Hurricane was a factor...Over half said it made no difference.

A poll by a CBS affiliate in Kalamazoo MI by the way..

And a poll that also said..

The early poll says that 60% of voters are focused on the economy as their most important issue followed by health care at 17%, deficit at 15% and foreign policy at 4%.

wkzo.com...

Just sayin...GOPers complaing that the hurricane got the President re-elected is just excuses....having a platform that denies rape victims care or surrogates for Romney claiming raped women can't get pregnant??? Nah...it was that damned hurricane.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:59 PM
link   
The world is changing, maybe because of overpopulation, many people now consider life to be extremely cheap.
It's the " better them than I" mentality when it comes to death.
The sad truth is that many people now think like Chris Tingles.
That is why he will get away with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Sandy did help Christie put aside partisanship and make nice with Obama, and I think that benefitted both of their careers immensely!

It also gave people a reprieve from the 24/7 election coverage, and maybe helped them to get re-energized to be excited about voting Tuesday.

Of course the storm was not a good thing for those it affected, but for the health of American politics, perhaps it was a good influence.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   

" It's an ill wind that blows no good "

Perhaps he was attempting an idiom - but just came across as an idiot.

top topics

join