It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations Gary Johnson, 1,000,000 Votes (1% Popular Vote)

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   
One thing I have noticed is that a lot of people have said they have voted for Gary Johnson (me included). My guess is that it was higher than 1% but we will never know the exact number. That might be a real conspiracy in the works. The two party paradigm does not want people to know just how fast the Libertarians are growing and it is better for them to keep the "two party system" in the mainstream and block out the fact that people's views are evolving.

Just my $0.02

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Jeremiah65

That may be the case, but remember this site contains a lot of people disillusioned with our system and on top of that Johnson's name is used a lot here. Looking at this site as representation of voter views may be a little skewed. For every person who voted for Johnson they probably have several friends who don't even know who he is

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Johncarter12345

Being pissed don't help any. So yeah, better to breathe and let the crap go I guess. Not always easy, but what is right?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Everyone who voted for Gary Johnson thanks for giving Obama the White House

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

You're welcome.
Enjoy the next four years
edit on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 11:35:33 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Im against Obama and you cry babies becuase ron paul was out gave obama the white house

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by knightrider078

I believe you are the one crying here. Go tell it to someone who gives a crap about your partisan BS.

Bottom line is Ron is just a man. He did his best, and I salute him for it. He sparked a movement that will continue to grow. I supported him on his run, but I have moved on. If you think people that have the same principals as Ron does would ever vote for romney, just to beat obama, you are mistaken. They both suck equally. But seriously though, have a great four years. Maybe in 2016, if the US is still together then, we will have another person with principals to step up to the plate.
edit on Thu, 08 Nov 2012 12:41:39 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightrider078
reply to post by TKDRL

Im against Obama and you cry babies becuase ron paul was out gave obama the white house

What does Ron Paul have to do with this topic? This topic is about Gary Johnson.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Johnson/Ventura 2016!!!!....Well I can dream can't I?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Flow101

I could support that ticket

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Glad to be a part of this 1%...

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

Same here. I realize that man cannot fix the direction of this world however I like you could not in good conscience vote for either one. Its not easy voting for someone who you know does not have a chance to be president yet we have to start somewhere...

I applaud you and your husband for having the character to stand by your heart.

^5's

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Glad my vote counted!

Gary deserved it, even if it isn't the 5% he was going for.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
You guys have this already right?

90 minute town hall with open Q@A with Gov. Gary Johnson:

www.garyjohnson2012.com...

Starts in 2 hours and 5 minutes.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

That post
quote makes no sense to me???

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Ahhh what a thread killer I can be at times.

Anyway bumping this as we have 1 hour to go. Should be enlightening. I may invite him to join ATS.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Congratulations Gary!
I was not looking forward to this election. Ive voted 3rd party for my 2nd time now. I watched 2 minutes of the MSM craptacular debates and had to leave after hearing all the same buzz words and regurgitated garbage from the 2 clowns. Watched the 3rd party debates twice and was on the fence between Jill and Gary, Gary had such a bizarre birdlike angry posture. But then I tried to walk an inch in his shoes and realized I'd be an angry bird too if I was a politician with good intentions in the shark tank. Once I could associate with him I liked him so much more. Watching the 3rd party debates tho you see the difference the huge funding makes, Obama in a $3k worth of imported duds vs. Gary in his crooked shouldered Mens Warehouse special. 3rd parties typically dont look like theyre trying to win popularity contests, definitely no fashion awards there.

To all the left and righties arguing... listen to yourselves, this is what the guys who came up with this lousy 2 party idea want, i love you and forgive you for bickering, heck i fall for it still myself at times, its a hard fight to fight for what your heart tells you is right. This is not some dumb hippie telling you I voted my conscience, I voted for what made sense in what feels like a world in choas. I'm not buckling to the intimidation of people who think I wasted my vote, you dont anger me but I feel the need to show you a mirror, so you can see who you are. Then maybe you will ask some cool questions or add to a situation in more positive ways, maybe?

To whoever thought it was crazy for Gary to say he'd do all those fixes in one year... please, it's like you forget all the crazy promises every single mainstream candidate makes then immediately breaks once in office. It happens so much it is common practice and we simply accept it now.

And I agree with others that it seems like he should have gotten more than 1%... this election more than any others has had much more 3rd party interest. Ron Paul got my attention and made me look at what was really going on. His support will only get bigger in the next election, as will other 3rd party candidates like Gary. This country is getting pissed (some parts its too late), they know they are getting screwed over and are starting to realize we can't ignore the elephant in the room any longer no matter how much reality tv and ridiculous electronic gadgets you throw at us. I feel very strongly that the MSM knows this and is trying its hardest to hide the ugliest of facts.

The momentum will grow and so will the awareness. Bless you all!

Go Gary Johnson 2016!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by alternateuniverseThose were votes that did not belong to Romney or Obama.You must have missed that memo.Romney,Barry,Bush,Cheney,Kerry,... cousins.That would be the first in a long line of blatant clues that it did not matter who won the election unless it was either one of the frontrunners.I do not think it's because the powers that control the people are so clever,it is because the people are so stupid they do not realize they are being played.Try ancestry.com in 4 years to make sure you are not voting for the same cartel.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Just a million votes?

I can't truly believe only 1 million people are aware of the problems we face.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:05 PM
link   
-Thank You-

Lots of good input here everyone. One question, How many didn't vote because of the two party system? Did you all know there are currently 3 Supreme Court Justices aged 74-76? Obama already appointed 2 SCOTUS in his last term.

-Thank You-

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join