It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw My Country Die Last Night.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
And the OSCAR for most over dramatic Republican goes to.............................................

Good Lord honey, I could hear the "Hymn of the Battle of the Republic" playing in the background.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
I Agree with you 100% and that was VERY well said!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mpwaite
And the OSCAR for most over dramatic Republican goes to.............................................

Good Lord honey, I could hear the "Hymn of the Battle of the Republic" playing in the background.

If you don't like Battle Hymn of the Republic, you would probably like this one.
Ringtone for your phone

By the way, I am not Republican.
Here's Why
edit on 8-11-2012 by Nite_wing because: I like to educate the ignorant.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:00 PM
link   
The President of the United States is simply a mirror image of the people of the United States. By and large the people vote solely on which candidate represents their own personal beliefs and interest. I actually agree with Rush Limbaugh the last couple days: Obama was the Santa Claus candidate...how can anyone compete with free NSA stuff? Just punch that chad for Obama, secure boatloads of benefits and welfare.

If anything we should be angry at the populace, for getting suckered into this entitlement mentality. Fact is, we are well on the road to becoming another Spain or Greece: When the teat runs dry, Americans will scream and riot.

Don't blame me, I wrote in Paul!!!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hey, OP! Is there an airport near your house. Go there now. Get a plane ticket for another country. Start loving it there. Good bye.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing

Originally posted by phroziac
Op, you took the words out of my mouth. Nobody deserves for me to risk my life fighting the government. Im done with it all. i dont give a damn. i will be attempting to build a compound in northern michigan if i can buy the land.

You don't know how much I hate to agree with you but would you please build an extra bedroom for me?

Ok but it aint gonna be fancy
the cost is that you have to help defend it when shtf. however.....if theres a need to bug out from *there*...then theres nowherr to bug out too

I hate to agree as well

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TownCryer
Hey, OP! Is there an airport near your house. Go there now. Get a plane ticket for another country. Start loving it there. Good bye.

No need to be a jerk. We are the people who love our country and what it stands for. The true patriots right now are holding a 12 gauge in one hand and a cleaning rod in the other waiting for the s to h the f. You people, who love your illegitimate government, which is doing its best to destroy MY country, you need to leave now. Your kind will not be tolerated after the revolution. Give me liberty or give me death, i dont care which one. i will not live in a police state

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   
This post is complete garbage and the OP is a friggin liar.....

"i saw the country die last night", dont give me this #$%^ you saw it die 4 years ago, you need thicker glasses.

8o)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Isn't that just the spirit of optimism that's so needed these days...

Don't give up on your country quite yet my American friends.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

"i saw the country die last night", dont give me this #$%^ you saw it die 4 years ago, you need thicker glasses.

8o)

4 years ago? Did ya forget about the patriot act? more like 11 years ago

Atleast 4 years ago a reasonable person may have thought that obama would be a good president. Now hes proven he wont be, yet he still got voted in?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Well, I saw the republican party die even before the election. I saw that the republican party cannot even play fair with their own people. I followed the Ron Paul people as they were disrespected and had rules changed on them in mid-game, especially at the end of the game. How would you feel if your sports team lost because your team's fair play was called a foul, and made to forfeit because they would have won? Well, I am an independent, but I saw that Ron Paul was at the least an honest man. More than I can say about Romney! I don't want Obama in office any more than the OP (NDAA, etc) but honestly! I did not want Romney at all. The Bush shadow team with Romney as the public front this time...yikes. Get real, Bush brought Poindexter, and North and all that shadow stuff. Nice. I would rather have terrorists. At least we can investigate and send in the cops or military to get them. Those shadow guys are on our side? Really? Bush didn't even support 911 investigation or speak on record. Nice. Ron Paul was the only real guy the republicans had. Mr. Paul did the republicans a service by choosing to be on their team. At least he went to the game and played honestly. He was kept on the bench, or on the sidelines, or in the shower, or maybe down the street: behind the bushes, under a man hole cover. There he was kept, with camo paint on his face, lest he be found and disgrace the republicans with some honesty and constitutional integrity. RIP pub party.
edit on 8-11-2012 by nownow because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~widowmaker~

8o)

I got new glasses yesterday.

I won't let you kill this thread by responding in your manner.
edit on 8-11-2012 by Nite_wing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravisBickle451
I'm sure 100 years ago, similar feelings were felt by someone relative to that time.

The point being you're not alone. You're not that special. But thanks for creating a "me vs the rest" tone to try to help the situation. Actually, you're not helping and only want us to feel sorry for you. I'm sure you're a boatload of fun to be around with your smug attitude.

No doubt.

Meanwhile for GenX and later this is just always the way things have been. We never had the privilege of our parents being competent, capable, custodians of the country who wouldn't DREAM of asking their own children to foot the bill for their own indulgences.

Cry me a river, OP. Your country might have died...but I'm still waiting for mine to be born.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nite_wing
Now I am going to watch the stock market crash and my life savings disappear.

If you're gullible and naïve enough to put your entire life's savings into stocks then, frankly, you deserve to lose it.

'A fool and his money are soon parted.'

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:49 PM
link   

Chin up Nite_wing.
Things didn't turn out the way you wanted.
Not for me either. although I thought both choices were super-weak.
What that means for me, a fairly conservative guy, Is that perhaps the GOP may rethink it's decades old Philosophy.
Both major parties, in their current states seem to have similar agendas, just presented in different ways.
They both want control of your lives. Moreso than ever before.
They just want to control us in different ways.

Look at it like this. It might just be the swift kick in the rear-end that current "conservative thought" needs.

Something palatable may come of this. Like maybe Carl Rove tossed under the bus, finally.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
That's ok, because I saw my country crumble...but, to my surprise it was only an exoskeleton being shed. America has grown, and the 21st century may very well be an American century.

You'll be ok, man. You'll be ok. Love and Positive vibes all around. Smile, have fun, and go out and enjoy life. The stress isn't worth it, and you'll be ok. If you want to be miserable, you'll find something to be miserable about. It's up to you...but from me, you get love.

Chin up, buck up, and bask in the glory of the American 21st century.

Nice!!

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:42 AM
link   
We aren't dead yet, we just have a bad case of super atomic gonorrhea

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 05:13 AM
link   
I love the fact that there are grown adults who still think that a president has actual power and isnt controlled by corporate elites to do their bidding.

You guys serve as the highest form of entertainment, the deluded innocent.

If you are not quick enough to pick up on the reality of life you deserve to be taken for a ride. Thats natural selection.

Keep living in fantasy land and see how far you get.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
"We had liberated most of the world from dictators, slavery, and death in more countries than I could count at the time."

People thinking like this is what will kill USA in the end.
See -
US friendly dictators.
Wage slavery.
And how USA actively blocked UN.s efforts to end world poverty (and still is!).

Your problem is that you are living in a bubble.
Stop watching FOX.

Whatever...
edit on 11-11-2012 by Summerian because: STOP WATCHING FOX!!

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by TownCryer

There are three reasons I believe people re-elected Obama
1. They want to see a black man in the White House.
2. They want to see America destroyed from its original concept.
3. They don't want their entitlement checks disrupted.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join