It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Saw My Country Die Last Night.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:08 AM
link   
When I was a child, I never thought I would see my country die.

I was taught, as a child, that work, although seldom fun, was something that had to be done to achieve the things I desired as a child. I worked in the hot fields when I was 8 years old. I was taught a work ethic. I was taught to use a gun to get food and knew how to use it safely.

As a teenager, I remember how it was easy to drive downtown and leave my car unlocked because no one would steal anything from it.

I remember how proud I was that we became the leaders in space and were the first to set foot on the moon. Now we "buy" rides from the second place finisher.

I remember watching the news for truth. Now all I see is propaganda. None are to be trusted.

I was married before I finished college. I remember our big treat for the week was walking downtown to get an ice cream soda. I worked 9 part time jobs and carried 1.5 times the semester load to get by. My wife worked full time. We got a television for Christmas as a gift (small) and we would eat our franks and beans watching tv. When I graduated, I thought the world would be waiting for me with an open door. I was wrong. I had to start at the bottom at low wages. I maintained a career and worked my way to where I wanted. We saved enough money to buy our first house and were able to move up from there.

I remember being proud of the United States. We had liberated most of the world from dictators, slavery, and death in more countries than I could count at the time. Our military strength was second to none and no one would attack us. I lost families in the wars; uncles and cousins I would never meet. I lost friends in wars and saw my friends die in my job. For the second time in my life, I am ashamed of my country. I am embarrassed being laughed at by the world.

We could walk into our local congressman’s office and he would take time to speak with us. We could speak with almost any public official in our district, often without appointment.

Last night I watched my country die. There will now be a continuation of a policy that will destroy us.

I watched OWS and how ridiculous they were manipulated by those who wished to destroy the United States. I watched them urinate on the flag as if they were from another country. I watched them defecate in the streets as if they had no concern for those around them.

I watched as people demanded things for free. I see my neighbors out of work and expecting the government to take care of them. I see people wanting to be cared for from cradle to grave. I see them believe they are entitled to what other people have because either they want it or think they need it. They will steal, rob, and kill, to get what they want right down to a pair of sneakers. I could never imagine a person’s self-esteem depending on a pair of tennis shoes or a vogue jacket but that is the way it is now. There was a time when being given food stamps was an embarrassment. Now it is a social status symbol. So is theft and robbery. Work is considered for fools.

I watch people demanding jobs when they cannot add, spell or read and expect a wage commensurate with those who have worked for years. I admire those working for minimum wage at fast food places. They would rather work than take charity. I never give them any trouble even when they get my order wrong.

Now I am going to watch the stock market crash and my life savings disappear. I am going to see my only means of protection taken away from me. I am going to watch my country go bankrupt. I am watching one half of the people supporting the other half. I am going to watch what few industries we have left in this country being exported to third world countries where taxes are much less than here and these taxes will rise driving out what companies we have left. I will watch unions going into every business and punishing those people, if they have a job, being forced to join or their safety will be threatened. Unions will control businesses until the businesses are gone.

I am going to watch crime escalate rapidly; some from need and some from the belief that punishment will no longer be meted out because of race, or color, or religion. I will see law abiding people attacked for no reason other than they are of a different color or race or religion. Violence will be common on our streets because we have no examples of law enforcement except against a certain few.

As I watched the events surrounding this last election, I was ashamed at the name calling, lies, deceit, and outright fraud against the American people. I thought they were smart enough to see through these things but they weren’t or if they were, they voted on a single agenda that meant more to them than the survival of our nation.

I have now become anti-social. I have no desire to meet anyone nor do I have a desire to speak common sense to them. It is useless. I have no desire to be politically correct for fear of offending anyone. I could care less. I am going to become like everybody else. I am going to become selfish and rude.

I will laugh at those who think the country is going to change for the better. I will laugh at those who thought gas prices would never reach $8.00. I will laugh at those who can’t find a doctor. I will laugh at those who think this country could never fail. There is only one reason the election came out as it did. People are selfish. If there is a God, he has turned his back on America.

I will cry remembering why my country died but chances are, I will be laughing at you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Nite_wing

Awwwww. Look at you.

Okay, it's okay. Here now. *BIG HUG*

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Seems a little overly-dramatic, but hey, it's a rant.

I'd say lighten up a bit. It's not the end of the world, and even if it is, why go out sour-faced?
Life's hard enough already, no need to be bummed out over something you can't control.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I called my brokerage firm tonight. It was answered by some guy in Phoenix. It's 11 PM there.

As I was talking to the guy trying to get my problem fixed I could hear other operators talking in the background. They were getting a good number of calls in.

I put a stop order on all my investments. I expect the market to plunge tomorrow. I think a lot of people are thinking the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:26 AM
link   
That's ok, because I saw my country crumble...but, to my surprise it was only an exoskeleton being shed. America has grown, and the 21st century may very well be an American century.

You'll be ok, man. You'll be ok. Love and Positive vibes all around. Smile, have fun, and go out and enjoy life. The stress isn't worth it, and you'll be ok. If you want to be miserable, you'll find something to be miserable about. It's up to you...but from me, you get love.

Chin up, buck up, and bask in the glory of the American 21st century.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   
sore loser.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Grab a bottle. Cry it out. Smoke a cig. Then get over it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Our country has been dead ever since JFK was assassinated. That is when our country died.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm sure 100 years ago, similar feelings were felt by someone relative to that time.

The point being you're not alone. You're not that special. But thanks for creating a "me vs the rest" tone to try to help the situation. Actually, you're not helping and only want us to feel sorry for you. I'm sure you're a boatload of fun to be around with your smug attitude.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Yep; this country has been going to sh** for some time now

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
As I said in a few other places today, this is what happens when a candidate like Romney gets nominated. He has a flip flopping all over the place record, no enthusiasm behind him, and yet the GOP still thinks he's the best. This should have been an easy win for the GOP, especially with the % of unemployment at the moment......but no, they chose Romney.

Last year Ann Coulter even said that if the GOP nominates Romney, Obama will win.

thehill.com...

Conservative pundit Ann Coulter warned activists Saturday that if the party nominates former Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney in 2012, President Obama will win reelection.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreenGlassDoor
I called my brokerage firm tonight. It was answered by some guy in Phoenix. It's 11 PM there.

As I was talking to the guy trying to get my problem fixed I could hear other operators talking in the background. They were getting a good number of calls in.

I put a stop order on all my investments. I expect the market to plunge tomorrow. I think a lot of people are thinking the same.

Pre trades and orders look to have the market up a full percent........guess will see.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
I feel your pain. Yet nowhere in your words did you focus on the main culprit which is banksters. Mr Romney has no intention of new accountability standards for banksters. Neither does Mr Obama. Did you hear it discussed at the debates? You should give up your focus of the left/right dichotomy and pay attention to Max Keiser on RT. Follow the money. Our (and our international money printing system partners) banking system is insolvent. Thanks to the insatiable two year campaign for president we are all attentive to the wrong issue. Money is clearly above politics thanks to our supremely corrupt court opening the doors for free money to make the outcomes in the money class' favor no matter who is supposedly presiding over our economic mess. Our gubmint has the audacity to blame fiscal irresponsibility on the working class. All this while our banksters are enjoying the continued benefit of free and easy money only to support the lifestyle that they can afford with their ability to reap financial reward at the peril of our said republic. I give you all due respect as your frustration might be the value of listening to many people making more money than is fair to steer you in the wrong direction because they think their opinion is commensurate with their paycheck, hence sicklical(new for the dictionary). Watch Bill Still's,"The Money Masters" on Youtube and catch some Max Keiser and you will start to get better in tune with what is happening to your history/real time/future. You could come to the realization of the true hoodwinking that is being perpetrated upon you regardless of one's feeble attempt at political support/posturing.. Good luck, and I hope you break free of the misnomer you are feeding by believing the one half while despising the other half.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

Don't get me wrong: I expect pharma and Health Insurance to make out like bandits. We must now buy their products. Obamacare is intact.

I am in agriculture, which is heavily impacted by energy prices. The Keystone Pipe ain't happening. Green energy is nowhere to be seen.

Not to mention companies are cutting hours of workers to below 30 to ensure they do not have to insure them per the Obamacare rules.

That's the shake-out.

But I'm detracting. Yeah, I think I saw my country die too.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:01 AM
link   

The country has had a terminal disease for some time now. Unfortunately, under Bush, but even more so under Obama, we are in the last gasps of our dying breaths. A Romney win might have prolonged our life for 8 or so more years, but the end would be the same. We know now, the end will be quick, but painful.

Let us at least hope that those of us who believe in freedom, morality and responsibility will make it through the storm that is coming and can help rebuild a free nation.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Op, you took the words out of my mouth. Nobody deserves for me to risk my life fighting the government. Im done with it all. i dont give a damn. i will be attempting to build a compound in northern michigan if i can buy the land.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phroziac
Op, you took the words out of my mouth. Nobody deserves for me to risk my life fighting the government. Im done with it all. i dont give a damn. i will be attempting to build a compound in northern michigan if i can buy the land.

You don't know how much I hate to agree with you but would you please build an extra bedroom for me?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The libbies can gloat for now.
But what are the blood suckers going to do when the USA can't support them?
There will be riots but it will have nothing to do with this election per se. It will be because of the policies that potus will continue and the new regulations he will inflict.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   

I Saw My Country Die Last Night

Your/our country didnt die, we just have a high blood pressure, diabetes, ADHA and other problems. As soon as a leader that is worth being called a leader gets elected we will be right back and better than ever. Keep your head high and your powder dry

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

I Saw My Country Die Last Night

Your/our country didnt die, we just have a high blood pressure, diabetes, ADHA and other problems. As soon as a leader that is worth being called a leader gets elected we will be right back and better than ever. Keep your head high and your powder dry

Love the optimism!
If the wrath of God doesn't get us we might be able to have a comeback.
But, will we ever again get a leader worth being called a leader?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join