It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did Ron Paul give Obama the win?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
So we haven't heard anything from the media about Ron Paul in a while, but all his die hard write-in voters must have had some kind of effect on the election. I haven't even seen any estimates of how many people wrote in RP or other third party candidates, does anyone else know?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

not even necessarily Ron Paul but the republican/libertarians that went for the Ron Paul clone Garry Johnson...I would say it was enough to cost Romney the win but...who knows...I'm sure the MSM does !!!

I voted Garry Johnson...because I would honestly feel the same way I do now about Obama being elected as I would if Romney was elected...S&%*y...
edit on 7-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2012 by Sly1one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
From what I have read Ron Paul got over 100k in write in votes

Now Gary Johnson I have read many different things about. One on hand I am reading he got about 6% Nationally, on the other hand I am reading it may have been 1% Nationally. So I am really having a tough time finding the exact numbers on Johnson. I am hoping he reached the 5% mark, if he did that we will see a huge political shift in 2016.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by CB328

Yes he did the Republican party leadership really screwed up. If I was them I would be so ashamed of myself. They could have made this country great. We reap what we sow.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Not really. In Ohio the numbers weren't enough to put Romney over the top.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
IF all Gary and Ron's votes went to Romney.. He would have won.
FACT.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
IF all Gary and Ron's votes went to Romney.. He would have won.
FACT.

Which is why it's a good thing they went to Gary and Ron. Fact.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by CALGARIAN

Care to show the math?

Politico in Ohio with 98.2% counted has Gary Johnson at 48,126.

Obama at 2,635,790.

Romney at 2,548,899.

2,548,899 + 48,126 = 2,597,025.

2,597,025 < 2,635,790.

That's a math fact. What kind of fact do you have?
edit on 7-11-2012 by GreenGlassDoor because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by CB328

Yes he did the Republican party leadership really screwed up. If I was them I would be so ashamed of myself. They could have made this country great. We reap what we sow.

I guess you thought 2000-2008 were great and peachy years.

Where were you living?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   
good math i like it

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:43 AM
link   
That's right, blame Gary and Ron Paul for Romney losing. Seriously, take some responsiblity, Mitt Romney lost the election because of his policies and because he is Mitt Romney. Why do some people think we should vote for a guy and not a third party when we don't agree with anything that comes out of that dogs mouth. Simple fact, I voted for Gary Johnson because I like him and his policies, I didn't vote for Romney because he stands for everything i'm against.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17

Originally posted by SubTruth
reply to post by CB328

I guess you thought 2000-2008 were great and peachy years.

Where were you living?

You should read my posts.
I think they are all the same. Bush is a criminal and so is Obama. They are actually guilty of the same crime.

But by all means paint me into you silly little corner.
edit on 7-11-2012 by SubTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by SubTruth

Sorry that was a reply to subtruth and the last post was to everyone in general to the mood on ATS that anyone who voted for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul somehow gave Obama another term, And it's really stupid, people need to quit getting so butthurt that we didn't vote for there guy, we don't like there guy so therefore no vote from this guy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Uniceft17
reply to post by SubTruth

Sorry that was a reply to subtruth and the last post was to everyone in general to the mood on ATS that anyone who voted for Gary Johnson or Ron Paul somehow gave Obama another term, And it's really stupid, people need to quit getting so butthurt that we didn't vote for there guy, we don't like there guy so therefore no vote from this guy.

No problem it seemed pointed towards me.
Just to make it clear I think both parties are one in the same. To tell you the truth the only way I can tell them apart is by the people who follow them.

top topics

join