It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarians, YOU decided this election, we are the next SWING state.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
I'm not a Libertarian but that's how I voted. I knew that Johnson wouldn't win but I had hopes that more people would have made a statement against the Republican and Democrat candidates by voting Libertarian. Oh well ... at least I have a clear conscience and know that I am not part of keeping Obama in for four more years and that I didn't help Romney get as far as he did.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
What a failed argument that those who voted for Ron Paul, Gary Johnson, or other third parties should feel guilty for putting somebody else in office.

If everybody voted the two party system because they were afraid of backlash, we would be stuck with the two party system F-O-R-E-V-E-R. It seems that some people are SCARED to think outside of the box and submit to the notion that anybody who does think outside of the box are crazy becuase they're going to ruin everything with their 'independent thought'. It sounds like a hollywood movie where dictators rule with an iron fist and keep the people domesticated and apathetic by taking away culture and knowledge.

This country was built on thinking outside of the box and always questioning authority. How dare anybody intimidate others to submit to the two party scam.

All the Romney supporters are awfully quiet after his humiliating loss. I wonder who was unelectable all along.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by eLPresidente

Calm down.

I do not have a party. I think (and hoped) that Ron Paul would win. I was borderline rabid in my arguements FOR Ron Paul. He lost the primary and was no longer a viable option.

Elections are like tug-o-war (because America is stuck with a two party system). Romney was on one side and President Obama on the other. Third party simply added weight to the President's side.

As far as people that do not vote: The failed in their responsibility to the nation. For whatever reason they have, they have no say in anything political (and yes I do think they should shoulder some of the blame). Simply because left or right, they failed to fulfill a national obligation.

+EDIT - To be clear I said "you" as in the general population, as in the individual. Not "you" as in you personally.

Just like the title of your thread "libertarians, YOU decided this election.........
edit on 7-11-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

If you were indeed a supporter of Ron Paul, you of all people should understand what a principled vote is. After all, Ron Paul is the epitome of principle.

The fact that you still want to point fingers after its all over is very weird. You have no moral standing to blame somebody else unless you've done all that you could. It doesn't matter what party you are. You think Obama being elected was a mistake? you should've done something about it instead of blaming others.

Yes I stand by my title that Libertarians decided this election. They supported something else, they voted for that or stayed home and the result just happened to be something that SOME people couldn't stand.

If nobody stands up for the third parties, none of this would've been possible. You want everyone to submit to the two party scam to prevent an Obama win? Let's just all kneel down to the central bankers and military industrial complex overlords while we're at it because they've already won if they have everybody thinking that they have to play 'Two Party Monopoly'.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Petty.

Continue to use verbage to create a response.

- afraid
-SCARED

Fact is you supported the cause of President Obama by backing a fail candidate. At least the people that voted for Obama can stand up and say my vote counted. Seems to me that the libertarians are now President Obama's fourth largest voting block.

Why should Republicans be ashamed? Did they get 1% of the vote? Truth is nothing the third party did changed anything. 2016 will be two party, 2020 will be two party.

+did Ron Paul run third party this year? I can't remember. Seems to me he was trying to get the republican nomination.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Petty.

- afraid
-SCARED

Fact is you supported the cause of President Obama by backing a fail candidate. At least the people that voted for Obama can stand up and say my vote counted. Seems to me that the libertarians are now President Obama's fourth largest voting block.

Why should Republicans be ashamed? Did they get 1% of the vote? Truth is nothing the third party did changed anything. 2016 will be two party, 2020 will be two party.

+did Ron Paul run third party this year? I can't remember. Seems to me he was trying to get the republican nomination.

Petty? It is your OWN notion that voting outside the two party system is a guilty act, you are the one promoting FEAR, I am merely telling you how absurd you sound.

Read your posts again. You're arguing a moot point as you have no moral or logical standing.

You're STILL trying to peddle the two party system?

....petty...
edit on 7-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You state that libertarians decided the election and then say that they are not responsible. Which is it?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Fact is you supported the cause of President Obama by backing a fail candidate.

Romney also failed, last I checked.

At least the people that voted for Obama can stand up and say my vote counted.

By that logic, only the votes for the winner count, so Romney voters wasted their time?

Honestly, your whole argument is just illogical. Its an argument put out by the media as a scare tactic to perpetuate the two party system, and its clearly effective. Don't you realize how a representative democracy is meant to work?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:25 AM
link   
The numbers I have seen, though I am sure they are not accurate yet is that the Libertarians...i.e...Gary Johnson specifically...got 1%. That's a million votes...give or take. Not the 5% I was really-really hoping for. That would have made a whole new playing field in 2016.

I am a Libertarian and that is how I voted. I refuse to ever again "compromise" and vote for the lesser of two evils. I believe in Libertarianism and as long as they are around, that is how I will vote... till I take the big permanent dirt nap.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   

Calm down.

I do not have a party. I think (and hoped) that Ron Paul would win. I was borderline rabid in my arguements FOR Ron Paul. He lost the primary and was no longer a viable option.

Elections are like tug-o-war (because America is stuck with a two party system). Romney was on one side and President Obama on the other. Third party simply added weight to the President's side.

As far as people that do not vote: The failed in their responsibility to the nation. For whatever reason they have, they have no say in anything political (and yes I do think they should shoulder some of the blame). Simply because left or right, they failed to fulfill a national obligation.

+EDIT - To be clear I said "you" as in the general population, as in the individual. Not "you" as in you personally.

Just like the title of your thread "libertarians, YOU decided this election.........

Sorry - 200Plus...but, you allege (as some tried, true & universally accepted tenet) that people who did not vote, failed in their responsibility to the nation - AND are thus liable for any and/or all consequences of the result.
Got a question - I am in Texas... Romney won Texas... If I didn't vote...or...voted for anyone-other than Romney...here...did I fail the nation? What difference would it have made.
Did you happen to see the preponderence of "red" states in all the graphics last night... The vast majority of the states voted "Romney"... By the square (and cubic) foot, Romney dwarfed Obama - but one more vote (or - 10s of 1,000s of votes) for Romney, in every one of the red states would have made no difference to the outcome.
You may continue to hold to your "citizen's obligation" statement - but, I don't see it to holding much water.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   

You state that libertarians decided the election and then say that they are not responsible. Which is it?

Whittled down to your last line of defense.

Its easy when I have the truth, logic, moral, and history on my side.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   

You forgot Obama, you have him on your side too.

You supported Ron paul when he was running for the republican ticket. When he failed to get the nomination you jumped ship. You cast a vote that meant nothing and allowed President Obama another four years. Live with it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   

You forgot Obama, you have him on your side too.

You supported Ron paul when he was running for the republican ticket. When he failed to get the nomination you jumped ship. You cast a vote that meant nothing and allowed President Obama another four years. Live with it.

I didn't vote for him and I don't advocate any of his policies. How is Obama on my side. Let's use LOGICAL reasoning instead of emotional, ok? can you handle that?

So I'll ask you again...for some reason you conveniently ignored it the last time I asked and I wouldn't be surprised if you ignored it a second time.

How many hours did you spend to campaign for Romney?
How many phone calls did you make?
How many doors did you knock on?
How much money did you donate?
Signs made?
Bumper stickers handed out?
Anything!? anything at all?

You have ignored an awful lot so far, you couldn't handle being wrong so you go back to the emotional argument aka finger pointing. Now you're back to claiming that my vote was wasted...again!?

No seriously, how much did you campaign for Romney? That was the only way to win. If you didn't fight tooth and nail to deny Obama, you have absolutely no moral standing to be blaming anybody.
edit on 7-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:39 AM
link   
I'm not being emotional at all. That would be you.

I didn't call anyone on the phone, most people are turned off by that (and cell phones may cause cancer).

I didn't give any of my money to Romney he is a multimillionaire, while I am broke. (We shouldn't support the rich)

Do you know why many people don't like jehovah wittnesses? They knock on doors.

I didn't put up any signs. Eventually they become trash and trash goes in a landfill. I love the environment, I try not to destroy it.

Putting a bumber sticker on a car actually lowers it's market value later on. I don't see a reason to do this. Kinda like "keying" my guys name into their hood. makes little sense to me.

What I did do is talk to people. Hundreds. Not thousands. I am not so megalomaniacal that I believe i am going to determine the outcome of the American election. I explained (to the best of my ability) why People should vote for Paul to get him the republican nomination. When he failed to do that, I explained (to the best of my ability) why we needed President Obama out.

You however backed a Republican. Polluted the environment. Maybe gave people cancer. Gave your money to someone that has millions already. And when they failed to get the nomination, you made a "poo-poo" face and sabotaged the chances of the party that didn't have faith in your guy. Then participated in President Obama getting another four years.
edit on 8-11-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Petty.

- afraid
-SCARED

No that isn't a fact at all. It is a lie that the republicans put forth back in 1992 after being bitter that they lost. Now it is repeated as fact to deter people from voting 3rd party. Sounds like you are buying into the lie. Keep drinking the kool-aid, let the two party system win. I'm going to continue to vote Libertarian in the future and fight the good fight.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Krazysh0t

As you should. I in no way want to take away from anyones right to vote as they see fit. Support the party of your choice and I will support you in that 100%.

I don't drink any kool aid. I just don't pretend that 1% of a vote is a statement of defiance.

I also think if someone says they "decided the election" they should admit that they put the winner in that spot.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

Hey. Look. Libertarians managed to build up a million votes. Obama beat Romney by over 2 million. If we had given Romney our votes as you desired (that saying was created out of annoyance at 3rd party voters in the first place), it wouldn't have made a difference.

Even so, I request proof as to how a 3rd party vote adds another to the president's tally.
edit on 8-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by EllaMarina

I would love to see how many people voted for Elvis, or Jay-Z for that matter. A million votes is a spit in the bucket. 1% makes no difference.

If you see two kids fighting on the sidewalk. You become involved by helping the winner or helping the loser (I would help the kid getting beat up, but thats me). If however two kids are fighting and you walk up and talk to a third kid that isn't involved in the fight, you allowed the winner to beat up a kid. SIMPLE

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 200Plus

How were we to know who the winner was? For a while, Romney looked like he was going to come on top in the end. A vote for neither can well be considered a vote for both.
...Or, simply, a vote for Johnson.

edit on 8-11-2012 by EllaMarina because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

I will agree to that, if you agree that Libertarians didn't decide the vote one way or the other. Deal?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

I will agree to that, if you agree that Libertarians didn't decide the vote one way or the other. Deal?

Absolutely.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join