It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Libertarians, YOU decided this election, we are the next SWING state.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:55 PM
link   
You/Republicans were told that Romney can't win, especially since people only like him because they hate Obama. You were given a candidate that could win but you chose to let the MEDIA dictate your nominee.

I just tweeted these out and these figures don't EVEN come close to including the differences taken from Gary Johnson's candidacy. If Ron Paul was the candidate, Obama would've been demolished and the first GOP victory in California since Reagan.

@RonPaul received 117,100 votes in the GOP FL Primary The diff between Obama & Romney in FL is 48,262 to O #libertariansdecide

@Ron Paul got 111,238 votes in the OH GOP Primary. The difference between Ob & Rom right now is 29,897 in favor of O. #libertariansdecide

Not only that but almost every single swing state was strong Ron Paul/Libertarian turf.

Its ok though, the GOP is being taken over by liberty loving folks all over the country. A Constitutional America is definitely within reach.
edit on 7-11-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm still going to vote my conscience

and vote for freedom

link   

link   
^^^^

LOL! BOOYAH!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
I read this in a completely different way." ohio and florida have at least a hundred thousand voters' who know their head from their arse".

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

I still think Gary Johnson got screwed

I mean he should have gotten 10% in Ohio without much pain... Just saying

S+F as always

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   

That's really all I have to say on the subject of the world's most expensive puppet show. I don't think anything else needs to be said

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:02 AM
link   
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

It's all a matter of perspective. I read it as Ron Paul supporters agree with the policies of Obama enough to give him a second term.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:03 AM
link   
If nothing else it is a statement. Pay attention to alternative parties. We will grow stronger. This is just the beginning.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID
I read this in a completely different way." ohio and florida have at least a hundred thousand voters' who know their head from their arse".

Are you really saying libertarians (even Republicans that leaned libertarian) wouldn't have made the difference?

Interesting, you are not looking at the facts.

They were alienated by Romney's fraudulent election tactics and he paid for it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

You know you are telling the truth when both sides attack you. The Republican party sure is paying the price now.
I hope the true conservatives can see the truth and form a real third party. But sadly I believe apathy will rule the day and people and voters will just settle.

The country we live in is so far away from what the founding fathers had in mind. I bet they would not even call it America anymore.

TPTB have won. And not because Obama was elected but because the simple truth falls on death ears.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus
reply to post by IsawWHATtheyDID

It's all a matter of perspective. I read it as Ron Paul supporters agree with the policies of Obama enough to give him a second term.

Yup it is and your perspective is poorly judged. You won't find too many Ron Paul supporters that actually agree with the policies of Obama, go find an RP supporter on ATS that posts positively about Obama...go on, I'll wait here.

Romney and the establishment GOP paid for it. Judging by the level of your sourness, so did you.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Well maybe if we start now , maybe we can get more airtime buy 2016
start doing more parking lots of malls , shopping centers

try to get on a local show or something to state that there
needs to be equal airtime for all parties and if they say
well that would take to much time then state that none should have it then.

Start getting more involved in local meetings, get your voice heard

2016 hear we come!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by eLPresidente

Originally posted by IsawWHATtheyDID

Are you really saying libertarians (even Republicans that leaned libertarian) wouldn't have made the difference?

Interesting, you are not looking at the facts.

They were alienated by Romney's fraudulent election tactics and he paid for it.
why vote for one douche to help beat another douche? i was gonna write none of the above on my ballot, but then wrote in ron paul for president and continued to write in family guy characters whenever it was only rep and dems listed on ballot. freedom of choice.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   
And they all said Ron Paul was unelectable when, if he wasn't cheated in Iowa, he would've been the GOP nominee and easily won the presidency today Nov. 6, 2012.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Gary Johnson just surpassed a million votes.

Currently:
Obama 52.35 Million
Romney 51.89 Million

www.google.com...

Isn't that all very interesting?

Ron Paul/Gary Johnson just helped the libertarian party DOUBLE its support.
en.wikipedia.org...(United_States)

Year Pres. Candidate / VP Popular Votes Percentage Electoral Votes
1972 John Hospers / Theodora Nathan 3,674 0.0047% 1
1976 Roger MacBride / David Bergland 172,553 0.21% 0
1980 Ed Clark / David Koch 921,128 1.06% 0
1984 David Bergland / James Lewis 228,111 0.25% 0
1988 Ron Paul / Andre Marrou 431,750 0.47% 0
1992 Andre Marrou / Nancy Lord 290,087 0.28% 0
1996 Harry Browne / Jo Jorgensen 485,759 0.50% 0
2000 Harry Browne / Art Olivier 384,431 0.36% 0
2004 Michael Badnarik / Richard Campagna 397,265 0.32% 0
2008 Bob Barr / Wayne Allyn Root 523,713 0.40% 0
2012 Gary Johnson / Jim Gray TBD TBD TBD

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:40 AM
link   

Y'know, I'm getting real sick of this sentiment. A vote for who you feel best represents you is not a vote against anyone. It is what it is. It goes right in line with the whole "wasted vote" argument. A truly wasted vote is a vote for who you think will win. I have an idea, if you want our votes, earn them. Don't try to scare people into voting your way, because that's what this is.

You wanna know who really caused 80% of the voters to vote how they did? The media. I often wander if the two party system could retain its GI Joe kung-fu grip on our collective balls if there was no pre-election coverage at all.

Libertarians lost Romney the election? Good. We didn't vote for him. In case you don't know what that means, we don't want him to be president.

ETA: Amen, mrWendel :p
edit on 7-11-2012 by sine.nomine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 05:31 AM
link   

Did the RP vote put Obama back in office? YES it did. Congrats.

I'm not bitter in the least. The election doesn't play a part in my life. And when it does, that bridge will be crossed.

But knowing that a third party vote is a vote for Obama, you share the blame of anything that goes wrong.

You can't assist in one team winning and then say "nope, I wash my hands of it".

+edit - To be clear. I fully support everyone voting for their choice. America was once a great nation because of our laws and values. Each of us have the right, and more importantly the responsibility, to voice for our choice.

By "you" I mean in general. I do not want it to seem like this is a personal attack.
edit on 7-11-2012 by 200Plus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by 200Plus

Did the RP vote put Obama back in office? YES it did. Congrats.

I'm not bitter in the least. The election doesn't play a part in my life. And when it does, that bridge will be crossed.

But knowing that a third party vote is a vote for Obama, you share the blame of anything that goes wrong.

You can't assist in one team winning and then say "nope, I wash my hands of it".

+edit - To be clear. I fully support everyone voting for their choice. America was once a great nation because of our laws and values. Each of us have the right, and more importantly the responsibility, to voice for our choice.

Share the blame!? wow...seriously? Those that refuse to vote to reject the two party system, are they to blame too!? how far are you going to go with this? Please provide the logical explanation that a vote for one person equals a vote for another person who is not the original person.

You want something? you fight for it. You really thought Obama was bad? did you campaign for Romney? how much did you donate? how many phone calls did you make? how many doors did you knock on? how many friends, family, and co-workers did you destroy relationships with?

I made over 20,000 phone calls for Ron Paul, gave him hundreds of dollars and thousands of hours of my own free time, you want to sit there on your keyboard and say I gave the election to Obama? Maybe YOU DID, stop blaming other people for your own failures or the failures of your party.

The poster above you put it perfectly.

Originally posted by sine.nomine

Y'know, I'm getting real sick of this sentiment. A vote for who you feel best represents you is not a vote against anyone. It is what it is. It goes right in line with the whole "wasted vote" argument. A truly wasted vote is a vote for who you think will win. I have an idea, if you want our votes, earn them. Don't try to scare people into voting your way, because that's what this is.

You wanna know who really caused 80% of the voters to vote how they did? The media. I often wander if the two party system could retain its GI Joe kung-fu grip on our collective balls if there was no pre-election coverage at all.

Libertarians lost Romney the election? Good. We didn't vote for him. In case you don't know what that means, we don't want him to be president.

ETA: Amen, mrWendel :p

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   

Calm down.

I do not have a party. I think (and hoped) that Ron Paul would win. I was borderline rabid in my arguements FOR Ron Paul. He lost the primary and was no longer a viable option.

Elections are like tug-o-war (because America is stuck with a two party system). Romney was on one side and President Obama on the other. Third party simply added weight to the President's side.

As far as people that do not vote: The failed in their responsibility to the nation. For whatever reason they have, they have no say in anything political (and yes I do think they should shoulder some of the blame). Simply because left or right, they failed to fulfill a national obligation.

+EDIT - To be clear I said "you" as in the general population, as in the individual. Not "you" as in you personally.

Just like the title of your thread "libertarians, YOU decided this election.........

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join