It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

America...WTH Are YouTthinking?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Djayed

I don't know what to say in response.

Except that I give up.

Why do you come to ATS? I don't get what all these Obama-bots are thinking here.

Isn't "Move On.Org" more your style?

This is a conspiracy website.

Obama is part of the problem.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I must disagree in the strongest terms with your premise, but not necessarily your entire thread. You say the world is aware our elections are a farce and allude to the fact that votes are therefore worthless. That further insinuates that the more than 50 million people the powers that be admit voted against this current administration didn't care. To paint us all with such a broad stroke is patently unfair and ultimately untrue. Personally, my social circle expressed less than 10% support for the president and expressed the same for their extended network. This does seem to validate your assumption the election is rigged (a "farce") to which I can only say I wish you were wrong, but I fear you are right.

However, probably far more voters than has or will be reported tried our best to change it today which means we were attempting to do something about it according to the system available to us, such as it is. I can only hope that the lies and deception will come to indisputable light in the very near future so we as a nation and the entire world can avoid more damage from this reckless, egotistical, dishonest, corrupt, and fraudulent president and his puppet masters.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Tardacus

romney spent his whole campaign telling people what he was going to take away from them

And Obama spent his entire campaign promising AGAIN what he didn't deliver in his first term.

But I was mistaken in thinking that America had enough intelligence left to understand.

Don't get me wrong and point me towards a Mitt supporter...I am not.

I lost all confidence after Ron Paul lost The America that I once was proud of.

Duck & Cover

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by samstone11

I can only hope that the lies and deception will come to indisputable light in the very near future so we as a nation and the entire world can avoid more damage from this reckless, egotistical, dishonest, corrupt, and fraudulent president and his puppet masters.

I understand that you "HOPE" And I am so sorry to say that you are living in the illusion that many are.

No disrespect intended but there is absolutely no point in history with regards to dictators that anything has gotten better without a fight.

Dictators must always fall in order to give the masses their time to rise up.

It WILL happen, when, how, when...?

Soon I believe. And with more strength than most can understand or fathom.

Jude11

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by inverslyproportionalI am not going to continue going to work. I am going to just get my 2 years of unemployment, my obama phone, and welfare. Why not? Everyone else is doing it and getting by without the work, I might as well join in the "freebies" bandwagon.

the entire nation will resemble Rome by the end of these 4 years, we are going to watch it burn because my countrymen are stupid.

You wouldn't qualify for unemployment if you just stop going to work, and welfare is for when you have kids and no unemployment. Lots of people are beyond any government assistance and are depending on family or friends (I am working but we have gone from a two income household to one, when my pay scale was much lower). Here we are 4 years later and the government gives no assistance here, their unemployment ran out a year and a half ago.

So yes, Obama can help. All Romney cares about is his money and people that have a lot of money. We are in a depression, electing him would be electing someone really out of touch with America and what Americans are going through.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
reply to post by Djayed

Except that I give up.

Why do you come to ATS? I don't get what all these Obama-bots are thinking here.

I have a voice until it's silenced.

And in response...NEVER GIVE UP!

Jude11

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

Except that I give up.

Sorry no Obamabot here, just someone that doesnt make $250,000 a year and doesnt need another bush in office that has a bigger wallet. Yeah and moveon is not my style, trying to talk reason to someone living in the clouds is more for me. I just can wait till this is all over so we can be back to the normal conspiracy theory suff which is the reason I come here.

Now I think Brietbart might be more for you in the meantime.

Trying to insult someone with nothing but "Obama is part of the problem" doesn't speak to your argument or validity in your statement.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:33 AM
link   

reply to post by Djayed

Except that I give up.

So is Romney.. the system is the problem as are those who play the game.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaMaa

reply to post by Djayed

Except that I give up.

So is Romney.. the system is the problem as are those who play the game.

I agree that the entire system is screwed up, but just like in poker some times you got to play the cards you were dealt with!
Ted
Until it is fixed I got to go with the less flawed person/party. Democrats have my back, republicans don't. That's how I feel!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Djayed

I agree that the entire system is screwed up, but just like in poker some times you got to play the cards you were dealt with!
Ted
Until it is fixed I got to go with the less flawed person/party. Democrats have my back, republicans don't. That's how I feel!

Agreed! That's why I voted Libertarian!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

There is a near taboo subject regarding racial issues I might as well point out. First, a disclaimer: personally I have dark "olive" skin and am more often than not assumed to be Hispanic. Unfortunately, I was adopted and in Texas those records are sealed and it is virtually impossible to gain access to them.

So maybe I am Hispanic. I was adopted as an infant however by a Caucasian family who went to great lengths to tech me right from wrong with racism near the very top of the list of evils. Being raised in a Caucasian home also meant I do not know Spanish Still, even I will admit to intolerance which is often misunderstood to be racism. , but not just because of the color of a person's skin, rather by their actions and/or a extroverted sense of entitlement associated with race. These people are far more guilty as a rule of discrimination as the people they attack because of the sheer amount of venom spewed in the process and an ingrained belief they cannot be wrong.

Since I look Hispanic but can't speak a work of Spanish due to my upbringing, the Spanish people assume I am arrogant or too good for them and I have become ostracized by all corners, The Caucasian contingency that leans towards racism to darker skinned individuals are also not going to have any patient for me. I certainly can't claim to be black or oriental, so basically I lose everywhere I go.

So since I cannot accurately be accused of prejudice, I find myself in a unique position to make this statement where few others can because of my lack of prejudice. The black people of this nation did what was necessary and had to doing in order to get the results they wanted, and the people of faith bickered among themselves pushed and pulled themselves out of the racer.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:48 AM
link   
Western democracy ensures change does not happen. Small changes, yes. Like the massive pay off the rich 1% would have received if Romney had got in. The US has to settle for the lesser of 2 evils. It's about voting for who you don't want, not who you want. And that sucks.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   
My personal perspective (from what I can gleam from my American colleague and American family) is the deep sense that this will be a poisoned chalice for the Democrats, and that the road is going to be pretty bumpy, but at least Americans will always have their founding documents to use as a template to try again

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It appears that Op is stuck in 2004...

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

That's if the piss all over it from the past Presidents don't make it unreadable.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Jude, I've been saying that since RP didn't get the nomination...or even a chance to speak. It doesn't matter who America gets, they deserve it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think what is happening is unconstrained illegal immigration. The numbers of (illegal, and voting) hispanics in the blue states ensures the net-moocher leanings in National elections. Their numbers are in the millions and that tilts the scale now. They vote lock-step Democrat to continue the goodies. So, the United States has left the front door open and invited its own doom. Remarkable.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The US just keeps perpetuating the illusion of choice so will continue to show a 51-49 result.

I have been predicting those numbers for the outcome to this election in several posts.

I have not looked at the numbers this morning,can anyone confirm or deny my prediction?
There is a bit of wiggle room,I will accept 53 to 47,52 to 48 or 51 to 49.
Anyone have the official numbers?

I want to be the first ats prediction to come true.

CX

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Would it really have been any better had Romney been elected?

His speeches were so littered with the kind of puppy dog eyes you'd see in a Princess Diana interview, i was actually worried for you lot. It was the kind of look my kids give when they want me to think that butter wouldn't melt in their mouths.

I honestly think this has been a case of better the devil you know.

CX.

ETA: I'n still trying to get my head around the cost of this election. Think what that money could have done for certain organizations. I blame the people who donated as much as the parties themselves.
edit on 7/11/12 by CX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
The USA is over and Romney would have made just as big a mess. Voting for the destroyer of your choice is no choice at all. If you had any dignity left, you would not have voted. Focus on staying alive and forget the political scene; it will self destruct soon.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join