It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Google Announces Its Most Popular Search Term on Election Day: You're Not Going to Believe It.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The American flag should indeed now be that
"I can count to potato" kid.

This country is truly becoming the most ignorant nation on the face of the planet. There are others, but I can only speak for this one. Lots of potato counters out there.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Well hmm I guess im dumbed down stoopid american because I didn't know who was running independent for president. So my stupidness told me to look up who is running for president. Not speaking of personal experience

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by MRuss

Just wanted to say, because maybe you're not aware....but you are an extremely unpleasant person. You are rude, condescending, negative, and well....not nice.

I say this not to harp on you, but to raise your awareness as to how you are being perceived and to the type of energy you are putting out.

We get it, there are stupid Americans, just like there are stupid people in every country. Yes, politics is crazy and Obama and Romney are both puppets and traitors. Yes there is plenty to be upset about. But wouldn't you rather try to get along, inform people because you genuinely want to enlighten people and NOT because you want to feel superior to the stupid people you are ranting about?

Who's more stupid: The one who lives a happy life making dumb/informed decisions...are the smart/informed person who is to busy being smart that they live an unhappy life? (Answer: there's gotta be a balance.)

Thanks for the OP. It is interesting, and there certainly are a number of reasons and explanations for such results.

Cheers!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
In case no one mentioned it, did you answer who was running?

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRuss
The most popular search term on election day was this:

"Who is running for President?"

Yes, the dumbing down of America right before your eyes.

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

Lord help us all.

www.foxnews.com...

So?

What...all 7 billion people on earth are supposed to be aware of which schmucks America is getting ready to elect next at all times?? Tell you what. Without using Google...who's seeking office in Brazil's next election? Look at the screen shot...you can see that the Google Analytics is filtered to include "worldwide" data.

So...who is the one who is dumbed down and uninformed?

A: The individual who takes Fox News seriously despite evidence contrary to the implications of the "story" right before their very eyes.

Don't think people...you don't want to hurt yourselves.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   
reply to post by eleven44

If you want a good laugh...check out my previous post.

The screenshot clearly shows that the results are filtered for "worldwide" Google search terms. Proving yet again Faux News is simply incapable of utilizing the most rudimentary of graphed data in a responsible manner.

It sure does say something about American arrogance though, doesn't it? Nothing like just assuming that the United States is the only country in the world that uses Google. There are only another 6.7 billion non-US Citizens on planet earth.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nightwalk
reply to post by MRuss

Terrible if true. I don't know if it's Facebook, the vaccination or diet of the past thirty years, etc., but such an example reinforces the rumors of the cerebral limit of people nowadays, especially of the young.

You know what else this reinforces?

That the old are really, REALLY bad at rudimentary critical thinking skills. Click on the link. Look at the screenshot.

The search term results are filtered for "worldwide". Yes...believe it or not...there ARE 6.7 billion other people on planet earth. Don't worry though....I don't really blame you. After all, your generation has had a lot longer to be exposed to the chemicals, vaccines, and crappy fast food than young people have.

Clearly...it's taken it's toll.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrimReaper86
reply to post by MRuss

Tell us, where did you get that statistic? I see no link to an article. I even did a quick google search of the exact statement and was unable to find anything to validate it. Plus you have no idea how many people were polled to get that statistic and if you do; then you should make that fact known as it would help your argument.

I can make statements without supporting them too, watch:
MRuss eats cat poop to reach website front page.

Hell I can even provide a fake link to back up my statement: MRuss eats cat poop to reach website front page which is more then you did. Even if it's not true I still put more effort into this simple mocking post then you did with your statement which is presented as though it were fact. You sir appear to be a troll and a bad one at that. I tend to troll trolls for the endless entertainment it provides.

My guess would be Glenn Beck.

Enough said.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by MRuss
The most popular search term on election day was this:

"Who is running for President?"

Yes, the dumbing down of America right before your eyes.

A chart on the Google Trends website shows the skyrocketing popularity of a search for the term, “who is running for president” -- as if it were possible to miss the omnipresent radio, TV and Web ads for Governor Mitt Romney and President Barack Obama.

Lord help us all.

www.foxnews.com...

How many kids do you think were online researching for history class or whatever to do a report... especially on that day, my daughter searched it up she's 12 and not old enough to vote, a lot of kids are kept away from politics. But the school teaches them about the election therefore they have probably been asked to write a report on the candidates and then watch the results etc.

Excellent point.

Likewise...I couldn't help but notice that the screen shot in OP's "source" clearly shows that the results are being filtered WORLDWIDE.

Quick...w/out using Google...who is all running in Spain's next election??? LOL.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by MonkeyFishFrog
reply to post by MRuss

I agree with ~Lucidity, the numbers probably reflect global Google searching and not just Americans.

Plus its not all that dumb... weren't there actually 20 or 30 presidential candidates from independent parties? Roseanne Barr ran under the Peace and Freedom Party so maybe people wanted to see what other options were available to them.

They do. Look at the screen shot in OP's "source". It clearly shows the results filtered to "worldwide".

Imagine...Faux News manipulating public perception by careful manipulation of the context in which information is delivered.

Who would of thought???

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Dang I never thought of that world wide thingy, and yes I am old,

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by timetothink

In one of the Charities I run...we have a program of getting kids involved with Local Businesses and Town Officials and we all get together AND BUILD SOMETHING that is beneficial to the Community.

As I look for help from the Teachers of the schools involved....I find apathy and outright sarcastic remarks with a snarkiness! I have been raised in a Military/Business Family and COULD NOT BELIEVE the level of...IT CAN'T BE DONE!...out of the TEACHERS!

It saddens me to know that these people are trusted to teach our kids.
Split Infinity

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join