It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks as if Mr Obama has won ... How do you feel about that?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

You gotta vote, that's a given. But, here in the U.S. we get 1 more option than Communist China (hope Jesse Ventura forgives me for stealing that line). My wife is from the West Midlands (Walsall). She voted for the first time today. She voted Romney, because she watched her mother die this year, because of the NHS and how long it took her mother (65 years old) to get into a doctor. By the time she got in, the cancer was inoperable. She gets "state's rights" and felt that if people wanted "Obamacare" or "Romneycare" they could move to a state that offered it, but didn't want to see it nationalized here. Oh well.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
"We must go forward, not backward, upward, not forward, and always twirling, twirling, twirling toward freedom"

That just about sums it up for me

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Well sorry to say I was one of the kids who didn't care. My son IS one special kid.

For about 3 years now if you ask him what he wants to be when he grows up he says:
The President of the United States!!

I'm starting to think he's very serious....LOOK OUT!!!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Hoping the Mayans really did mean 12/21/2012 is the end because we are totally #'d.
America RIP.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Where the NHS is concerned, it has never been perfect, and no one would argue that it has been. However, the reason we have it here in Britain is because we had nothing previous to that which had the same reach and scope. When it was first enacted, the only thing that preceeded the NHS was a system which made it impossible for people with no money to speak of, to recieve care of even the most basic kind.

I have to say, I prefer what we have now, to what we have then. But I can understand the issue people have with it, when it fails to operate correctly. Its a shame that it is not more effective in some cases, and I mean a shame on all of us, because we keep voting for people who will hurt it some how, like the Conservative and Liberal coallition for instance.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

i actually waiting for good topics to show up on ATS now that the election craze is over.

pfft...Ain't that the truth!! AHH just realize why I have been posting so much lately...nothing to read!!

link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Thats straight up brilliant! Ambition in youth is so important for a healthy world! I am so glad there are people inducing thier kids to be ambitious and determined! I hope he makes it !

link   

Hello Truebrit,

To fully answer your questions let me give you my background. This is my second vote (21 this year) for president. It is pretty safe to assume that I am new to this and I found myself really getting into the election this year. I feel excited that I am a part of this piece of history. As for my opinions, there are things I like and equally dislike about Obama and Romney.

We don't know who won yet as California polls have just closed. To be honest, I would be nervous about either of them winning! During this process I haven't noticed anything out of the norm in my immediate community besides on the television and the internet. There are definitely your occasional beings who are very passionate and politics is not for the light-hearted. I find a pretty diverse response as to who is voting for who.

edit on 11/6/2012 by Bayy007 because: more descriptions

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Bayy007

Where do you stand on the policies of the candidates there then? What specifically do you like and dislike about the two.

And also, Obama has already won two hundred and eighty something electoral college votes. Do you think that there is some way that Mr Romney can take it from here? All the commentary would point away from that possibility!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

Its extremely depressing, I'm a Libertrian/Independent.....

Both parties are very close, then you have our citizens believing the two are vastly different.....just buying into the illusion...

This is the first time since I could vote that I didn't even bother....

My voice and others like me are never heard, we are banned from the airwaves, and not shown on tv.....this is why our people are such black and white thinkers.....they are never allowed to see diffrent perspectives....

I'm so disapointed, and I'm not even going to participate in the scam.

edit on 6-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I really don't have a problem with social programs on a fundamental level. However, you can't have social programs and unchecked, unchallenged, open borders. It doesn't work. The NHS is broken, and it's in large part because of this. Same thing here in the U.S. Hospitals are closing, because illegal immigrants pop out kids, go to the E.R. for regular visits, then never pay. Hospitals can't afford it and close.

Nothing is perfect, but when someone is terminal, and in the last 3 days of their life, it shouldn't take an act of God to have a nurse show up and administer morphine. My mother-in-law suffered badly, and it was a horrible experience for my wife. I'm just glad I wasn't there.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
rethought and deleted
edit on 6-11-2012 by tovenar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well I for one feel GREAT!

5 trillion in new debt and a record number of people on food stamps.

What's not to like?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by kat2684

I realise this must be a sore point with you, but I wonder if you might make clear what your particular attitude toward policies of the two candidates is, and where you stand on the issues, that puts your position as clearly different from the positions of the Democrats and Republican parties?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

To be frank, the reason our NHS is failing is because our government has spent tens of billions of pounds on poor contracts between itself and private companies. And I am not just talking about medical companies, I am talking loosing thirty plus billion a year on bad contracts between our tax department and the people who own and control the buildings it is run from. I am talking about tens of billions per department, per year.

Thats why the NHS does not get the funding, and staffing required to run it effectively. It would be doable if our government were more careful with our cash, as could benefits, and a whole raft of other social schemes.
However, what happened to your mother in law is a bloody disgrace, and I utterly understand your position regarding the NHS in light of that travesty.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
How I feel about it doesn't much matter. He's the President. For better or worse. And I'm going to do what I wish Congress would do and what everyone would...my best to help him win for and not fail for our country for the next four years, with the right priorities for the country not for just a segment of it. I guess that's how I feel...other than it doesn't really matter who's elected, does it? Mostly I feel 1.) glad this is over (and I pray it is) and 2.) braced for the onslaught of sour grapes and "the fix was in" from the losing "team." The fix is always in when your team loses but never when it wins, eh?
edit on 11/6/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Thats a very pragmatic veiwpoint, and refreshing. Do you think that it really does not matter who got in? Do you think that Mr Romney would have been basically the same?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

My positions are.....

Bring the troops home

Quit interfering in the domestic policies of other nations

Shut down bases we subsidize all over the world

Put troops along border states, let them spend money here in US.

Eliminate as much overeas spending/ cut foreign aid

Let states decide how to take care of citizens

No more property tax...I already feel like a serf...

No more lobbyists/bankers/corporations involved in government

No more bailouts....

No more TSA....

Thats just a few, I'm all for dismanteling the power of the federal government and allowing states to have free reign....

I have yet to see a Dem/Rep politician actively pursue any over seas spending, wars...ect.

They love the insignificant pet issues like Gay Marriage and Abortion....that shouldn't be the focus in a crumbling economy.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I'm not an American so I really don't feel anything.

All I have to say is that South Park was right again!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Nio, I believe it really doesn't matter much about the man who's elected other than where it comes to a few social issues that are basically used to.fragment the vote but ultimately just serve to fragment the spirit of this nation Their foreign policy is virtually the same. And the money is what really controls our Congress and therefore our government, not the people or their will. It's pure illusion that we do.
edit on 11/6/2012 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join