It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks as if Mr Obama has won ... How do you feel about that?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Speaking as a British person, I often wonder how Americans feel when these huge elections, in the most powerful nation in the West, finish. How do you feel about this result? I hear that although Obama won the election, the Republicans did enough to make things hell in the senate, and put stumbling blocks in the way of Obamas plans.

How does it feel to live in America during an election year? How did you find your communities during this process? Were they united or highly divided? I would really love to hear the American ATSers veiw of the process, and of the result, so please...

....Your thoughts?

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

How does it feel to live in America during an election year?

It feels annoying

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
It's actually a good thing. He won, that means that this "Americans are racist" claim has to end. Secondly, he can't blame this mess that he inherited on anyone but the guy staring him in the face when he looks in the mirror. And, last but not least, nothing will be done either way for at least 2 years with the Republicans controlling the house. The next 2 years will simply be a continuation of yesterday.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Stressful.......The news media does not elect a president.

We will see what the final count is in the end.

Remember 2000

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I would have felt bad either way because the elections are rigged. Whoever is chosen by TPTB is bad news for our country.

link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

Does that concern you in anyway, that the potential for nothing to happen of any significance in the next two years exists? Surely it would be better for the person who gets into the hot seat, to be capable of making the waves and doing the work?

link   
If obama is the antichrist, He will never lose

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by jondave

Accept when he is thrown into the lake of fire

2nd.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Horrible

But I would have felt only slightly horrible if the other guy won

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by radpetey

We're already there brother.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I really don't care. My 12 year old son, on the other hand, was on the Romney wagon. A few minutes ago I went to his room...

Me-Looks like Obama won.
Kid-Awwww O-well
Me-Night buddy
Kid-Night Mum
Me-Sorry your boy didn't win

Kid-Eh that's okay, at least I can get food stamps and income tax...

I almost died

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit

Does that concern you in anyway, that the potential for nothing to happen of any significance in the next two years exists? Surely it would be better for the person who gets into the hot seat, to be capable of making the waves and doing the work?

Not at all. I'd rather have them sit idle, instead of moving for the sake of moving, and ultimately wrecking the country. My grandfather didn't die fighting fascism only to have it thrive now simply because people want handouts for crackheads or corporations (pick your poison with each party). Honestly, I think gridlock is the best bet.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This election cycle did rope me in, but I officially stopped caring last July.

I have always liked Ron Paul...but it was obvious Jesse Benton was destroying his campaign, Ron Paul never called him out for it, or cared to...

I have given up altogether, I didn't even vote today...screw it....

This country is going to crap anyway....
edit on 6-11-2012 by kat2684 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I heard that!! I will be found under the shadow of his wing!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Glad it is over, tired of all the BS comercials slandering eachother and unhappy with the fact Gary Johnson isn't likely to get a 5% vote, so we won't have a 3rd party choice next time.

I didn't want Romney or Obama, so it didn't matter to me much, but at least Romney was going to remove Obamacare, as I find this to be quite retarded, as it will in no way help poor people get health insurance, it only requires them to get it or get fined. As if I wouldn't already have it if I could afford to get it in the first place. It amounts to fining poor people for being poor, nothing more.

Other than that, I hope they all die horrible deaths, and we have to replace all the politicians with trained monkeys, they couldn't do a worse job honestly, hell they might even improve the situation.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightSunshine

Now that sort of commentary, out of the mouths of babes so to speak, is precisely why I love elections. I think its cool that your kid had an opinion either way. When I was a kid of the same age, I was in a minority amongst my peers, who mostly didnt care which party won elections, as long as thier team won the football match at the weekend!

Awesome good cheer in the face of defeat for his prefered candidate too! What a little dude!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
i actually waiting for good topics to show up on ATS now that the election craze is over.

People gonna rant for couple of weeks but it will pass. I mean, as a Canadian, i already know Obama was going to win, but i didn't think it would be this big of a gap. You did not put on a good show MSM!.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

reply to post by kat2684

I can understand both your positions here I think. Last time there was an election in my own country, we the people got boned pretty badly by the result, and by the parties that formed the coallition we have now. I have long held the belief that voting is about choosing the suit that screws you next.

However, I am also of the opinion, that if you do not vote, you loose your only chance to make your desire known, even if it does not come to fruit. It must be terrible to be in a two party system though. I cannot imagine it. How does it make you guys feel to know that there are only two parties with a hope in hell of ever running the nation?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
We now return you to your regularly scheduled programming.

Happy that Romney lost.
Don't care one way or another that Obama won.

It was like a contest between a hamburger with cheese on it, and a cheeseburger.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Well, now at least we can concentrate and look forward to 12/21/12 .

edit on 6-11-2012 by CyberTruth because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join