It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Just Won His Second Term....Now what?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Tw0Sides

Dear Tw0Sides,

There never was any Truth to all that Hype.

I'm not sure I can agree. I can't think of any of my examples that don't have some truth to them. Holder is still fighting in court to keep the Fast and Furious documents hidden. The Benghazi cables and video tapes from CBS show the President was "Less than forthright" in his statements. The bankrupt green companies like Solyndra, A123, and others are a matter of public record. The "fiscal cliff" is worrying the world representatives at the G20 meeting. Our Treasury department has said we need to do something "Extraordinary" before the end of the year so the US can borrow yet more money.

These don't seem to be just "talking points."

Those "stories" will fade away
Perhaps, but that will be a bad thing for our country.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   
you guys crack me up. EOTWAWKI 'cause Obama got reelected, the world will keep turning and you still live in America, where you have more rights, priviliges and wealth than 98% of any other human on the planet. How about a thoughtful nod for the luck that you were born in this country than anywhere else on this spinninig rock.

I hope for a complete and verbatim re-installation of Glass-Stegall.

And a ban on Disney making Star Wars. If Lucas couldn't make a decent addition to the franchise, no way Disney can

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

nixon without a doubt would of been impeached had he not resigned in disgrace.
as to the og post..not much is gonna happen

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
To those referring to the US economy going down the drain, it was academic at this point, regardless of whether the republicans or the democrats got into the white house the economy is going down the drain.

From a personal point of view Obama has had it tough, been at the helm when the GFC hit. I don't see how he can be blamed when the lead up to the GFC was going on for years before he took office.

Its going to take many more years for the US to come out the other side.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by dmsuse
ByeBye America

Nice knowing you

Yup,
Unfortunatly, the country will fall with the american auto industry.
Its written in the sky.
Would'nt change much if it was Romney anyways.

I expect a severe backlash very soon (next 6 month).

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
The republican house will soften up and start giving ground to work with Obama. He will soften up a bit, but most of the compromise will be coming from the republicans.

The markets will improve now that the future is more certain. Bank stocks will shoot up, because they were already invested in abiding by Frank-Dodd.

Obamacare II will start pushing for a public payer option for states that want it.

Relations with Russia and China will both smooth out.

The republicans will quit fighting immigration reform. "Mr. Speaker, Tear Down This Fence!!!!!"
The definition of U.S. citizen will matter much less, as non-citizens and even illegals will get medical benefits, union benefits, and more welfare.

Minimum wage will be raised to $15/hr.

Midwest will switch away from coal under economic pressure from the govt. Will increase natural gas production.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Let's stop the drama people. We aren't going to see the country collapse under Obama, and we wouldn't see the country crumble under Romney. However, I believe Obama is better for our country overall and I'm very happy right now. I do hope his win curbs some extremism. Let's not remain divided as citizens.... if Obama does fail we should be united. At least it should be a goal to strive for.... look up Republicans, there's still a country for you too, we are all Americans. Oh and Democrats try not to gloat too much....we still live in a plutocracy either way.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Good! I voted for Gary Johnson, but if I had to choose between the two, I'm going Obama. For one, Mitt wants to be president so bad it's hilarious. He will say and do anything to get people to like him. As bad as Obama is, you know where he stands now. You have a 4-year trend to use as reference. I would never know what Romney had up his sleeve if he was president. I fear the unknown more than the known.

Secondly, Maybe if they stop shuffling this mess around before it gets fixed, they can stop playing the blame game. All the more time for Obama's failed policies to be exposed, and then we can really start to fix things.

Also, I am for anything that punishes the GOP for what they did to RP. Why would they pick the guy who lost, to the guy who lost, to the guy they're trying to beat??!?? Morons!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Okay, accepting that Obama has won, perhaps the GOP will realize that they cannot run candidates like McCain and Romney and expect to win. Bush was polarizing, yes, but he was as staunch conservative. That is what wins the GOP the White House. This middle of the road, "moderate Republican" tactic does not win.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Four more years of high unemployment
Four more years of poverty
Four more years of crushing debt
Four more years of rudderless sailing through foreign affairs
Four more years of lying about terrorist attacks
Four more years of helping to destabilize the ME
Four more years of someone who doesn't have the gravitas for the office
Four more years of MO eating ribs while preaching we should eat carrots
Four more years of stupid jokes from someone who isn't funny
Four more years of slippers and sweatpants in the Oval Office

What class.

Requiescat in Pace, America
edit on 11/6/2012 by PrplHrt because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Oh, and now..... Looks like I'm going to spring for that AK47!

Edit: sorry didn't mean to reply to you charles, I'm new.
edit on 6-11-2012 by Frettin because: Explanation for wrong post type

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrplHrt
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
Four more years
How many years without a Neo-con?
Four more years?
Thank You.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:22 PM
link   
IMO, we will see gas prices soar to such high levels that those of us with no public transportation options will have to relocate to urban areas or suffer because Obama insists on going green without any viable alternatives. This will also further drive up costs on every product we purchase.

More jobs will be lost as we see more companies leaving. With this, imports will rise to an even higher level.

Taxes will increase on nearly everyone to cover social programs that are nothing but a band-aid fix for a gapping wound.

We will all become more dependant on the government, not by choice, but because there will be no alternative. The government will have a say in so many aspects of our lives that we'll feel like we're getting an exam by a proctologist.

Middle Class working families will all but disappear, replaced by a rapid growth of the poor.

Our rights will be further erroded as Obama and his team chip away at them even more than they already have.

Obama will continue to blame Bush, but neglect to put any of the blame for this mess on his good friend Bill Clinton.

Those who are here illegally will be given a free pass to stay, further burdening social programs that will bankrupt us at their current spending levels.

ObamaCare, in all its bloated glory, will further burden our economy, potentially driving us to the edge of a depression.

I see a sad future for everyone and I can't understand why anyone is jumpimg for joy when our country is so divided.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Now we wait for the end. Obama can continue his politics of spending and eroding freedom and security in the US all while encouraging immorality, social relativism, and global governance.

Its good that we will get this all done within 4 years instead of trudging it out over 8 or 10 more. I'd much rather rip the band-aid off quickly.

This is not a surprise and something I personally have mentally prepared for for a few years now, but it still pains me deeply. I knew the end game would be the same under Obama or Romney, but I just fear the severity of suffering and pain my children and family will face in the next 4 years.

I am a veteran. I served the cause of freedom. The is no free nation left to escape to. There is no virgin land to reach and start anew.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Osiris1953
Let's stop the drama people. We aren't going to see the country collapse under Obama,

Um… The bill is how many trillion right now?
It’s going to come due, and it’s not going to be pretty.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
IMO, we will see gas prices soar to such high levels that those of us with no public transportation options will have to relocate to urban areas or suffer because Obama insists on going green without any viable alternatives. This will also further drive up costs on every product we purchase.

More jobs will be lost as we see more companies leaving. With this, imports will rise to an even higher level.

Taxes will increase on nearly everyone to cover social programs that are nothing but a band-aid fix for a gapping wound.

We will all become more dependant on the government, not by choice, but because there will be no alternative. The government will have a say in so many aspects of our lives that we'll feel like we're getting an exam by a proctologist.

Middle Class working families will all but disappear, replaced by a rapid growth of the poor.

Our rights will be further erroded as Obama and his team chip away at them even more than they already have.

Obama will continue to blame Bush, but neglect to put any of the blame for this mess on his good friend Bill Clinton.

Those who are here illegally will be given a free pass to stay, further burdening social programs that will bankrupt us at their current spending levels.

ObamaCare, in all its bloated glory, will further burden our economy, potentially driving us to the edge of a depression.

I see a sad future for everyone and I can't understand why anyone is jumping for joy when our country is so divided.

^^^THIS^^^

Nothing in his way now...

those delusional, the truth will reveal itself in as little as a year...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:59 PM
link   
More drones,more wars of conquest and more of the same if Romney had won.I voted for GJ.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Oh dear. Four more years of birthers crying and whining with their copy pasta theories from million times over debunked sites. Well I guess there's a down side to everything. At least US seems to try to save itself it seems. Anyone who voted for Romney should be send to chinese factory to assemple iphones. Have fun

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:10 AM
link   
I think that the Tea Party will be invigorated by this, and will increase their presence in the GOP.

Two moderates now, with Mitt following the Arizona Rino. Two losses.

The republican party will have to run an actual conservative in 2016, or it will dissappear before 2020.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
Thread full of Democratic race baiting. "Hurr durr white racist republicans" was my favorite.

Way to class up the place guys.

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join