It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Child’s leukemia story turns out to be hoax....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Being as I lost my best friend at the age of 19 to leukemia years ago, this story sickens me.

The boy never existed, but the public believed this woman's story and supported her until they found out differently.

EAGLE, Colo — A Colorado mountain community is outraged after learning a campaign to help a child dying of leukemia was worthless, because the child never existed.

The story, which was first reported over the weekend by the Vail Daily newspaper, is forcing students and staff at Eagle Valley High School to question how a fictional child could be created and celebrated.

“I think there has to be an explanation to all the kids…that’s my opinion,” said Giovanni Novella, a high school senior.

Novella was one of several students caught off guard by the news that the child, Alex Jordon, never had Leukemia or even lived in Colorado.

FOX 31 Denver reached out to the home of the woman identified in the local newspaper about the story, however her family had no comment on Sunday evening.

kdvr.com...

She even made an obituary in the newspaper....

Only none of Alex's story was true. There was no Alex at all, ABC News reported. He was a hoax perpetrated by a 22-year-old woman identified as Briana Augustenborg.

She even went to the trouble of writing an obituary for the Vail Daily. But that was her undoing. Local radio station KSKE investigated and found no death certificate for the boy, so it alerted authorities, ABC said.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

edit on 6-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
There is no excuse that I can think of that would justify this sick joke just for the need of attention.

Especially for those of us that have lost loved ones to cancer or are in the process of fighting it.

Shameful IMO.......

No arrest has been made since there is no evidence of money being collected.
Just a crazy person that needs to explain herself to the public as to why she made up the story.
And she is definitely in need of some serious therapy......
edit on 6-11-2012 by snarky412 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by snarky412

Absolutely reprehensible!

This oxygen thief should be forced to do a considerable amount of community service work.
Preferably at an oncology ward of a children's' hospital.

Leukaemia is an insidious disease that changes peoples lives forever, especially when young children are involved.
There is no excuse this dolt can offer to change the way people must feel, having been robbed of their emotion.

Time to pay these good folk back .... get to work.

new topics

join