It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Long-Time Routine Lurker, Just Joined!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Hey Everyone!

I've been visiting this site on a daily basis for about 6 years now, and never really felt the need to join... Until today. I've soaked up a lot of information here at ATS, and believe it to be one of the last sources of 'unsponsered' information on the web.

A few things about me...

I'm 25, male, from the Chicago suburbs. I spend most of my free time hanging out with friends, playing guitar/writing music, and of course... surfing ATS! I like to get my information from various sources and then use my judgement to determine what is and what is not Bulls#%&. There used to be a word for that... Oh yeah, THINKING! But seriously, I needed to join, because all of my warnings of this police state/quasi-dictatorship have fallen on deaf ears in my circle of friends and family. They have nothing to add or agree with. So our conversations only go as far as they're willing to let me take them down the rabbit hole. So my hopes here are to contribute what I can, and hopefully make some friends that see eye to eye with me!

A few things I know for sure...

The official story of 9/11 is a joke, James Holmes did not act alone and/or was framed, Killing OBL and burying him at sea is an insult to my intelligence, and the economy is much worse than what the CPI indicates. Peace!
edit on 6-11-2012 by Frettin because: Misspell

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Yo!!!! Welcome to ATS!!! From what you've written so far I can tell you have a lot of the same perspective that I do regarding what we see going on around us. ATS is a great community and you will quickly make friends through U2U and from visiting threads of common interest. Some of the best parts of ATS are the conversations you have through other members through U2U.

Anyways, I look forward to your posts in the threads!

-Bassplyr

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by BASSPLYR

What do you mean by u2u? Sorry, I'm a tech newb. Is that different than replying to posts? Bassplyer??? Let's jam! Who here plays the skins?!
edit on 6-11-2012 by Frettin because: Misspell

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Hi and welcome

u2u is the private messaging system here.

I've tried to play guitar, operative word tried.... now I just stick with the kazoo

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Miri08

Okay, thanks. I haven't done that since the AOL days! I'm not sure if it works on the ipad though. Yes, we are all trying the best we can as there is no standard method yet. I think that's weird. Maybe the thing is supposed to be played with your feet? I saw a guy play the banjo like that once. He sounded great!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Welcome To The Community

Be sure to try out Ask ATS with any "search words" of your choice & you'll find numerous threads to add your thoughts to right now. Once you've achieved a minimum of 20 posts, you'll be able to create your own threads & additionally send out messages to fellow ATS members.

Here are some handy links to get you oriented into now becoming a valued member of ATS.

Reaffirming ATS Policies ( Please Read First )
Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read second)
Visit here next - ATS Freshmans Forum
Index of Important ATS Related Threads
Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First
Easy Way to Upload Your Pics & Avatar Graphics

*** Keep your arms within the ride's comfort zone, have fun & help us "Deny Ignorance" ***
ATS at times is like a rollercoaster ride! Be aware if one acts in an uncivil-like manner, discusses personal illicit drug usage, uses profanity, is a troll, intentionally spreads a hoax, spam's, advertises and/or get's verbally abusive, they will be warned or removed off the ride by a Moderator. If you see posted any of the above mentioned, please let one of staff know by using the "Alert" function. This is for your safety, & for those both young and old on this ride with you.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Frettin

It wouldn't have sounded worse if I had tried with my feet, I can tell you that lol

The u2u system is nice, especially as you start to get to know individuals. The Terms and Conditions apply to the u2u system as well. It takes awhile to get used to the way the forums work but it's worth it.

I lurked for quite awhile before I joined and wish I had joined sooner, personally

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS!

Cute Pooch

new topics

top topics

join