It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lonely legacy of the "Sex and the City" lifestyle

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If she is a "victim" of a party lifestyle, then clearly she is not the only one. Personally i dont reckon much to the article, its just one woman's life experience - She didnt put much thought into settling down - Some people dont. That shouldnt discredit the lifestyle of enjoying your 20's, persuing a career and seeing abit of the world while your young.

Only one person can really judge her life and thats herself, if she wants to pull a victim card then go for it - But dont try and make everyone else feel bad in the process because you couldn't see beyond your 30's!

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I tried, over the course of three mindnumbing episodes, to be "one of the girls" and enjoy a sitcom for women. I wish I hadn't. I still have nightmares of some neurotic wart-faced skeleton stalking me for the vest I bought at the Versace trunk sale back in '88.

Greg Behrendt and his wife should be run out of the country for that piece of rubbish.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:53 PM
link   
The only answer to this whole thread is that it is a case of, ""Shoulda, 'Coulda, 'Woulda."

Everybody reaches a point in life where they look back and wonder how things could have turned out if they only took a different fork in the road.

She picked the wrong path for herself, or so she thinks in hindsight.

Anybody, even those to have found love, a family, etc..who says they don't wonder, is lying.

We all do it.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Feminists define feminism as a movement to end sexist oppression. The OP started promisingly but fell by the wayside when it was used to bash feminism.

Using the similar arguement we should Perhaps ban democracy because our first choice came second. We should ban cars because I was in an accident!

Once you choose to step out of the established norms that have evolved from society you must be careful and question everything. Anyone that takes TV for reality is either a child or an idiot.

Back to feminism I know many feminist women who are happily married and my eldest is a feminist who is getting married next year! Go figure.

Her Dad (me) is an old scholl two fisted regular guy!
edit on 7-11-2012 by Tiger5 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join