It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vemma pyramid scheme?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
So one of my friends just got involved with this Vemma company, marketing and trying to spread the word about them. Recently he has been badgering me about attending their meetings and telling me about all the money I could make. So I did a little research and this thing looks more and more like a pyramid scheme. To make money, the people marketing for them are supposed recruit more people. For each person the marketer refers they make a higher percentage.

The whole thing just seems like a scam. Does anyone know anymore about it?
This is their website:
www.vemma.com...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Typical multi-level marketing, they ride just below the lines of a full out pyramid scheme, so they're level, but the only people who really make money are on the top of the pyramid.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

Sounds like a pyramid scheme.

Just an observation from what my dad experienced with ZeekRewards: all the people that are involved in pyramid schemes have an odd fascination with the "opportunity" to make more money, thus inviting people as if in a cult.

Anytime I see business plans that involve a higher payoff for more people invited to be part of the program, I steer clear.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Holidakd

How is that any different than the "pyramid scheme" found in your office, school, church, or country? Does not the "guy at the top" in those institutions make all the money off the people on the bottom?

The difference with multi-level marketing (which is legal, while a pyramid scheme is not) is that the people allegedly "above" you WANT to help YOU create wealth. Lots of it.

This is the opposite of your typical corporate position: the less the company has to pay you, the more profit they can make off your efforts. Don't like it? Well they'll just hire someone else who does.

Your "job" or "career" has sold you on the idea of trading your time for money: T:$. As someone's employee, you basically admit that "Yes, 1 hour of my time is worth $x".

Would you not agree that your time is PRICELESS?? You can always make more money but you can never make more time. There are only so many hours in a day, so your income will always be limited.

A good MLM business can allow you to create unlimited money part-time (because it's based off your production and NOT how much time you put in each day) and help you completely remove time from the equation: X:$.

That is, only if YOU decide to put in the effort, just like any entrepreneur.

A respectable MLM company will have consumable products and/or services that you can retail to clients/customers to generate retail profits (just like ANY legitimate business)...but also allows you to franchise your business by helping those who are intersted become business owners themselves. If you help them make dollars, you will make pennies from their efforts; a small royalty paid to you by the MLM company. This is the money that traditional business would spend on advertising...instead, MLM companies pay this to their business owners because they adverstise for them. Make sense?

So you need to help others first, in order to help yourself. Seems pretty win-win to me!

Plus, you are now officially a "small business" and can take advantage of the tax breaks available for home-based businesses. That's right, an MLM business will even help you pay less taxes!

However, you should do very thorough research. Not all MLM companies are created equal. Be sure to check CREDIBLE sources , like the BBB or Federal Trade Commission. Never rely on some flunkies blog site.

~Cam

Be an employee and build someone else's dream or work for yourself building your own.

top topics

join