It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Axe weiding thugs ride into mall and rob jewelers on the back of motorcycles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
A bunch of lads on motor bikes rode into the Brent Cross Shopping Center and robbed a jewelers.
Its a pretty crazy video, sadly with the run up to christmas, and the fact the police are pretty clueless (unless you are not wearing your seatbelt then they are good) this is probably only the beginning of their little spree.

They got away with it today, so why would they not bother doing it again?

Four people riding three motorbikes entered Brent Cross Shopping Centre in north London shortly after 10.15am Witnesses said the men sped into an upper area of the shopping centre and headed for the Fraser Hart jewellery store They are believed to have taken Cartier and Rolex watches as well as other items of jewellery before speeding off Witnesses described how shoppers began to panic as the robbery took place, with many people running for the exits and others trapped in stores

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
By the description, people were running around and they were speeding off on the bikes...

Looks like they took their time, mounted the bikes with care and rode out nice and orderly.

I dunno...

Peace

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:39 PM
link   
to be fair they called the police, but as the british bobbies are unarmed, they decided to finish their coffee and donuts before responding to 3 maniacs on motorbikes wielding machetes.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Guess they have to pay for their bikes some how. Maybe mommy took away their allowances .

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:18 PM
link   
hmmm,
free stuff over seas hey..

and no worries from the local popo?
glad we have the second amendment here in the good ole US of A

Cause we can shoot "thugs"

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Clearly they don't have to worry over armed citizens like they do here in Texas, do they?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Psssst,wanna buy a watch??? No seriously

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Interesting choice of weapon/tool. I wonder if this could be in any way related to this incident?

Masked raiders made off with half a million pounds-worth of luxury watches in front of stunned city centre shoppers in Manchester on Wednesday. The robbers walked into Selfridges while the store was open and busy wearing high visibility jackets and trousers. Police said the trio then smashed display cabinets with an axe and crowbars and stole 100 watches.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
I'm actually surprised there is not total anarchy in the England because people and cops cannot defend themselves with guns. I know crime in England is much worse than in the USA, and it's Bad here.

One day these people will wake up and give the citizens guns to protect themselves or the government will fall by the hands of the people.

If I were a criminal, heck yeah I'd move to England, easy pickens.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think before the UK gives any citizens conceal and carry, they are just going to let LEO's carry weapons.
That right will never be granted again.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

I think before the UK gives any citizens conceal and carry, they are just going to let LEO's carry weapons.
That right will never be granted again.

I wasn't talking concealed carry, I was talking behind the counter to protect your shop, or in your home or open carry. Here in the USA, in most states, you can openly carry a gun in a holster on your hip. In many states you don't even have to register certain hand guns like my semi auto 12 shot 22 long caliber with a 6 inch rifled barrel. It's like holding a small 22 long hunting rifle in your hands and can shoot as fast as you pull the trigger.

If this shop owner had one of these.. or at least a shotgun, those bikers would be caught. They could just shoot the biked to stop them. I see this as criminals slapping the system in the face because the system is too stupid they dont let citizens protect themselves. This could have easily been avoided.

Er.. how long did it take for the police to show up? .. a while you say after the thugs were long gone? Thats why Americans are allowed to arm themselves to protect themselves. Can't count on a cop being there to stop a crime.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I'm surprised the mall doesn't have it's own security. (Then again a lot of malls have somewhat lax security anyways.) A few malls might actually be prepared for "flash mob" incidents by having security lock down and man all the exits. (However there usually has to be a string of such incidents before they get wise on it.) Such a practice would also deal with something like these bikers, by keeping them contained until the real police show up. Not to mention some of the bigger malls also tend to have a few city or county police (who may actually be armed with more than a taser) on detail too.

Then again, I'm stateside. Who knows how they handle this in the U.K.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
One person with a broom stick could have ended that spree... One of the bikes looked like a Moped LOL... Yeah no Mall security?

top topics

join