It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did anyone else have to show ID to vote?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I just went to mine and NO one had to show ID or anything. They just came in, signed 'in the grey box', got their voter ballot, did their thing and then left after turning it in. I really thought people HAD To show ID and so on to vote. They DID check if one was eligible to vote as one poor kid couldn't and was turned away.

Is this normal to not check for ID? I'm in Illinois if that makes any difference.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by sarra1833

In NY and no, I didn't need to show ID but I did anyway. I think a picture ID should be required, but some people think it discriminates against the poor.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Yup, had to show ID here on the south side of Indianapolis.

Every year since 1995.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:43 PM
link   
yes had to show drivers licence or voter id to vote in Oklahoma

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nope.
I heard on the news some reporter claimed to be Eric Holder or some other official and vote under that name to see if they would check so I actually wore dark sunglasses INSIDE the whole time to look extra suspicious, all I had to do was sign.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Here in AZ req some form of gov ID to vote.

I used my DL.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Sure did have to show ID here in NW Ohio. We live in corn country east of Toledo where everybody knows everybody and we still have to show it...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Texas, rural, show voter reg card or DL. You have to have one of those to prove you are the person voting by that name.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Wow really?
No wonder your elections are bunk...
Do something about it!!! tell the people in charge, make stuff happen even if it takes longer to decide who wins.
If you do not do this the people who died t5o give you that vote will be turning in their grave.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:57 PM
link   
I mentioned something about it and they just kind of smiled at me and kept going. :/

That alone was stinky.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I'm in Illinois as well. I did not have to show ID today, or during the republican primary. It was my first time voting, and that part blew my mind. It seems like you could just go back later that day and claim to be the person who's name was right next to yours (they flip through the book right in front of you!) Also, I'm a new member, and cannot figure out how to post an introduction. I used the search function for a tutorial, but no results. If someone could point me in the right direction via PM or something that would be great! Sorry to sway the thread!

link   
Yes, in AZ I had to show ID - Voter Registration card and Driver's License.

So did my son, who voted for the very first time, today.

edit on 6-11201211-1212 by gwynnhwyfar because: (no reason given)

link   
I had to show Id and was glad to do so. What I wasn't glad about was the fact that the person in charge announced my political party to the entire polling place.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
North Louisiana, had to show DL

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Texas here. I had to show a picture ID. I used my concealed carry license (they look almost exactly like a Texas drivers license) just to see if it got a rise out of them. No response, but hey, it's Texas.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   
Gainesville, GA...showed Drivers License....we gots lots of mexicans. Chicken Capital of the World!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   

i did show my voter card. Not sure if they would have asked for a photo id had I not.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Tennessee here. I've always shown my ID when voting. It was only this past year they made it a requirement. No big deal for me. (Note: when they first passed the law, residents could get a state ID for free. But people still oppose it even tho we need ID to by some over the counter meds, alcohol, cigs, some home improvement items, and be able to use food stamps)

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
I had to show ID in Canal Winchester Ohio. I voted Romney, because he was the better choice.
edit on 6-11-2012 by PvtHudson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 07:10 PM
link   
Yes.
When you walk into your polling place in NY, you must present ID when you sign in. Been this way since I have been voting.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join