It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moon mystery finally solved!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
IF the earth was reflecting more light.
then it would reflect more heat.
that would mean earth gets colder!

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Cool stuff.. the moon is such a mystery, always will be until we understand its origin and truth.

Im not here to debate anything, and I will not come back to this thread because its not important.. but I want to state a quick experience I had last year, November 2011.

Around 10-11 pm (eastern ontario, Can.) I was taking my dogs out for their last pee/poop break before bed.. I lit a lit a cig and looked up at the full moon. I had a that resonation feeling of my Awareness being pulled or attracted to the Moon in the sky; as I turned and looked up at the moon in the East direction.. wathcing it accellerate and literally ascend higher in the sky!!

The MOON was moving, going up and up and up.. in 30 seconds the moon moved significantly! If I put my hand up to the sky; the bottom of my palm being the moons first position prior to it moving; it would of moved to the top of my middle finger in 20 seconds!
Then it just stopped.. :S Weirdest shi* Ive ever witnessed when it comes to the Moon..

But yes I watched the moon accellerate and ascend in the sky for about 30 seconds.

posted on Nov, 8 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   
The moon's revolution around earth is not perfect and varies during the year. What you see in a moon highlighted from below is the suns rays coming from underneath the earth and hitting the moon from a different angle, it's simply directional lighting.

I had a look on google and found it was reported on 31 Jan 2009, loaded up Stellarium and set the time/date, is this the 'mystery' illumination you refer to ?

edit - it also makes a difference where you are on the earth, pressing F6 in Stellarium also allows you to change your viewpoint location.
edit on 8-11-2012 by digitalf because: location comment

<< 1   >>

join