It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think they can really take our guns?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Yes, I think they will. The writing is on the wall. Do you think they would have spent all these years legislating us into a police state and just stop before the final step? They could pass a law requiring you to turn in your guns by a certain date. Anyone who fails to comply by said date will be labeled a terrorist. And of course, what good is a gun after that? Do you know how to stop a bomb from being dropped on your house with a gun? That's what we do to terrorists... and people think it's great.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by Cynicaleye

The problem with many of these pro gun people is that they think that Red Dawn is a documentary and Call of Duty equates to military service.

You can't actually have a real discussion about guns in this country, because in doing so, you just unleash their 2nd Amendment tourettes syndrome where they scream the second part of the 2nd Amendment to infinity and think that's a real argument.

I love the idea that they would fight the Government to the death...when in reality they would surrender due to their lack of experience apart from Call Of Duty as you mentioned. It's likely that the only reason they care so much much about their precious killing devices is due to Alex Jones constantly fear mongering about constitutional rights being breached.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frettin
Yes, I think they will. The writing is on the wall. Do you think they would have spent all these years legislating us into a police state and just stop before the final step? They could pass a law requiring you to turn in your guns by a certain date. Anyone who fails to comply by said date will be labeled a terrorist. And of course, what good is a gun after that? Do you know how to stop a bomb from being dropped on your house with a gun? That's what we do to terrorists... and people think it's great.

Ah yes, the trademark police state where you can post whatever you want on a anti-government site..oh wait

edit on 6-11-2012 by Cynicaleye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Damn!

Looks like the trolls are spawning early this year.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by HauntWok
reply to post by wrksstudios

I was military and I've trained my whole life around guns so I wouldn't be so anti gun to people you know nothing about. And really, guns are prob one of the simplest devices on the planet. You have to be pretty dumb to not grasp the safety thing in minutes. There are many untrained people out there and they should def be trained.

Yea, that's the problem. Now, don't get me wrong, I'm not anti gun, I'm anti moron. There's a difference. And arming morons is something that I am absolutely against. No one should give an idiot a firearm. It's a lot like giving a monkey a gun, it's just not a good idea.

I agree 100%

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Cynicaleye

Okay, maybe I exaggerated a bit. But legally, they can detain me indefinitely and without charging me, just for things I may have posted on such "anti-government" websites. They did it to that Brandon Raub guy, and maybe some other people we haven't heard about. This site is a great resource to find candidates for NDAA. Why wouldn't a police state allow it? Anything that makes their jobs easier...

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
No. They will not take away guns. This is just another polarizing, divisionist tactic to put the sheep at each others throats.

As always, "common sense" has left the building.

I grew up as a hunter. I liked it... I learned lessons that can never be taken away. I don't hunt anymore, but I support it and always will...but this isn't about hunting guns.

The debate for years has always been about assault weaponry, not firearms in general. The reason why people want assault weaponry is because to be a counter balance against tyranny, the general population has to be equitably armed as the military. This is the point of the second amendment. No one wants to bring a knife to a gun fight.

I support freedom. I believe people should have the right to own whatever they want to own. The weapon is not and has never been the problem...it is the person wielding it that is the problem. If a looney-tune wants to kill someone...they kill someone...with a machine gun, a pistol, a bomb...whatever...regulating and restricting access has never stopped a cold blooded killer and it never will.
edit on 11/6/2012 by Jeremiah65 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I'm pretty much to the point where I'm preparing for anything. lol

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
No. its a NRA scare tactic. Hunting and shooting sports are way to ingrained in our culture to allow a English or Australian style of gun control. I am a avid sportsman and own several types of guns, handguns, shotguns and rifles of every action (except full auto).

In my humble, and I think reasonable opinion, the rules of unrestricted private sales need to be tightened. Not only to keep guns out of the hands of people not allowed by CURRENT laws, but also to reduce liablity of the person selling the gun.

In this day and age there is no reason why there cant be a website that can ensure a buyers privacy and provide a logical, reasonable and respnosible way to sell a firearm person to person.

If this thread takes off, I'll expand on some of my idea's

BTW, go buy and enjoy your new firearm.

Agreed,.
Wisconsin recently had a nutjob with a long history with the popo for domestic complaints put an ad in the local paper for a handgun needed asap,and the seller didnt even see a red flag.. well he killed his ex and a couple others..Im all for the 2nd amendment but a control needs to be in place..

as for the OP
not worried, but the DHS buying all that hollow point ammo is a bit concerning

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   

No. its a NRA scare tactic. Hunting and shooting sports are way to ingrained in our culture to allow a English or Australian style of gun control. I am a avid sportsman and own several types of guns, handguns, shotguns and rifles of every action (except full auto).

In my humble, and I think reasonable opinion,********( the rules of unrestricted private sales need to be tightened. Not only to keep guns out of the hands of people not allowed by CURRENT laws, but also to reduce liablity of the person selling the gun.)**********

In this day and age there is no reason why there cant be a website that can ensure a buyers privacy and provide a logical, reasonable and respnosible way to sell a firearm person to person.

Thank you Sarah Brady! If you chose to not sell your weapon to a private citizen that is your choice. Please! For Pete's sake ( Who is Pete ? ) don't expand on your notions for further gun control.

To the OP. Full gun confiscation can only be accomplished through the registration of all firearms. This can be partially offset with the private sale of a weapon. Draconian Law would assist.
(Caught with ANY weapon 10 yrs min first offense) along with a reward for turning in your neighbor.The NRA is a business. Without fear mongering their membership might dwindle............. every now and again they need to play the gun confiscation card. It would be exceedingly difficult to accomplish in America. There are an enormous number of weapons in America that aren't on any list associated with the current owners.
Back in the day, ANYONE could walk into a hardware store, plop down your dough and walk with your weapon. However, I do attempt to purchase weapons from individuals, which is allowed in Colorado. I am no more responsible for the gun I sell to a citizen then a car dealer is responsible for a drunk driver injuring someone. On rare occasion a private seller will ask to COPY my Drivers Lis and or my Concealed weapons permit and ask to sign a bill of sale. I tell them to pee up a rope. So No it will not happen. The logistics of such an undertaking would be beyond their ability.
Additionally, it would be a very dangerous environment for those charged with collection.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lil Drummerboy

In my humble, and I think reasonable opinion, the rules of unrestricted private sales need to be tightened. Not only to keep guns out of the hands of people not allowed by CURRENT laws, but also to reduce liablity of the person selling the gun.

Agreed,.
Wisconsin recently had a nutjob with a long history with the popo for domestic complaints put an ad in the local paper for a handgun needed asap,and the seller didnt even see a red flag.. well he killed his ex and a couple others..Im all for the 2nd amendment but a control needs to be in place..

as for the OP
not worried, but the DHS buying all that hollow point ammo is a bit concerning

True that. Those multiple ammo purchases are pretty crazy.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
If you're not ready to do the "cold dead hand" thing, then give your guns to someone who will. This is about a fight to the death and if you haven't got the stomach for the fight, then give your guns to someone who does and learn to live on your knees.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Has Obama ever actually said he has a policy of confiscating every gun in the country?

I don't think he has, I think it's just fear-mongering from Republicans who know it's a good vote winner for them.

On a practical level, it would be an impossible policy to enforce anyway.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Just who is they? Obama allowed firearms on Amtraks and in National Parks, Romney made the semi ban in Mass. permanent in 2004, before the Federal ban ended.

Seems like someone is buying into the lies. Don't get me wrong, as a native of Illinois I am no fan of Mr. Lesser Evil, just a fan of truth and accuracy in reporting.

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
First they will slowly make owning a gun almost impossible (legally).
Then, once guns are phased out except for the ones people own, ammo prices will go up.
Then you will start seeing ammo self destruct and blow apart the barrel of the gun, hurting gun owners in the process.
One day a working gun will be a rare thing. Like in 50 years from now.

Learn how to make ammo. It's not that hard, I used to help my dad make ammo for his guns when I was a kid.

Actually manufacture the ammo? or just reload?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   
Ask Australia. Ask the people who lost their homes due to the Kelo decision. "They" do what they want when they want. We're just tools to be used. Grow up and get real. It's a prison planet.

Originally posted by wrksstudios
So I'm really on the fence with this one. I talk to people all the time about it and they all seem to think the same thing. That its not possible. I don't think they can take our semi's. How would it even be possible? Well I dunno, But I'm not gonna wait to find out. I'm heading out asap to get the one that I've been wanting. But what do you all think? You think they will even try this if Obama gets reelected?

posted on Nov, 7 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I am pro guns too...but look at it like this.

Twenty heavily armed military like guys will surround your house and go in all the doors, windows at the same time...and they will shoot you dead. Fast.

None of this attitude of "Yeah? Let em try! Im gonna take out a bunch or them with..."

At that point you will be dead...and they move on to the next gun owner.

Thats exactly HOW theyll get your guns to take away...they will kill you. with massive superior firepower, weapons and huge amount of ammo to reload.

You dont think they will knock on your door and ask "Anyone in there got weapons? Bring em on out to us right now please"...do you? No. They will come and and take em.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Maybe some of you don't realize that they can use our arms as a reason to exterminate us!
I'm sure TPTB have no fear of an armed population as this is mute!
What they don't want is us living off the grid independant of their system!
As long as we are dependant it matters not how many guns we have!

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join