It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think they can really take our guns?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
So I'm really on the fence with this one. I talk to people all the time about it and they all seem to think the same thing. That its not possible. I don't think they can take our semi's. How would it even be possible? Well I dunno, But I'm not gonna wait to find out. I'm heading out asap to get the one that I've been wanting. But what do you all think? You think they will even try this if Obama gets reelected?

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
no way.

it wont work out too well for them.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Can they? Yep.

Will they? Nope, probably not.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:28 PM
link   
reply to post by wrksstudios

Mitt or Obama, it doesn't really matter I believe.

They WILL be coming for the guns as it's all in the end game. An unarmed populace.

Now Ron Paul...would have been a different story.

Peace

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Ya that's how I feel. I think they could try. But I really don't think they are dumb enough to do it. Although they are pretty dumb. lol. I can't believe what the united states is turning into. When I was young I believed in it. Now that I'm older & educated I see what a joke it all is.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:36 PM
link   
No. its a NRA scare tactic. Hunting and shooting sports are way to ingrained in our culture to allow a English or Australian style of gun control. I am a avid sportsman and own several types of guns, handguns, shotguns and rifles of every action (except full auto).

In my humble, and I think reasonable opinion, the rules of unrestricted private sales need to be tightened. Not only to keep guns out of the hands of people not allowed by CURRENT laws, but also to reduce liablity of the person selling the gun.

In this day and age there is no reason why there cant be a website that can ensure a buyers privacy and provide a logical, reasonable and respnosible way to sell a firearm person to person.

If this thread takes off, I'll expand on some of my idea's

BTW, go buy and enjoy your new firearm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by khimbar
Can they? Yep.

no they can not....the logistics of it are absolutely absurd.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jacksmoke
No. its a NRA scare tactic. Hunting and shooting sports are way to ingrained in our culture to allow a English or Australian style of gun control. I am a avid sportsman and own several types of guns, handguns, shotguns and rifles of every action (except full auto).

In my humble, and I think reasonable opinion, the rules of unrestricted private sales need to be tightened. Not only to keep guns out of the hands of people not allowed by CURRENT laws, but also to reduce liablity of the person selling the gun.

In this day and age there is no reason why there cant be a website that can ensure a buyers privacy and provide a logical, reasonable and respnosible way to sell a firearm person to person.

If this thread takes off, I'll expand on some of my idea's

BTW, go buy and enjoy your new firearm.

I agree. They do need to make it so they do not end up in the wrong hands. Its a difficult task. But it could be done.

Thanks! I can't wait to go get it. I still have to wait the 10 days. But once its over its gonna be so fun. I have quite a few different types and shooting has always been so much fun. I just don't want it taken away from the people that follow the rules.
edit on 6-11-2012 by wrksstudios because: Boo!

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Over time? Yes. In a short span of time? No.To implement drastic changes against the interests and wishes of a populace you have to do it in increments. Take the capital gains tax for instance. Just look at the rates every decade since the 40's. It'll tell you everything you need to know on how to get what you want on a large scale.Slow and steady wins the race.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:46 PM
link   
They could try, but they would need a sea change in the Supreme Court first. The issue, as always, is whether gun ownership is an individual right or a collective right. The phrase "A well-regulated militia being essential to a free state" has been argued both ways for literally centuries, so you or I taking sides and arguing what we feel it means is really irrelevant. It matters what SCOTUS judges think and they are almost 50/50 on the issue.

Now, what they COULD do pretty readily is enact more and more regulations about what type of guns you can have, what ammunition, whether it is micro-marked, etc. In other words, they can make it a greater and greater hassle to own firearms by burying it in red tape and extra taxes. They can also attempt to apply social pressure. Believe it or not, being gay was once considered a complete aberration. Even liberals felt that well, after psychiatric counseling gays might be able to get over it. But applied social pressure, started by gays themselves, has made even looking at a gay sideways a hate crime. The same kind of social pressure could be put on guns. In many places, it already is. I announced I was well-armed (quite on purpose) to my neighbors who shuddered in response.

edit on 11/6/2012 by schuyler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375

Originally posted by khimbar
Can they? Yep.

no they can not....the logistics of it are absolutely absurd.

Why? Numbers of people with guns?

You think numbers really matter? You think they'd just go out one on one for a gun grab?
edit on 6-11-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:54 PM
link   
The amount of blood that would be spilled in the attempt is too great of a deterrent in my opinion. Gun sales are going up, not down in most states.

link   
Yes.

For starters all the bravado on the side of gun owners with the "cold dead hands" crap is empty.

There may be some pockets of armed resisting but nothing organized and each shot fired will turn popular opinion further away from the side of the gun owners.

When all is said and done most Americans will choose their families and homes and lives over continued possession of a thing.

Second, it's been done plenty of times throughout history and currently all over the globe.

Now, will they get them all? Of course not. Plenty will remain hidden or under the radar and just as with drugs a very prolific black market will spring up funneling real machine guns up from South America and into the West from Asia and former Soviet nations. Anyone with any sense knows this so feel free to laugh at the gun-grabbers when they drag out the whole "gun-free society" crap.

But that's not the point. The point is the Kings all hate armed subjects. They even hate their own armies. They all hate your guns and not only will they try to take them they are taking them everyday. The BATFE enforces vague and befuddled legislation by design. Those who kick in your door dont even understand why they do it. They just know they were told to so they do. A damn shoelace is a machine gun to them and a wad of steel wool is a suppressor.

They wont take them all. They cant take them all. But they can make criminals of us all and make us hated targets for our neighbors.

link   

Originally posted by schuyler
They could try, but they would need a sea change in the Supreme Court first. The issue, as always, is whether gun ownership is an individual right or a collective right. The phrase "A well-regulated militia being essential to a free state" has been argued both ways for literally centuries, so you or I taking sides and arguing what we feel it means is really irrelevant. It matters what SCOTUS judges think and they are almost 50/50 on the issue.

Now, what they COULD pretty readily is enact more and more regulations about what type of guns you can have, what ammunition, whether it is micro-marked, etc. In other words, they can make it a greater and greater hassle to own firearms by burying it in red tape and extra taxes. They can also attempt to apply social pressure. Believe it or not, being gay was once considered a complete aberration. Even liberals felt that well, after psychiatric counseling gays might be able to get over it. But applied social pressure, started by gays themselves, has made even looking at a gay sideways a hate crime. The same kind of social pressure could be put on guns. In many places, it already is. I announced I was well-armed (quite on purpose) to my neighbors who shuddered in response.
Good post. My sentiments exactly.

link   

One thing I do know is that the firearm industry in America is huge, it employs hundreds of thousands of people if not millions in machine shops, steel mills, retail stores, ammunition manufacturers etc. get rid of guns and you also put those people out of work. Unemployment would skyrocket and would overload and already overloaded system. I personally don't see them doing so, but I wouldn't put it past them either remember some of these people are incredibly stupid people that have no right being in their positions. Enjoy your new firearm.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 05:57 PM
link   
They have no need to take your guns away anymore. It's paranoia to think they will try. Gun laws on the other hand... you should always be aware of. When it becomes easier to get a gun illegally than legally, there's a problem. I still wish though that the evil things had never been invented.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensdoexist

One thing I do know is that the firearm industry in America is huge, it employs hundreds of thousands of people if not millions in machine shops, steel mills, retail stores, ammunition manufacturers etc. get rid of guns and you also put those people out of work. Unemployment would skyrocket and would overload and already overloaded system. I personally don't see them doing so, but I wouldn't put it past them either remember some of these people are incredibly stupid people that have no right being in their positions. Enjoy your new firearm.

So so true. It would devastate an already devastated country.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
All that has to happen is:
1. Hillary signs the U.N. Small Arms Treaty.
2. Harry Reid refuses to let the Senate vote on it. Therefore it becomes ratified.
3. National Guard shows up at your door.
NWO wins.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   
First they will slowly make owning a gun almost impossible (legally).
Then, once guns are phased out except for the ones people own, ammo prices will go up.
Then you will start seeing ammo self destruct and blow apart the barrel of the gun, hurting gun owners in the process.
One day a working gun will be a rare thing. Like in 50 years from now.

Learn how to make ammo. It's not that hard, I used to help my dad make ammo for his guns when I was a kid.

posted on Nov, 6 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrGod
Then you will start seeing ammo self destruct and blow apart the barrel of the gun, hurting gun owners in the process.

There were reports saying the Syrian army was distributing intentionally corrupted and explosive ammo to the rebels not long ago for just that purpose.

I bet it'll start with Federal brand ammo because tyrants love to make jokes as they crush throats.

ETA: Here it is: Syrian government booby-traps rebels ammunition
edit on 6-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join